Resolved KY - Human Skull Found in Franklin County KY * Ancient *

TedMac

Reaction score
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/...-County-farm-318162991.html?device=tablet&c=y

FRANKFORT, Ky. (WKYT) - The Franklin County Coroner is investigating after a human skull was found on a farm.

On Tuesday, a farm worker discovered the skull in a sinkhole on Jones Lane, just outside of Frankfort.

Officials have confirmed it is a human skull that was lodged about 12 feet deep into the sinkhole.

Franklin County Sheriff Pat Melton says the sinkhole is about 20 feet deep and has a stream running underneath it. He says crews are working to remove the skull.

"We've got an excavator we are going to start excavating to get down to where the skull is and we are working case as if it is a homicide scene," Melton said.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/...-County-farm-318162991.html?device=tablet&c=y

FRANKFORT, Ky. (WKYT) - The Franklin County Coroner is investigating after a human skull was found on a farm.

On Tuesday, a farm worker discovered the skull in a sinkhole on Jones Lane, just outside of Frankfort.

Officials have confirmed it is a human skull that was lodged about 12 feet deep into the sinkhole.

Franklin County Sheriff Pat Melton says the sinkhole is about 20 feet deep and has a stream running underneath it. He says crews are working to remove the skull.

"We've got an excavator we are going to start excavating to get down to where the skull is and we are working case as if it is a homicide scene," Melton said.

Ok this is the story that broke the 22nd. I thought there was a thread, but apparently not. Thanks Ted!

Could one of the moderators move this to "Identified?" Or mark it as historical remains or something?

I know it hasn't truly been identified, but it's not a (modern) crime victim. This individual was dead long before Christopher Columbus "discovered" North America, so I doubt that any ID could be made for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back