1079 users online (272 members and 807 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MD - Only a handful of hours left to help keep a pedophile behind bars

On Friday, July 30 at 10:30AM, Donald Scott Brunstetter will have his second parole hearing since being convicted of, and subsequently admitting to numerous counts of Assault, Child Abuse, Child Sexual Abuse by a Parent or Custodian, Second, and Third Degree Sex Offenses against a child under the age of 10, and Unnatural or Perverted Practice.

Although his combined sentence for all charges totalled 55 years, the judge on the case decided to suspend a portion of each sentence and to have Mr. Brunstetter serve several sentences concurrently rather than consecutively. When we left the sentencing hearing, he had just 10 years to serve, provided he did not cause additional trouble while incarcerated. (He is credited 1 day for every 2 days he serves, so his fifteen year sentence really amounts to just 10 years.

My daughter still struggles in many areas of her life. She has huge boundary issues, is unable to get and keep gainful employment, in spite of several attempts at college and certificate programs geared toward get her on some sort of career path. Her sentence has ALREADY been 15 years, and there is no end in sight. Why does this man get to walk away from the wreckage he caused (after just 7 years) if he gets paroled, when she can't?

Please take a few minutes to write a letter protesting the early release of this man at the upcoming hearing. If we succeed, it will be his LAST parole hearing before his sentence (reduced to 2/3 of the original 15 years due to credit for "good behavior" while in prison) runs out, and he is released in 2018.

Send your letters by snail-mail, email, or FAX to:
    David Blumberg
    MARYLAND PAROLE COMMISSION
    6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 307,
    Baltimore, MD 21215 - 2341

e-mail: dblumberg@dpscs.state.md.us

FAX: 410.764.4433
    WE DID IT! Convicted pedophile Donald Scott Brunstetter (details in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...ht-on-Children) will remain behind bars for the duration of his sentence. Thanks to WS members, and Tricia's True Crime Radio listeners, at least 100 letters were received by the Parole Board prior to his July 30th, 2015 Parole Hearing, opposing his release, and they listened.
    Visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case.

My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    This is it everyone.

If you have not sent your letter to help keep pedophile Donald Brunstetter behind bars you have only a handful of hours left to do so.

This is your chance to actually have a hand in making sure this monster is kept where he belongs!

From Lisa B

"Please take a few minutes to write a letter protesting the early release of this man at the upcoming hearing. If we succeed, it will be his LAST parole hearing before his sentence (reduced to 2/3 of the original 15 years due to credit for "good behavior" while in prison) runs out, and he is released in 2018.

David Blumberg

FAX: 410.764.4433"
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Email sent. Please keep us posted as to the results of the hearing. And I am so very sorry for what your daughter has been through, as well as yourself. Hugs to you both.
    This too shall pass

Emailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    This is it everyone.

If you have not sent your letter to help keep pedophile Donald Brunstetter behind bars you have only a handful of hours left to do so.

This is your chance to actually have a hand in making sure this monster is kept where he belongs!

From Lisa B

"Please take a few minutes to write a letter protesting the early release of this man at the upcoming hearing. If we succeed, it will be his LAST parole hearing before his sentence (reduced to 2/3 of the original 15 years due to credit for "good behavior" while in prison) runs out, and he is released in 2018.

David Blumberg

FAX: 410.764.4433"
    I truly hope this helps.

My Step Daughter was abducted in 1985 at age 11. She returned to us when she escaped at 18. The incident destroyed her life and that of everyone that loves her.

My question before signing is do I just sign it or include her story as well.

Much Thanks
    Lil'e
    “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Email sent! Does it matter if we are not from the same state?
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

tamijt4 is offline Verified Family Member in Skip Tillman Case
    I hope mine reaches them in time and makes some sort of difference. I am so sorry that this is even an option in this day and age. To her mother, You being there for your daughter has to mean the world to her. Some are not so blessed. Please hug her and tell her it's from Tami who lives every day hoping to spare even 1 person from one moment of my hell. It keeps me going and gives me purpose. I have yet to understand "why me" but I make sure I do anything in my power to stop someone else from wondering with me. You are loved and you are not alone.

Praying for good news tomorrow.

I am very impressed with the Maryland Parole Commission's timely responses. I emailed Mr. Blumberg on Sunday early afternoon, and received his response same night and response from Ms. Ogle on Monday.

Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2015 8:48 PM
    Subject: Re: Deny parole to Donald Scott Brunstetter, Inmate #352456

Thanks for the letter. Ms. Ogle will explain the process for you.
    Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015

Your e-mail will be placed in Mr. Bruntetter’s file for consideration at his upcoming parole hearing. The Parole Commission appreciates the interest you have taken in this case.

Sincerely;
    Ruth Ann Ogle, Program Manager (Hearings)
    (((hugs)))
    Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody. -- Agatha Christie

I sent the email. Thanks for replying Tami. I too hope this petition helps to keep this monster behind bars.
    “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'E View Post
    My Step Daughter was abducted in 1985 at age 11. She returned to us when she escaped at 18. The incident destroyed her life and that of everyone that loves her.

My question before signing is do I just sign it or include her story as well.

