Haliburton Hired for storm clean up

Dark Knight said:
It's only at Naval sites.
So what! Bush and his cronies are trying to profit off of this tradgedy.
I am totally disgusted.

Becba said:
I am totally disgusted.
It said it had something to do with a contract signed last year.

How convienent. Haliburton has the contract for the wars and storms and who knows what else. Bush needs to be kicked out on his butt.

I don't know that Bush is the one that gives out these contracts. You guys give him wayyyyy too much credit.

bulletgirl2002 said:
I don't know that Bush is the one that gives out these contracts. You guys give him wayyyyy too much credit.
And some give him way to much leeway.

There's an environmental cleanup firm my ex-hubby works for, HQ is in Baton Rouge. They will be transferring ex down to LA in October, as soon as their job in UT is finished. So, haliburton isn't going to be the only one working cleanup. Me thinks there will be hundreds of companies, and unfortunately, more than enough cleanup for hundreds of companies....

DEPUTYDAWG said:
There's an environmental cleanup firm my ex-hubby works for, HQ is in Baton Rouge. They will be transferring ex down to LA in October, as soon as their job in UT is finished. So, haliburton isn't going to be the only one working cleanup. Me thinks there will be hundreds of companies, and unfortunately, more than enough cleanup for hundreds of companies....
But it doesn't serve the purpose of making it look like the President is in bed with Haliburton if they mention those other companies. :angel:

My son-in-law's sister and BIL are going down this weekend to offer their (free) help in doing whatever...working in the shelters, helping cleaning up to get families back in less damaged homes, bulldozing debris (he has a lot of big dirt moving equipment), etc. I think that's great especially the way gas is right now. They really can't afford to make the trip and have 2 young children that will be staying with G-ma and G-pa, but they feel they have to do it, which is really nice, IMO.

Becba said:
I am totally disgusted.
I am totally disgusted that you would say this. Its unbelievable. Give me a break...:furious: :furious:

DEPUTYDAWG said:

I agree. Haliburton is experienced with environmental cleanup--they know how to do it. This has absolutely nothing to do with favoritism. Many, many companies will be involved in this cleanup.

Ntegrity said:
But it doesn't serve the purpose of making it look like the President is in bed with Haliburton if they mention those other companies. :angel:

BINGO!!!

kgeaux said:
I agree. Haliburton is experienced with environmental cleanup--they know how to do it. This has absolutely nothing to do with favoritism. Many, many companies will be involved in this cleanup.

I would bet the citizens of LA really won't care right now WHAT companies are going to be hired to do cleanup - just that there will be companies coming in to do it!

I should've named the company my ex works for, it's Shaw Corporation. I'm sure they'll have other sections of their company doing cleanup, etc. earlier than the crew my ex will be on, as they don't finish their job in Utah until October. But Shaw has crews all over the nation at different worksites.

Until and unless I hear that there's a massive contract conspiracy with Haliburton, I'm glad they're being hired - I bet they know how to work a lot of these big cleanups. JMO.

DEPUTYDAWG said:
I would bet the citizens of LA really won't care right now WHAT companies are going to be hired to do cleanup - just that there will be companies coming in to do it!

I should've named the company my ex works for, it's Shaw Corporation. I'm sure they'll have other sections of their company doing cleanup, etc. earlier than the crew my ex will be on, as they don't finish their job in Utah until October. But Shaw has crews all over the nation at different worksites.

Until and unless I hear that there's a massive contract conspiracy with Haliburton, I'm glad they're being hired - I bet they know how to work a lot of these big cleanups. JMO.

Do you travel with him? If you come to LA, please contact me! We'll "do lunch" or something!

kgeaux said:
Do you travel with him? If you come to LA, please contact me! We'll "do lunch" or something!

No, although he's my ex, we're still on pretty good terms, but I have no desire to travel with him, LOL!

But if I get in your area, or you up here, you definitely sound like a great person to do lunch with!!! I've been to Baton Rouge (last time was 5/04 for a horse show in Gonzales), and NO...would love to get down in that area again some time. Have really been wondering about our horse show buddies from that area...I'm hoping that private show grounds in Gonzales is housing lots of horses and other animals right now, it's a wonderful, gorgeous facility.

And glad your friend's uncle has been found safe.

If the vice president had not worked for Halliburton and if the contracts for the Iraq war had been more equitably bid on there would be little room for a critical view of them being involved in the clean up.

At this point, I personally don't care who cleans up. I just want people to be taken care of, treated fairly and kindly.

Halliburton isn't the only company involved.

There are politics involved in these contracts. Just the nature of it. It is not as if there is never any corruption involved when there is money to be made and lobbying etc.

DEPUTYDAWG said:

Actually, I think that's what we've been hearing. Halliburton is in charge of many contracts for the Iraq war, too. Small pieces put together in a puzzle add up to big pieces. This isn't really a puzzle, though, for those paying attention.

It would be quite another thing entirely if Halliburton were not directly connected to the Vice President, If they were just a company experienced in these sorts of things. But Halliburton DOES have ties to Cheney. He used to be the CEO. So it appears to be a conflict of interest and undue corporate interest.

Saying that government chose Halliburton on its own merits rings a bit hollow, when the second-in-command of the government used to be the CEO.

Cheney appears to still be working for Halliburton, not for the people of the USA, who are his boss now.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....

So any company who has ever had ties with anyone in public office should be denied contracts for which they're qualified? Whatever :rolleyes:

DEPUTYDAWG said:

It's not just for the citizens of LA to think about.

An entire BIG CITY in the USA was destroyed, is 89% underwater. To think that this is only going to affect the citizens of LA is naive. This is going to affect our entire nation and national economy for years if not decades.

And yes WE are ALL going to be paying for it. That 10.5 billion disaster aid did not come straight out of Cheney's pocket. Although I did see a photo of him once with SOMETHING in there. Maybe it was a huge roll of cash.;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back