Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
madysonmiddleton.jpg

Madyson Middleton
link

9-Year-Old Santa Cruz Girl Goes Missing

Police are asking for help locating a missing 9-year-old girl from Santa Cruz Sunday night, police said.

Madison Middleton was last seen at about 4 p.m. at 1030 River St.

Maddy has blue eyes and was wearing a purple knee high dress with black leggings and a helmet, the dispatcher said.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/07/26/9-year-old-santa-cruz-girl-goes-missing/
Police Say Girl’s Body Found In Santa Cruz Dumpster Is Likely Missing 8-Year-Old; Teen Neighbor Arrested
July 27, 2015 8:24 PM

[...]
“At 7:55 p.m., detectives discovered the body of a young female in a dumpster. We believe that she is probably Madyson Middleton,” Santa Cruz Police Chief Kevin Vogel said during a press conference.

Santa Cruz boy lured Madyson Middleton into his apartment, police chief says
UPDATED 5:46 PM PDT Jul 28, 2015

[...]
Police arrested a 15-year-old boy. "He was arrested for the murder of Madyson," Vogel said.
The boy and Madyson knew each other, because they were neighbors who lived in the same building at the Tannery Arts Center complex.

Thread #1

Thanks for the new thread. Maybe a fresh perspective.

MOO

Just marking my spot. This sweet little girl brought me out of we sleuth hiatus.

Websleuths Terms of Service

Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult.

Rules: Etiquette and Information

Social Networks

[...]
We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Still trying to wrap my brain around the idea that she was in that dumpster the entire time.

Thank you for the fresh thread, Bessie. Hopefully we will have some more info or some official charges tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still trying to wrap my brain around the idea that she was in that dumpster the entire time.

Must admit I'm really surprised that wasn't searched early on. I can understand something being missed but in a dumpster (or whatever it was) that was RIGHT THERE? Hard to believe.

I know. I hate seeing that photo of her mother standing so close by during the search.

I'm Praying for the parents of Madyson. I can't even imagine. Just so so awful. Then he says he wanted to see how people would react?! What in the world!!!?? I sure hope he's tried as an adult. How people would react!!???

Must admit I'm really surprised that wasn't searched early on. I can understand something being missed but in a dumpster (or whatever it was) that was RIGHT THERE? Hard to believe.

I assume they were looking for a lost child not a body initially. But, yes, you would think they would have searched every square inch that the public had access to. I'm so thankful she was found before trash day.

A lot of new information has come to light in such a short amount of time and the forum is moving very fast. I'm so thankful this case was solved so quickly and the murderer is in custody. My heart breaks for Maddy's loved ones, what a nightmare. It's every parents worst nightmare.

Unfortunately I think what may have happened in this case is this 15 year old was known to likely everyone in the complex and he befriended all the kids, earned their trust over the five or six years he has lived there and sadly too many people (parents) let their guards down figuring he could be trusted because it sounds like up until this point, no one had reason not to trust him. I hope he had no other sexual assault victims. I hope no one trusted him to care for their children.

As parents we must continually talk and repeat ourselves to our children about stranger danger, who they can trust and who they shouldn't. Sadly it seems there aren't many people who we can trust any more. Come a certain age children will try and convince their parents they know everything about potential dangers, but keep talking. Maddy obviously had no fear of going with her murderer and for all we know, perhaps her parents did warn her about him and/or older boys, but for whatever reason she let down her guard and trusted him. Keep talking to our children, that's all we can do. And listen when they talk. MOO.

Rest in peace sweet, innocent, Maddy. Heaven has gained another beautiful little girl.

I kinda get it, though. Running around trying to look everywhere (including probably the Boardwalk) to find a mobile kid on a scooter...now if the scooter was laying in the bushes somewhere....maybe they would start thinking the worst, and look in dumpsters more thoroughly. I think they were just looking for a lost kid at first. jmo.

My question is: did they find her the same night she went missing or 24 hours later?? (forgive me-I cant remember, having huge puter issues right now.)

Has the color of the recycling dumpster been resolved? Just checking if it's safe to come back....

I'm Praying for the parents of Madyson. I can't even imagine. Just so so awful. Then he says he wanted to see how people would react?! What in the world!!!?? I sure hope he's tried as an adult. How people would react!!???

I can't imagine how much pain her family and that community is in right now. Sending up prayers of peace and healing right now.

I assume they were looking for a lost child not a body initially. But, yes, you would think they would have searched every square inch that the public had access to. I'm so thankful she was found before trash day.

Very good points... they were probably looking for an alive child. But sheesh even then wouldn't you check a dumpster? I mean kids have been known to get trapped in those, or abandoned refrigerators, etc. (not criticizing you or even the search, I just still can't believe it wasn't checked sooner). Thank goodness she was found before it was picked up.

Last night I happened to click on a link that had a live news feed from a local station. It showed footage they had recorded earlier that showed police quickly running towards the area where her body was found and somewhat frantically putting up crime scene tape. I think they were yelling at people to get back. Did anyone else happen to see this? It's driving me crazy that I can't find it.

Also, I was looking at a photo and wondering if the building in the background is where her body was? Or is that a different building? If it's the same, it looks like they haven't put up crime scene tape or pushed anyone back yet.

Photo is here...(I don't know how to embed it.) Down about half way...the photo where the suspect is blurred out and some onlookers seem a bit shocked...

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...pster-15-Year-Old-Boy-Arrested-318858701.html

Did he strangle Maddy with a yoyo / use the yoyo as a garrote?

Timeline: Maddy Middleton murder investigation
By Aaron Pero Published: July 28, 2015, 4:45 pm Updated: July 28, 2015, 5:12 pm
KRON-4

Cops: Neighbor "lured" slain Calif. girl to his apartment
By Erin Donaghue CBS/AP July 28, 2015, 3:21 PM

[...]
Police believe the boy, who she knew as an acquaintance, killed her while they were alone in the apartment and then tried to conceal her body in the bin.

"She went there of her own volition as far as we can tell - she knew him. She was 8 years old. I think she had a reasonable amount of trust in him," Vogel said. "We don't believe she was taken there against her will."

[...
Vogel said the teen boy was taken into custody "almost immediately" because he was in the same area where the girl's body was found, possibly watching teams search. The teen's apartment is upstairs from the bin where the girl's body was found, Vogel said, and investigators believe the body was carried to the bin.

The boy was questioned extensively and later arrested on suspicion of homicide.

Cops: Teen held in Santa Cruz girl’s death lured her to apartment
Henry K. Lee | on July 28, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads