Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SOUND OFF! Say what's on your mind, but do not RESPOND TO what other posters write.

This Space Is For Anyone Who Feels The Need To Sound Off About Hurricane Katrina, The How's, The Who's, The What's.

Please Do Not Use This Thread To Respond To Another Posters Thoughts. This Is Just An Opportunity To Get Those Pent Up Feelings Out. This Is A Good Release. Have Fun.
    Last edited by Beyond Belief; 09-03-2005 at 08:52 PM. Reason: DIRECTIONS NOT CLEAR.............

Do not use this thread to sound off about other posters.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tybee204
    Do not use this thread to sound off about other posters.
    shucks. I had a few things about Cass that I really wanted to get off my chest.

OK. I am pissed. I think more could have been done early on and it wasn't. I don't like to hear of people dying before the tv cameras because of lack of water or food in the USA especially. Where there is great wealth and resources.My heart is broken for so many who have lost their lives that wasn't their fault. Because they were too POOR doesn't cut it with me when this country is so rich. And when they could have dropped water to the expressways where people were gathering. I saw this one WHITE man with swollen feet and eyes and he wasn't medivac either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    shucks. I had a few things about Cass that I really wanted to get off my chest.
    LOL

Please follow the directions and DO NOT RESPOND to another's post. Allow people to speak their hearts and minds.

American's Memories

I sure hope & pray the American People do not forget the response of our government for a very long time.

It is absolutely unforgiveable that it took our government ALMOST 1 WEEK to get in there & help. That Mayor should never had to say the things he did and an SOS should not ever have had to be issued!

If we could impeach Clinton on his sexual behavior, why can't we do something about GWB before its too late! Isn't what he has done worse?

I don't want to offend any of my Websleuths friends, but I needed to get that off my chest!

In My Honest Opinion Only.

Prayers to all the victims of Hurricane Katrina ~ no mind to color, creed or income!

1. It pisses me off that this beautiful, wonderful city is gone.
    2. that I won't be able to eat at Mother's or Cafe du Monde again or see that white alligator they had at the zoo.
    3. that so many people died, lost their homes, possessions, loved ones
    4. that ****s took advantage of the lack of le and hurt other people
    5. that assistance wasn't staged to go in sooner
    6. to hear the race card used....that is racist imo

Quote Originally Posted by Only4Justice
    I sure hope & pray the American People do not forget the response of our government for a very long time.

It is absolutely unforgiveable that it took our government ALMOST 1 WEEK to get in there & help. That Mayor should never had to say the things he did and an SOS should not ever have had to be issued!

If we could impeach Clinton on his sexual behavior, why can't we do something about GWB before its too late! Isn't what he has done worse?

I don't want to offend any of my Websleuths friends, but I needed to get that off my chest!

Prayers to all the victims of Hurricane Katrina ~ no mind to color, creed or income!
    I miss Bill Clinton, I'd take him today with all the Monica's he wanted in exchange for the twit we have now!

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    I'm really mad that I didn't go to Mardi Gras last year like I talked about. Now I may never have the chance.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

Do Not Respond To The Post Of Others. Speak Your Mind, Not Theirs.

Don't Turn This Into A Debate Or Conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    Do Not Respond To The Post Of Others. Speak Your Mind, Not Theirs.

Don't Turn This Into A Debate Or Conversation.
    OK OK!! You sure are bossy!

I am just sickened by the entire thing, everything I have seen makes me sick! TOO MANY things for me to even begn to make my list!

I'll get back to post when there has been some time & distance and I can find the verbage

Let's all just think of ways to help ... and be angry later.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    I miss Bill Clinton, I'd take him today with all the Monica's he wanted in exchange for the twit we have now!
    Thank You, for agreeing with me on that point LOL

I was just reading on another board, and it changed my perspective somewhat (not about GWB).

Alot of people bear responsibility, not for the hurricane of course, but for its aftermath. Why didn't the city, county & state have exacuation plans in place? It wasn't all the responsibility of the federal government....

Did they honestly believe everyone in the entire city of New Orleans could leave on their own? What about the hospital patients, elderly, etc.?

They did have warning the hurricane was coming. If my memory serves me correctly, it was a Level 5 at one point right before hitting the coast!

Prayers to all the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Godspeed to All of You....

I hate this feeling of hopelessness. I want to do MORE than donate money. I want to hold and help and comfort those poor people. Our news here in Utah keeps saying that 1000 refugees are going to come here and we'll take care of them for as long as it takes, but still....it just seems like there's more to do.

And yet, I'm a financially challenged newlywed who cries when she sees pictures of the devastation and gets angry when she thinks about how long its taken for help to arrive.

Ok, I've said my piece. For now.
    Jaybird

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast