answer to "Cat on the Keyboard" problem

Magnum PI

Former Member
Reaction score
My cat likes to jump up on my lap when I'm on my computer. Sometimes, he will walk across my keyboard if he isn't getting the attention he thinks he deserves. I found the ultimate weapon! Compressed air, the kind you use to blow out your computer with. Cats hate to be shot with the air...now, all I have to do now is pick up the can, my cat gives me a go to hell look, and runs off to pester the birds or something.

Magnum PI said:
My cat likes to jump up on my lap when I'm on my computer. Sometimes, he will walk across my keyboard if he isn't getting the attention he thinks he deserves. I found the ultimate weapon! Compressed air, the kind you use to blow out your computer with. Cats hate to be shot with the air...now, all I have to do now is pick up the can, my cat gives me a go to hell look, and runs off to pester the birds or something.

It takes a big man to admit he blows his cat.

Marine Mom said:
I'm not that big, but I fear no cat. My punishment is swift and final...mpi

Well I am glad that it is not only my cat that does this.....I had no idea that this was common.

CyberLaw said:
Well I am glad that it is not only my cat that does this.....I had no idea that this was common.
It is not only common, it could spread among the cat community. This is, alas, our last, and maybe our only defense....mpi

Knowing my cat, he would probably look at it as a blow dryer....or he would like it......or be scared for a whole 5 minutes.

My kitty cat is unique.....really unique.......

I know what you mean about cat(s) on the keyboard.. if mine feel ignored they will practically lay across it. I need to get me some of that canned air.

Magnum PI said:
Your cat and Dusty must be comparing notes. I am trying to ty[e around her right now. Need to get that canned air. My keyboard is full of cat hair.

Pepper said:
Your cat and Dusty must be comparing notes. I am trying to ty[e around her right now. Need to get that canned air. My keyboard is full of cat hair.
Two of my friends were working on a project with me in a small office with three desks and three chairs. After some time passed, we noticed that there was always two sitting, one standing or kneeling, and the cat was in the other chair, not asleep, but with those squint eyes. We voted, and moved the cat. How do cats get away with this stuff?...mpi

I don't have a cat but my ferret crawls on my keyboard.

Since he has a whole room to play in I don't feel to bad putting him there.

My cat gets on my lap and pushes her head under my arms while I am typing. I sometimes forget that everything on the planet is about her, my bad...LOL

Marine Mom said:

Good one - you're definitely one up on Cass and Mabel today!!!!

CyberLaw said:
Knowing my cat, he would probably look at it as a blow dryer....or he would like it......or be scared for a whole 5 minutes.

My kitty cat is unique.....really unique.......
that's a scary thought...go ahead and try it(canned air) just for the hell of it. It still works for me, but I fear retribution..so far nothing been peed on that I KNOW of...mpi

Casshew said:
Magnum - you need to watch this brief demonstration
Casshew...do you know what plug-in I need to view this? It said "click here to download plug-in, I did, and it said "firefox is checking for available plug-ins, but nothing happens?....mpi

Magnum PI said:
Casshew...do you know what plug-in I need to view this? It said "click here to download plug-in, I did, and it said "firefox is checking for available plug-ins, but nothing happens?....mpi
hmmm... it should come up - try it in internet explorer.

Sorry!

Casshew said:
hmmm... it should come up - try it in internet explorer.

Sorry!
Ok that worked...you're hired!! My cat sat in my lap and watched, he's still there...mpi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back