1011 users online (237 members and 774 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - William Liebenberg, 60, Lions Bay, BC, 25 July 2015

William Liebenberg

B.C. ‘mystery': Six-year-old dead, father still missing, and searchers puzzled about why boat was abandoned
    Some time and for some reason after leaving Lions Bay for the seven-kilometre trip to Gambier Island, William Liebenberg and his daughter Maddie left their boat before reaching their destination, the family cottage on the island.

Maddie’s tiny body was spotted in the water of Howe Sound several hours later on Saturday night by helicopter pilots wearing night-vision goggles.

The search, which included two hovercraft, three search-and-rescue boats and the helicopter, continued for nearly another 24 hours without finding Liebenberg, 60, a popular North Vancouver dentist who was still missing Monday night.
    Last edited by los2188; 07-28-2015 at 11:02 PM.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Oh my goodness. Perhaps she fell over and he dove in after her. I'm surprised it took so long for someone to report the boat drifting. It's a fairly busy location especially during the summer.

ETA I'm pretty sure BC Ferries goes by there several times a day enroute to Vancouver Island. Strange they didn't notice the boat there. Sorry misinformation. Ferry routes to Van Island are farther south as is the route to the Sunshine Coast.
    Last edited by kileyray; 07-29-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Additional info

William LIEBENBERG

RIP William & Maddy.