731 users online (66 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UK - Conley Thompson, 7, Barnsley, Yorkshire, 26 July 2015

http://www.heart.co.uk/yorkshire/new...vImgxxyb3VH.97

Police are growing increasingly concerned as to the whereabouts of a 7-year-old boy from Barnsley who has been missing since 8pm on Sunday evening.

Conley Thompson was last seen at Locke park in Barnsley where he had gone to play with his friends at around 6pm.

He is believed to have left the park at around 8pm and was due to return home to Underwood Avenue in Worsbrough, however he never turned up and was reported missing shortly after.

Conley is white and has very short mousey brown coloured hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a blue checked shirt, red shoes, a black coat and brown trousers.

A number of enquiries have already been made in a bid to trace Conley’s location and officers would urge anyone who believes they may have seen him to please call 101 quoting incident number 1148 of 26 July 2015.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Albert Einstein
    :

I was just coming over to post this. Hope he is found soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JerricaBenton View Post
    I was just coming over to post this. Hope he is found soon!

Hate waking up to this,,

Heres a map of Locke Park, Barnsley to his home in Underwood Ave, Worsbrough, Barnsley.. which it says is 2.3 miles apart

map.jpg

Heres a link to a map >>>

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Un...53.5428164!3e1

Hope he's OK.

That's quite a long walk for a little boy on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmau View Post
    Hope he's OK.

That's quite a long walk for a little boy on his own.
    It really is. At that time of evening in the UK summer would it be dark yet?

No, but it's pretty chilly at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
    It really is. At that time of evening in the UK summer would it be dark yet?
    According to this website the sun set at 9:12pm in Barnsley last night http://www.sunrise-and-sunset.com/en...ngdom/barnsley
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmau View Post
    No, but it's pretty chilly at the moment.
    Yeah it is only 14 degrees and raining in Barnsley at the moment. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2656284 Hope the little guy is found safe. It is a long walk for a 7 year old without supervision.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Yeah it is only 14 degrees and raining in Barnsley at the moment. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2656284 Hope the little guy is found safe. It is a long walk for a 7 year old without supervision.
    OT:
    Wow. That's the temperature in our winter In fact our max tomorrow is 17. Our sun never sets that late though. Even in summer with daylight savings. 8.30-ish.

Hope he's called in and stayed with a mate on the way home.

A 7 yr old is walking 2.3 miles home, by himself? That seems like quite a long walk for a young boy. Or is that usual?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    A 7 yr old is walking 2.3 miles home, by himself? That seems like quite a long walk for a young boy. Or is that usual?
    I wouldn't let my 8 year old do it. I've told she has to be at least 10 and have a mobile phone before I'm letting her walk around without an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
    OT:
    Wow. That's the temperature in our winter In fact our max tomorrow is 17. Our sun never sets that late though. Even in summer with daylight savings. 8.30-ish.

Hope he's called in and stayed with a mate on the way home.
    Off topic:

I know it is shocking how low the temperatures are. The weather has been terrible this summer it has been a washout. People have been wearing heavy waterproof jackets here as the weather is awful it's raining much of the time. I feel sorry for the poor tourists from warm climates coming here for their holidays and enduring weather like this.

BBC Look North has reported that 50 officers have been looking for missing Conley overnight.

Also helicopter brought in,,, That deep sickly feeling just wont go this morning :/

No not usual my cousins son is 7 years old and he is not allowed to walk any distance alone. He isn't allowed to leave his street unless accompanied by an adult. It is far too long a walk for a boy of 7 to be walking alone especially so late in the evening. I wonder how often he walked this route and if he got lost at all.

Hopefully the police are checking out any sex offenders in the area too.

I would certainly say no that is not usual

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast