FL - Phu Tran for sexually assaulting two women, Palm Beach County, 2003

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A judge ordered a Boynton Beach man Thursday to become the first person in Palm Beach County history to involuntarily undergo chemical castration as part of his sentence for molesting two women as he gave them massages.

Phu Tran, 34, already was sentenced to a 20-year prison term when a judge ordered him to undergo five years of chemical-castration treatments after his release. With that sentence, Tran also becomes one of only a handful of men in Florida ordered to undergo chemical castration. Other inmates undergo the treatment voluntarily.

A recent state review of the roughly 100 sexual offenders in Florida's prison system who potentially qualify for mandatory chemical castration found that the 1997 law compelling the treatment has been overlooked by judges, prosecutors and public defenders. The law calls for mandatory chemical castration if an offender has two or more sexual battery convictions.

Garringer found that prosecutors, judges and public defenders in the other cases never noted that the treatment is mandatory. Even probation officers who prepare sentencing reports for judges didn't raise the issue. Garringer made a number of recommendations to see that the law is followed in future cases.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...2sep02,0,45245.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Isn't it funny that I knew it was the law in that state and the judge just noticed it and prosecutors had not known about it? I read about it months ago.

Yes, there was another case where it was applied shortly after the Jessie L. case. Seems it was a first in that county also. But somehow I feel we will be seeing more of it.

Need to be a FEDERAL requirement applied in every state! After the first charge if it involves a child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back