804 users online (115 members and 689 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Judge orders Boynton molester to undergo chemical castration

A judge ordered a Boynton Beach man Thursday to become the first person in Palm Beach County history to involuntarily undergo chemical castration as part of his sentence for molesting two women as he gave them massages.

Phu Tran, 34, already was sentenced to a 20-year prison term when a judge ordered him to undergo five years of chemical-castration treatments after his release. With that sentence, Tran also becomes one of only a handful of men in Florida ordered to undergo chemical castration. Other inmates undergo the treatment voluntarily.

A recent state review of the roughly 100 sexual offenders in Florida's prison system who potentially qualify for mandatory chemical castration found that the 1997 law compelling the treatment has been overlooked by judges, prosecutors and public defenders. The law calls for mandatory chemical castration if an offender has two or more sexual battery convictions.

Garringer found that prosecutors, judges and public defenders in the other cases never noted that the treatment is mandatory. Even probation officers who prepare sentencing reports for judges didn't raise the issue. Garringer made a number of recommendations to see that the law is followed in future cases.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Isn't it funny that I knew it was the law in that state and the judge just noticed it and prosecutors had not known about it? I read about it months ago.

Yes, there was another case where it was applied shortly after the Jessie L. case. Seems it was a first in that county also. But somehow I feel we will be seeing more of it.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Need to be a FEDERAL requirement applied in every state! After the first charge if it involves a child.