Much Thanks
    Lil'e
    If you want to include your story, that would be helpful. If you prefer not to, that is okay too!
    WE DID IT! Convicted pedophile Donald Scott Brunstetter (details in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...ht-on-Children) will remain behind bars for the duration of his sentence. Thanks to WS members, and Tricia's True Crime Radio listeners, at least 100 letters were received by the Parole Board prior to his July 30th, 2015 Parole Hearing, opposing his release, and they listened.

My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
    Email sent! Does it matter if we are not from the same state?
    It doesn't matter WHO you are, or WHERE you are. This is about telling the parole board something they may not know. That is to say, pedophiles reoffend. The only reason he has not had a new victim in 7 years is that he has been locked up. He is a pathological liar, and THAT is what MY statement will be about.

I want them to see that he lied to me before we got married, about finances and his mental health and disciplinary background, after we were married, about his mother's failing health, specifically that she had Alzheimer's, and then about his having fallen off a ladder soon after we met (which got him a bottomless bottle of oxycodone and a great excuse for not working/bringing in any money).

He lied about having been married before, he lied about the circumstances of his 7 year old son's conception and birth. For reasons I don't know, his parental rights were terminated to his oldest (known) son, after a CPS investigation I have no details about.

He lied in court (over an "obstruction of justice" charge), telling the judge he was newly married (true) and that he had just learned we were expecting a child together (we were NOT. My tubes had been tied for 8 years by then, and he knew it). He told the judge he was working as a leasing agent to avoid incarceration, then turned around and filed disability a year later saying he had not been employed in over two years.

He lied to me about illegal drug use (it was either crack or meth, but I don't know the difference) and about other women.

He used to put the dog food in the bottom tray of the shopping cart to avoid paying (my daughter told me later), and would lie about supposed "defects" in everything from purchased goods to noisy hotel rooms to get discounts and/or refunds.

After we split, and I learned what he had done to Lauren, he lied to CPS and said she made it up. He lied to his mom and to his lawyers as well. The detective that went to his place of employment to interview him was told several times that "Donnie is off today", and it later turned out that he was TALKING to Donnie, who was lying about not being there (obviously). When charged, he pled "Not Guilty" and refused plea deals.

He had his attorneys probe my daughter's online accounts (she was 15 by then, and of course the things she posted were "emo" song lyrics and creepy photos) gathering information which was used to make her look bad in court.

He was ultimately found guilty, but then called in 3 "character witnesses" who had never been to a moment of the trial, so they had heard no testimony at all regarding the accusations. One was a stripper, who I had NEVER MET (and therefore useless as far as telling the court anything about how he acted with my daughter), a man who lied and claimed he was his father (a prominent businessman) because he has the same name (but is a Junior), and his mom, who swore her son was a "good man" and that she could not understand why we would lie about this when she had always thought we were so nice.

He appealed the conviction, but 6 months later, wrote to the judge to admit he had LIED, and that he was factually guilty. Of course, his light sentence could not be extended by that point, and his 55 year sentence boiled down to 10 or less.

At his last parole hearing, when asked where he planned to live if released, he said he could not stay with his mom as she had... Alzheimer's. I actually BELIEVED it, (she is getting older) until I saw photos on her retirement community's website of her enjoying trips overseas, and noticed that she also served on several boards and committees. I don't know why I had forgotten he told ME the same thing when we met. I sent a letter to her and got a call from an intermediate party who reassured me that she is in very good health. No Alzheimer's.

When asked about his "confession" he was quick to correct the "mis-impression" that he'd molested Lauren "hundreds of times" insisting it was really "only" 25 or 30 times.

He said that, if released, he would like to volunteer his time working with the elderly or animals. First of all, he needs a PAYING JOB, not VOLUNTEER WORK, and it should NOT be with children, animals, or the elderly, as they are more vulnerable than other demographics. He is a scam artist and a con man, and my hope is to convince the board that his assurances that he is reformed are just more lies.

tamijt4 is offline Verified Family Member in Skip Tillman Case
    Thought I would let someone know I was able to get mine in just in time it seems. I hope it helps.
    Dear Ms. Tillman:

Your e-mail regarding Mr. Brunstetter will be placed in his file for consideration at his upcoming parole hearing. The Parole Commission appreciates the interest you have taken in this case.

Sincerely;

Ruth Ann Ogle, Program Manager (Hearings)

This is what I included in mine, I wish I would have included some statistics, it's quite vague:

Hi,

I don't live in your city or state but I came across the story of what this man did online, and all I can ask, as a mother of a two year old daughter, that you don't let this man get out early.

His sentence is already too short. Once he walks free not only can he commit these acts again, he will be able to live a normal life, something his victim will never have the chance at. She will carry the weight of what happened to her with a special sort of pain that will last a lifetime.

Please uphold his sentence and make him serve his time for the awful acts of child abuse he committed.

Thank you, from a concerned citizen and mother,
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

Sent. I have every hope that this will help. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sent letter to Mr. Blumberg. Included link to the following: http://wgntv.com/2015/07/23/convicte...se-in-indiana/
    Where is Shawn Hale? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7546/0/ Missing from Apple Valley CA since 11/04/1994

Where is Michelle Crawford? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14428/0/ Missing from Lawton, OK since 06/08/1999

Where is Jennifer Lee Schmidt? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4822/0/ (Missing From West Lafayette IN(Purdue University) since 08/06/85.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast