1090 users online (225 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

Madyson Middleton
    link

9-Year-Old Santa Cruz Girl Goes Missing

Police are asking for help locating a missing 9-year-old girl from Santa Cruz Sunday night, police said.

Madison Middleton was last seen at about 4 p.m. at 1030 River St.

Maddy has blue eyes and was wearing a purple knee high dress with black leggings and a helmet, the dispatcher said.
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...-goes-missing/
    Police Say Girl’s Body Found In Santa Cruz Dumpster Is Likely Missing 8-Year-Old; Teen Neighbor Arrested
    July 27, 2015 8:24 PM

[...]
    “At 7:55 p.m., detectives discovered the body of a young female in a dumpster. We believe that she is probably Madyson Middleton,” Santa Cruz Police Chief Kevin Vogel said during a press conference.

Santa Cruz boy lured Madyson Middleton into his apartment, police chief says
    UPDATED 5:46 PM PDT Jul 28, 2015

[...]
    Police arrested a 15-year-old boy. "He was arrested for the murder of Madyson," Vogel said.
    The boy and Madyson knew each other, because they were neighbors who lived in the same building at the Tannery Arts Center complex.

Thread #1
    Last edited by bessie; 07-29-2015 at 01:11 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Thanks for the new thread. Maybe a fresh perspective.

MOO
    All New Members and Guests
    To Websleuths!

A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information . . . And Also - WS Lingo

Just marking my spot. This sweet little girl brought me out of we sleuth hiatus.

Websleuths Terms of Service

Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult.

Rules: Etiquette and Information

Social Networks

[...]
    We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Still trying to wrap my brain around the idea that she was in that dumpster the entire time.

Thank you for the fresh thread, Bessie. Hopefully we will have some more info or some official charges tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IBsleuthin View Post
    Still trying to wrap my brain around the idea that she was in that dumpster the entire time.
    Must admit I'm really surprised that wasn't searched early on. I can understand something being missed but in a dumpster (or whatever it was) that was RIGHT THERE? Hard to believe.

I know. I hate seeing that photo of her mother standing so close by during the search.

I'm Praying for the parents of Madyson. I can't even imagine. Just so so awful. Then he says he wanted to see how people would react?! What in the world!!!?? I sure hope he's tried as an adult. How people would react!!???

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    Must admit I'm really surprised that wasn't searched early on. I can understand something being missed but in a dumpster (or whatever it was) that was RIGHT THERE? Hard to believe.
    I assume they were looking for a lost child not a body initially. But, yes, you would think they would have searched every square inch that the public had access to. I'm so thankful she was found before trash day.

A lot of new information has come to light in such a short amount of time and the forum is moving very fast. I'm so thankful this case was solved so quickly and the murderer is in custody. My heart breaks for Maddy's loved ones, what a nightmare. It's every parents worst nightmare.

Unfortunately I think what may have happened in this case is this 15 year old was known to likely everyone in the complex and he befriended all the kids, earned their trust over the five or six years he has lived there and sadly too many people (parents) let their guards down figuring he could be trusted because it sounds like up until this point, no one had reason not to trust him. I hope he had no other sexual assault victims. I hope no one trusted him to care for their children.

As parents we must continually talk and repeat ourselves to our children about stranger danger, who they can trust and who they shouldn't. Sadly it seems there aren't many people who we can trust any more. Come a certain age children will try and convince their parents they know everything about potential dangers, but keep talking. Maddy obviously had no fear of going with her murderer and for all we know, perhaps her parents did warn her about him and/or older boys, but for whatever reason she let down her guard and trusted him. Keep talking to our children, that's all we can do. And listen when they talk. MOO.

Rest in peace sweet, innocent, Maddy. Heaven has gained another beautiful little girl.
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post

I kinda get it, though. Running around trying to look everywhere (including probably the Boardwalk) to find a mobile kid on a scooter...now if the scooter was laying in the bushes somewhere....maybe they would start thinking the worst, and look in dumpsters more thoroughly. I think they were just looking for a lost kid at first. jmo.

My question is: did they find her the same night she went missing or 24 hours later?? (forgive me-I cant remember, having huge puter issues right now.)

Has the color of the recycling dumpster been resolved? Just checking if it's safe to come back....
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by justwannahelp View Post
    I'm Praying for the parents of Madyson. I can't even imagine. Just so so awful. Then he says he wanted to see how people would react?! What in the world!!!?? I sure hope he's tried as an adult. How people would react!!???
    I can't imagine how much pain her family and that community is in right now. Sending up prayers of peace and healing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post
    I assume they were looking for a lost child not a body initially. But, yes, you would think they would have searched every square inch that the public had access to. I'm so thankful she was found before trash day.

Very good points... they were probably looking for an alive child. But sheesh even then wouldn't you check a dumpster? I mean kids have been known to get trapped in those, or abandoned refrigerators, etc. (not criticizing you or even the search, I just still can't believe it wasn't checked sooner). Thank goodness she was found before it was picked up.

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast