CANADA Canada - Eramosa Twp, Ont, WhtFem 550UFON, 25-45, off Hwy 7, Aug'05

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Coroners have yet to identify a woman whose body was found near Rockwood outside of Guelph, Ont. on Sunday.

A decomposed body was found in a wooded picnic area near Rockwood along Highway 7 by someone taking a walk.

The body is that of a white woman between 25 and 45, about five-foot-six and about 130 pounds.

The woman had a partial upper dental plate and she suffered a fractured left cheekbone sometime before her death
http://www.canada.com/national/nati....html?id=0e99e536-cf4d-4ac1-8adf-486597f8d839

Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on August 28, 2005 in Eramosa Township, east of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
  • Estimated Date of Death: 2 to 6 weeks prior to discovery
  • This is being investigated as a suspicious death
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 25 - 45 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 4" - 5' 6" (163 - 168 cm); 130 lbs. (58 kg).
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Medium-brown hair. The deceased had previous facial injury consisting of a broken nose and damage to the left eye socket. The victim also had a partial upper dental plate consisting of two teeth. The left eye socket injury corresponds to the two teeth on the dental plate. There is also evidence of a previous injury to the 7th rib on the left front of her rib cage.
  • Dentals: Available; partial upper dental plate consisting of two teeth.
  • Clothing: Pink brassiere, "31" located on the left cup, label "725 Originals"; thong-style panties with a small bow at the waist,"Rivage Intimate"; beige Atsmosphere tank top t-shirt with 1" straps and a round neck line, size 10/12; black corduroy "Illegal Jeanswear" shorts with two horizontal zippered front pockets, two back pockets with button down flaps, size 9.
  • DNA: Available
Case History
The victim was located by a pedestrian at a wooded rest stop/picnic area on Highway 7 in Eramosa Township, east of Guelph, Ontario on August 28, 2005. Guelph is located approximately one hour west of Toronto, Ontario.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Ontario Provincial Police
Guelph Detachment
Detective Constable Dave Beckon
519-822-7250
1-888-310-1122
OR
Crime Stoppers
1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number: 20050002

NCIC Number:
N/A
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
Ontario Provincial Police - Missing Persons and Unidentified Bodies/Remains Unit

Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/550ufon.html

Elaine Phyllis Dumba
Missing since 1989 from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: March 12, 1955
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 168 cm; 64 kg
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Medium brown hair.
  • Marks, Scars: Possible scar tissue from injury or plastic surgery nose and cheek. Laceration scars on wrists.
  • AKA: ACOOSE, Sharon Lorraine; DESJARLAIS, Elaine Phylis.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Last seen in 1989. She was reported missing on April 9, 1998. She was drug addicted and worked in the sex trade.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Missing Woman Tip line
877-687-3377
NCIC Number:
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
RCMP

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1738dfbc.html

EDumba.jpg

Reconstruction of Jane Doe: http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/AbsolutelyFabulousFan/?action=view&current=550UFON.jpg

Unless I'm reading this wrong, the unidentified woman was found in 2005 and had been dead about 2-6 weeks before being discovered.

The woman from Vancouver was last seen in 1989 and reported missing in 1998.

The missing Vancouver woman had laceration scars on her wrists (suicide attempt?), but there is no mention of such scars on the unidentified woman.

While it's always possible this is a match, I'd have to say in my opinion it's doubtful. Does anyone else have an opinion??

I doubt this is a match because the dates don't match. The victim was found 8/28/05 and the time of death was estimated to be 2 to 6 weeks prior to her discovery. The missing, Elaine, was last seen in 1989 and finally reported missing in 1998. The dates just don't work. It is too bad; though, I so want to match these missing souls to their families and bodies that have been found.

Lion

i too doubt this is a match -- there have been many, many women (most involved in the sex industry) that have disappeared from British Columbia in recent history. while i'm not too familiar with the cases, i have heard that its suspected there's a serial killer involved. so it seems doubtful that this one woman's body would turn up 15 years later on the other side of the country.

This case has always bothered me. I have searched high and low for a possible match. The closest that i could come was this one.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200502684S

The JD was located about 10 monthes later and Darlene Ann Wallace was from the USA, however the height and weight were pretty much the same. She did have a previously broken nose and ribs, but no mention of a partial dental plate. I do think there is a bit of resemblance. I submitted it to the "OPP Resolve Iniative" a few months ago, but never heard back, so I assume it wasn't a match.

This case has always bothered me. I have searched high and low for a possible match. The closest that i could come was this one.

PLEASE, PLEASE do not give up. You are very much like the rest of us - we all hope to match up at least one "unidentified" with one "missing"!. The fact that you have tried to match these two up tells me you feel like I do - I wish I could match them all up!!

PLEASE, PLEASE do not give up. You are very much like the rest of us - we all hope to match up at least one "unidentified" with one "missing"!. The fact that you have tried to match these two up tells me you feel like I do - I wish I could match them all up!!

Yes, I know what you mean. I spend way more time doing this than I probably should, its very addictive. It blows my mind that there are so many unidentified individuals out there and countless families wondering where their loved ones are.

I actually did help match a JD with a missing person last summer when the "OPP Resolve Intiative" was first launched. The young man had been unidentified since 2003. When I look back on it, I wonder how it could go that long without being solved by law enforcement. That was just before my websleuths days.

For anyone who is interested there are so many unidentified people in Ontario. I am sure many of you have visited it before but here is a link to the "OPP Resolve Initiative" website.

http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/UnidentifiedRemains/index.htm

Unless I'm reading this wrong, the unidentified woman was found in 2005 and had been dead about 2-6 weeks before being discovered.

The woman from Vancouver was last seen in 1989 and reported missing in 1998.

The missing Vancouver woman had laceration scars on her wrists (suicide attempt?), but there is no mention of such scars on the unidentified woman.

While it's always possible this is a match, I'd have to say in my opinion it's doubtful. Does anyone else have an opinion??
I saw a resemblence between the two women's brows, lips, overall face shape, especially the jaw line. Although the missing woman was not seen since '89, not reported missing until '98, she may have been alive in 2005. If she was not even reported as missing until 9 years after she was last seen, implies she was not close to her family, or had none or that she lived a very transient life. Working in the sex trade it is quite possible she could end up on another side of the country. Elaine's age fit's in the UID's age range and also for height. The UID's body was found in August after being exposed for up to 6 weeks, maybe small scars were not visible from decomposition. There is facial bone damage, that sounds similar to Elaine. Eye socket damage could also be written as cheek if the injury is at the bottom of socket. Were Elaine alive after 1998, the missing teeth could have happened later. I think a match could easily be determined by comparing xrays of the bone injuries if any are available. I think this might be a posssible match worth alerting the authorities to check out.

I agree that there are some superficial similarities, but I wouldn't say it was a close enough match to notify LE. However, if others disagree, then maybe you should bring it to someone's attention. If even one other person sees a similarity, then you might really have something.

Good luck, and keep us posted with what you find out!

Rockwood Unidentified FemaleSeeking the Public’s Help to Identify a Young Female Victim On Sunday August 28, 2005, the body of an unidentified person was found at the end of a footpath in a wooded area at a rest stop on Highway 7, west of the Town of Rockwood, Ontario. It is believed the body had been there for approximately one month.The victim is described as an adult white female between the ages of 25-45 years with medium brown hair. She was approximately 5 foot 4 inches to 5 foot 6 inches tall, weighing approximately 130 pounds, with an average build. She had a partial upper dental plate consisting of two teeth, the left incisor and the canine. She had some old facial trauma including a broken nose and left eye socket. As a result of the facial trauma, it is probable that this female had facial deformities. The dental plate may have been associated to the facial trauma. She also had a fracture of the 7th rib of the front rib cage. http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/UnidentifiedRemains/opp_002058.html

The partial upper dental plate should be a great clue as to her identity. I'm not sure how common it is; coupled with the old facial trauma. Maybe she had been in a car accident..?

Maybe this case will get more attention with the police activity in the area. I do hope this young woman gets identified.

The distance throws me off, however they look similar.
If you look at the eyes/eyebrows. In the picture of the missing woman her right eye looks squinty, and the eyebrow is arched, where her left eyebrow looks more curved. In the artists rendering, there are similarities, especially if the picture was flipped.

I know it is far off but the clothing descriptions are very similar and size is dead on as well as the time frame. I am new at this so I could really use some input.

I know it is far off but the clothing descriptions are very similar and size is dead on as well as the time frame. I am new at this so I could really use some input.

Hi latenighter,

Although many of the stats are similar there are a few things that would lead me to think that this would not be a match.

There is no mention of any previous broken nose or eye socket or any facial deformities. As well there is no mention of a partial dental plate. Also it states that she was last seen rafting on a river in Kern County. I am assuming that it is likely that she may have drown. Again I am assuming. As with many missing person cases there is not a lot of information to go on.

Hopefully some other members can give their opinion on this as well. I have been looking at this case for a few years now and would like to see her identified. I am glad to see there is some recent interest on WS lately.

And welcome to WS by the way!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back