Missing Persons in Israel- Link to Article

rainwater

Reaction score
Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place, but I happened across this article on the net while looking for something else. It describes what happens when Israeli citizens go missing and the frustrations that Israeli police have in conducting investigations of missing persons or UIDs.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel/.premium-1.575812

i can't view it without registering. Can anyone sum up the valiant points of the article?

That's weird. When I clicked on it originally the entire article opened right up-no I am not a subscriber. Brief summary: The article interviews a couple of Israeli private investigators and an Israeli LE officer. Over 1,000 children are currently missing in Israel, there are missing adults, there are also unidentified remains of just under 600 people countrywide. The officers suspect that many people are never reported as missing. Missing person reports often do not have pictures of the missing. MP reports often contain only the person's name and age, and things such as hair color, height, or tattoos etc. are not mentioned when reports are filed..There is no real country-wide system for collecting DNA, dentals or other identifiers for the UIDs. The families of missing Israelis are often times so frustrated that they hire private investigators to try to find out what happened to their missing loved one.

I noticed that the link above also has a FB page. According to the site, if you "like" them on FB, you can get articles sent to your news feed. They allow you to register. This was at the bottom of the page-I copy/pasted it here.

Click here to register for free, to subscribe ($1 for the first 4 weeks) or login
To get the latest from Haaretz
Like us on Facebook and get articles directly in your news feed

The latest article is still premium so you have to subscribe, but I found a very similar article back in 2010. It's quite shocking. The now retired head officer had his car and computer taken away, and had to push to get action on a domestic violence homicide of a missing woman, whose body he managed to track down with zero help. She was a police officer's wife.

There are also a lot of unidentified bodies and parts buried in mass graves, without samples taken for later matching.

http://www.haaretz.com/beta/in-israel-missing-means-gone-for-good-1.852

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back