1421 users online (310 members and 1111 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Zillabel 'Jane' Friesen, 81, Fresno, 21 July 2015

Zillabel Jane Friesen

FRESNO POLICE SUSPECT FOUL PLAY AFTER 81-YEAR-OLD WOMAN GOES MISSING
    FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --

The Fresno Police Department held a news conference on Saturday to provide updated information on the disappearance of a Fresno woman.

Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer says Zillabel Jane Friesen, 81, has not been seen since Tuesday and that foul play is now suspected. She left her home around 9 a.m. that day but never returned.
    http://abc30.com/news/fresno-police-...issing/881094/
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

What an interesting bit of information to include.

"Friesen’s car is a 2006 green Ford Escape with California license plate 5PEV311. She tends to visit local national parks once a month and may be headed to the Tulare area, police said."

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/...e28369204.html

I wonder if a new onset medical problem could be to blame? I hope she is still alive.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

The area of town where she stopped to get gas isn't the best.

Tulare is abt a 40min drive down our freeway 99 south. Not much there. Farming, a small town.
    I'll be paying attn to this. Hope she is found safe and soon!!

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/...e28725196.html
    Friesen left her home at 3839 E. Huntington Blvd. at 9 a.m. She lives with her daughter, Melaney Shaum, who told police Friesen took chicken out of the freezer to thaw. She told her daughter she would be back in time to cook dinner — something she regularly did for the family.
    Friesen did not tell Shaum exactly what her plans were, which was typical for her independent mother, Shaum said.
    Dyer said the department’s Real Time Crime Center identified Friesen’s green 2006 Ford Escape SUV, license plate number 5PEV311, at the Foods Co grocery store at 4838 E. Kings Canyon Road shortly after she left the house. Surveillance footage showed Friesen getting gas at the store, then leaving. This is the last record of her that police have been able to find.
    Dyer said that no charges or withdrawals on Friesen’s ATM or credit cards have been made since this trip. Her cell phone has been turned off since July 17, which Shaum said wasn’t uncommon; her mother only turned it on to use it.
    A search of Friesen’s home yielded no evidence. She did not take any clothes, documents, medication or supplies with her, Dyer said.

This sounds like she had a car accident. There is very little news on this, and no talk of a search. I wonder why?

Also from the article I posted in #5
    Friesen left her home at 3839 E. Huntington Blvd. at 9 a.m. She lives with her daughter, Melaney Shaum, who told police Friesen took chicken out of the freezer to thaw. She told her daughter she would be back in time to cook dinner - something she regularly did for the family.

Friesen did not tell Shaum exactly what her plans were, which was typical for her independent mother, Shaum said.

Rangers at Sequoia National Park, a favorite vacation spot of Friesen’s, handed out fliers and searched the trail heads and parking lots for any sign of her or the SUV.

The articles all say she left home, and was last see getting gas.
    image.jpg

She was heading east, so one would assume she would continue east, or maybe south and east.

The articles also mention that she might head to Tulare, and/or Sequoia National Park, which matches the south and east theory.
    image.jpg

There are two 'major' highways leading to the park. My 'park entrance' circles are probably mislocated and much too easterly to be accurate. But it shows the highway number so I wanted to highlight that. There are SO many opportunities to have a car accident in a remote location. Again, why is there no talk of searches?

And what causes them to suspect foul play?
    Last edited by GigTu; 07-30-2015 at 02:19 AM.

I haven't seen anything on the news lately.

Trying to think if there's any canals out that way, and other bodies of water...
    Maybe she stopped to see some sight seeing along the way and fell off a cliff. ???

A month now, and I just don't understand how she could be gone without a trace. She liked to go to the parks, but that's a long trip when you've already got chicken thawing.

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    No new updates to this FB page. =\

Most recent news I can find. No new info.
    http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/new...nues-searching

Well, they found her and her car off a fire road. I knew they weren't going to find her alive, so I guess I'm glad there are just some answers?
    Going to go hug my dad and check to see if his phone is on.

Exclamation

Local media is reporting that she has been found by fire crews on a remote mountain fire road. Her car was found, and a body found nearby has been mauled by bears (unknown whether before or after death). the body however has not been positively identified. Here's the link to family's FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/zillabelljanefriesen
    Last edited by InALYsMemory; 08-24-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Maybe she went for a little drive, saw a bear cub and got out of her car to get a closer look. No matter, it's very sad. Poor lady.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast