1146 users online (212 members and 934 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Ed Cavanaugh, 46, El Dorado County, 24 July 2015

Ed Cavanaugh
    [IMG]http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/kgo/images/cms/883179_630x354.jpg]/IMG]
    SEARCH INTENSIFIES FOR MISSING SAN FRANCISCO TEACHER
    The search has intensified for a San Francisco teacher who has been missing since Friday. Ed Cavanaugh, 46, is a popular instructor at Downtown High School, a continuation school in the city.

He's been missing since he parted with a friend while dirt biking.

"Ed is really unique, he's gruff on the outside but there's a marshmallow inside," Principal Ellen Wong said.

Cavanaugh's combination of hard and soft has endeared him to nearly everyone inside classroom 12 and beyond.
    http://abc7news.com/news/search-inte...eacher/883173/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Thanks Los! I was just coming to post this one. I can't figure out exactly what day he went missing, but I hope he's found soon. It's supposed to be extremely hot this week and if he's, for example, injured somewhere I'd sure be worried about dehydration.

Doesn't look like the pic worked so let me give it a try:

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    Thanks Los! I was just coming to post this one. I can't figure out exactly what day he went missing, but I hope he's found soon. It's supposed to be extremely hot this week and if he's, for example, injured somewhere I'd sure be worried about dehydration.

Doesn't look like the pic worked so let me give it a try:

I'm following this one too since he's local to me. His name and face are also really familiar to me for some reason. I hope he's found soon. If he was biking, it's more possible (than if he was hiking, IMO) that he fell and is too injured to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelia View Post
    I'm following this one too since he's local to me. His name and face are also really familiar to me for some reason. I hope he's found soon. If he was biking, it's more possible (than if he was hiking, IMO) that he fell and is too injured to move.
    Local to me, too. I know what you mean. I'm so worried if he IS out there hurt somewhere the heat will not be good - at all.

Not only is dehydration an issue, the article also mentions that he's diabetic. At least he usually carried insulin with him, but how long would that last him? I hope he's found soon!

Well, there's always hope - Dianna Bedwell made it after over a week, wasn't it?

The CA National Guard is using a drone to help find him:

Using an unprecedented search technique, the California National Guard has launched a drone to help look for a missing San Francisco teacher after he was last seen almost two weeks ago while riding a motorcycle in the El Dorado National Forest.
    The drone, formally called a “remotely piloted aircraft,” was set off into the air to look for 45-year-old Edward Cavanaugh Wednesday at the request of the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office and the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services, the National Guard said in a statement.
    http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...319980131.html

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    There are so many dried creek beds and wash outs in the California mountains right now, and most parts are hidden under a canopy of trees. If he hit a bump or crevice wrong and fell down in it, he may not be able to crawl out. They need to hit the trails by bike to see if they can find him.

Did the friend provide the last seen location, and Ed's loose plan of riding? How can we find this location on a map?

From the original posting, here is a pic of him taken the day he went missing (July 24, 2015). He will be hard to spot from the air.
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Unsolved View Post
    The CA National Guard is using a drone to help find him:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...319980131.html
    This article indicates he has a bald head. Not good if he's out in the elements.

He's been missing since he parted with a friend while dirt biking.

Anyone heard from the friend?
    where did they part ways?

No Cell PHONE?

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    No Cell PHONE?
    Sometimes there's no cell service available in certain areas in the mountains. While traveling over the Cascade Mountain range in Washington state, there are many areas without service. It's been a week, I hope they find him soon!!

According to this article, Ed went missing July 17. However, they didn't start searching for him for almost a week, which is sad. Also, I can find nothing new.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...318703881.html

Ed Cavanaugh, 45, is believed to have gone missing July 17. A friend accompanied Cavanaugh to Georgetown, but he took off on his own after lunch, his sister Debbie Cavanaugh Schultz said.

The popular Downtown Continuation High School teacher rents a cabin near the Eldorado National Forest.

Surveillance footage shows Cavanaugh riding a blue Yamaha YZ 250 motorcycle along the Rock Creek trail area around 11 a.m. July 17. He was clad in Fox brand dirt biking clothing and a black helmet.

However, Schultz said there's no sign of him returning and he hasn’t been seen or heard from ever since.

Search-and-rescue teams from El Dorado, Yolo and Stanislaus counties have brought their expertise to the hunt. Teams have combed the sometimes treacherous landscape on motorcycles, quads, and on foot.

But Cavanaugh’s friends, colleagues and students have also contributed to the effort.
    Info about rock creek trail, with a map on the final page.
    http://all-offroad.com/main/wp-conte...georgetown.pdf

http://www.mobilemaplets.com/showplace/10102

Hopeful news:
    http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2015/07/30/...unity-responds
    potential leads turned up by Wednesday’s drone flight — the aircraft was equipped with specialized sensing equipment — were being investigated Thursday by search-and-rescue dog teams.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast