1009 users online (218 members and 791 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Suzanne Hughes, 67, Cromer, Norfolk, 17 July 2015

Suzanne Hughes

Anguished husband speaks out a week after his wife went missing in Cromer
    A husband has described his despair after his wife went missing in Cromer without a trace a week ago.

Suzanne Hughes, 67, was last seen at about 10.30pm on July 17 at her holiday home in Merchants Court.

Her husband, who said his wife was “upset” and “low” because of her health problems, said Suzanne sometimes wasn’t a very good sleeper and she would go to another room so she didn’t disturb him.

Mr Hughes, who lives in the West Midlands, told the media she wasn’t in the kitchen when he went downstairs and the front door was open.

He then went to his daughter to tell her that her mother wasn’t in the house.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Three things in this article bother me:

"The 67-year-old’s disappearance has been described as ‘out of character’ although she is believed to be taking anti-depressants".

The sea was only two or three minutes from the cottage so I went down to the promenade and on to the pier.

“She had no money. She had put her dress on but hadn’t taken her glasses and she needs them".

So, beside it being dark outside, she was maybe taking anti-depressants, she was not wearing her glasses, and there was water nearby = I'm afraid this will end sadly. I so hope I'm wrong.

Body off Dutch coast confirmed as missing Cromer holidaymaker
    Police have confirmed that a body found 75 miles off the Dutch coast is that of missing Cromer holidaymaker Suzanne Hughes.

The body, found earlier this week, was taken to Holland where a post mortem examination carried out yesterday concluded there were no suspicious circumstances.
    RIP Suzanne.