1084 users online (226 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Haliburton Hired for storm clean up

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    It's only at Naval sites.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    It's only at Naval sites.
    So what! Bush and his cronies are trying to profit off of this tradgedy.
    I am totally disgusted.

I am totally disgusted.
    It said it had something to do with a contract signed last year.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

How convienent. Haliburton has the contract for the wars and storms and who knows what else. Bush needs to be kicked out on his butt.

I don't know that Bush is the one that gives out these contracts. You guys give him wayyyyy too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletgirl2002
    I don't know that Bush is the one that gives out these contracts. You guys give him wayyyyy too much credit.
    And some give him way to much leeway.

There's an environmental cleanup firm my ex-hubby works for, HQ is in Baton Rouge. They will be transferring ex down to LA in October, as soon as their job in UT is finished. So, haliburton isn't going to be the only one working cleanup. Me thinks there will be hundreds of companies, and unfortunately, more than enough cleanup for hundreds of companies....

Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG
    There's an environmental cleanup firm my ex-hubby works for, HQ is in Baton Rouge. They will be transferring ex down to LA in October, as soon as their job in UT is finished. So, haliburton isn't going to be the only one working cleanup. Me thinks there will be hundreds of companies, and unfortunately, more than enough cleanup for hundreds of companies....
    But it doesn't serve the purpose of making it look like the President is in bed with Haliburton if they mention those other companies.

My son-in-law's sister and BIL are going down this weekend to offer their (free) help in doing whatever...working in the shelters, helping cleaning up to get families back in less damaged homes, bulldozing debris (he has a lot of big dirt moving equipment), etc. I think that's great especially the way gas is right now. They really can't afford to make the trip and have 2 young children that will be staying with G-ma and G-pa, but they feel they have to do it, which is really nice, IMO.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

I am totally disgusted.
    I am totally disgusted that you would say this. Its unbelievable. Give me a break...

I agree. Haliburton is experienced with environmental cleanup--they know how to do it. This has absolutely nothing to do with favoritism. Many, many companies will be involved in this cleanup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity
    But it doesn't serve the purpose of making it look like the President is in bed with Haliburton if they mention those other companies.

BINGO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    I agree. Haliburton is experienced with environmental cleanup--they know how to do it. This has absolutely nothing to do with favoritism. Many, many companies will be involved in this cleanup.
    I would bet the citizens of LA really won't care right now WHAT companies are going to be hired to do cleanup - just that there will be companies coming in to do it!

I should've named the company my ex works for, it's Shaw Corporation. I'm sure they'll have other sections of their company doing cleanup, etc. earlier than the crew my ex will be on, as they don't finish their job in Utah until October. But Shaw has crews all over the nation at different worksites.

Until and unless I hear that there's a massive contract conspiracy with Haliburton, I'm glad they're being hired - I bet they know how to work a lot of these big cleanups. JMO.

I would bet the citizens of LA really won't care right now WHAT companies are going to be hired to do cleanup - just that there will be companies coming in to do it!

I should've named the company my ex works for, it's Shaw Corporation. I'm sure they'll have other sections of their company doing cleanup, etc. earlier than the crew my ex will be on, as they don't finish their job in Utah until October. But Shaw has crews all over the nation at different worksites.

Until and unless I hear that there's a massive contract conspiracy with Haliburton, I'm glad they're being hired - I bet they know how to work a lot of these big cleanups. JMO.

Do you travel with him? If you come to LA, please contact me! We'll "do lunch" or something!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast