WA - Ann Rule dead at 83

Ann was such a talented writer. I bought every book and series. :rose: May Ann rest in eternal peace :rose:

She was the best at writing true crime. Loved reading her books. R.I.P. Ann Rule

Ann Rule changed my life. She turned my beliefs and blind trust upside down and in so doing, she literally rocked my world. What an intelligent, go-getter done woman she was in her prime.
She taught me about serial killers, most notably, Ted Bundy.
She taught me about mothers who kill their children.
Ann taught me about obsessive men who will stalk their exes to death over their child support payments ( and how the women ignored the obsessively bad behavior while dating).

In short, Ann Rule's early books changed my way of thinking that everyone is nice and safe, in a way, and helped me grow up in many important ways that my parents had always sheltered me from knowing.

R.I.P., dear Ann. I always thought you would " be there" for the true crime readers.
I hope the end of your life was safer and happier than I fear it may have been. You deserve every blessing that eternity has.

Ann's books kept me up many long nights when I was younger.
I think she taught us much.
RIP and Godspeed

:crying:

My favorite author. I'm reading one her books now.

Ohhh I'm sorry to hear this !!

Ann Rule changed my thinking about how I tend to view some people... and how lucky my life has been.I'm grateful for her talented writing !! :(
May she rest gently.

RIP Dear Ann- wow- for me... what an icon.

This is a sad day made more sad by the circumstances police say she was in with her children.

Boys... girls, sons, daughters- makes no matter- what matters is they were supposed to love and protect her as she had done for them as young children.

It is so very tragic, any way you look at it.

Ann's books kept me up many long nights when I was younger.
I think she taught us much.
RIP and Godspeed

Same here. I think I've read all of her books and the one that stands out the most for me was Small Sacrifices.
I may have to read it again to see if it still has that impact.

I wonder if she has a secret book hidden that she was writing about her sons???

:( Wow. So very sad. I have loved her books for nearly as long as I can remember.

A couple of years ago, I sent her a book idea based on a murder in one of the cities I grew up in.

She sent a very polite response, thanking me for the idea. Who knows if it was really from Ann or an assistant? But I was still impressed to get a reply.

By all accounts, Ann was good people.

I hope, as smart as she was, she had her affairs in order, so family could not take advantage of her in her last days.. I have been reading her books for so long. I cannot hardly believe it. May she RIP. A truly one of a kind woman.

I always looked so forward to a new Ann Rule book whenever it went on sale! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when I brought a new one home - and spent every waking moment reading it from cover to cover.......no cooking, no cleaning, no interruptions period!!

I'm so sad that Ann has passed but am so very thankful to her for such wonderful and enjoyable hours upon hours of reading pleasure. What a great and impressive lady!

ruth rendell and now ann rule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag