780 users online (87 members and 693 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 1m1 minute ago Denver, CO
    Jurors now watching pre-recorded video testimony of Martin Barrett, a former neighbor of JH. #theatershooting

Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    Yes he was definitely given the option to retake the exam. His professor said he was sure he would pass if he did. He had already decided what he was going to do. Nothing was going to stop him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Drivel....one definition..." childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking; nonsense; twaddle. " that is what these "mitigation" witnesses have been so far except for the family...I think the mother could make a real difference but this taped stuff is just a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by turaj View Post
    Drivel....one definition..." childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking; nonsense; twaddle. " that is what these "mitigation" witnesses have been so far except for the family...I think the mother could make a real difference but this taped stuff is just a waste of time.
    I wonder if those killer's that suffered DP in the past had their whole life presented in mitigation From cradle to grave plus testifying just how wonderful their parents were...SMH You know folks like John Wayne Gacey, or Oklahoma bomber and so on. Point is..all adult males start out fairly normal..But it's the adult male and their deeds that need to be adjudicated when weighing mitigation and aggravators!!

Hi Friends & Neighbors! Just getting here. We've been on the road for 3 hours -- home from the coast. Now hearing the replay of the neighbors, etc., who knew them growing up, etc. All praise & wonderfulness. Awaiting Mom. Bless her heart -- I think she carried the entire load of it all & has since JH was born. Women are amazingly strong when they have to be... And this mom had a big load to carry, IMO. Her testimony could make a big difference. IMO, she needs to hold nothing back. We'll see...

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by LyndyLoo View Post
    croakerqueen123 ‏@croakerqueen 2m2 minutes ago
    #theatershooting #theatertrial - Day 57 - Part 1: http://youtu.be/G7EjbzcsJXw?a

https://youtu.be/G7EjbzcsJXw
    I just watched back and Huerfana was correct. Mr Holmes was talking to his son when the attorneys were at the bench conference. And the shooter was responding. I wonder what he was saying. He looked like he was pointing to his trousers of all things!

I wonder if these mitigation witnesses would still stand up for the shooter if they had watched every day of the trial. They clearly believe mental illness caused this and they feel sympathy for the shooter. I came to this trial with an open mind and I do not believe MI caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by LyndyLoo View Post
    I wonder if those killer's that suffered DP in the past had their whole life presented in mitigation From cradle to grave plus testifying just how wonderful their parents were...SMH You know folks like John Wayne Gacey, or Oklahoma bomber and so on. Point is..all adult males start out fairly normal..But it's the adult male and their deeds that need to be adjudicated when weighing mitigation and aggravators!!
    yes, that's just what we've been talking about since they started this phase! All this childhood stuff is more of sentencing testimony rather than mitigation. Sentencing phase in trials I have seen have brought in all the baby photos & such that we are hearing now. It's very strange.

Mitigation witnesses are usually just 5 or 6 strong people who would try to outweigh the aggravators. Dr. Metzer, who they did bring back, the parents & sister would have done well in this phase. But neighbors, who are testifying about his parents, who barely knew the gunman & 2nd grade teachers? They are more for sentencing. IMO

If it goes to the sentencing phase, will they again bring back all these people? Who else will appeal to the jury to not give the gunman the DP? Defense is playing a strange strategy IMO.

It's a bit boring watching these videos again after seeing them last Friday. I wonder how may there are to go.

someone please sound an alert when the mother comes on....I will probably miss it because I can't listen to these tapes.

judging from the sounds of coughing etc. coming from the jury area they better keep this moving....they are dropping like flies.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 1m1 minute ago Longmont, CO
    Next pre-recorded video -- the last one, Brady says -- is from Joseph Barrett. #theatershooting

Heads up..final taped testimony

someone please sound an alert when the mother comes on....I will probably miss it because I can't listen to these tapes.
    How can we "sound an alert"?
    IMO

Would you like a PM? ProbABLY after lunch.
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

just said about the "alert" in a joking manner....ie too boring these tapes and no added value...I don't care that Jimmy trick or treated or was a good sport.

just said about the "alert" in a joking manner....ie too boring these tapes and no added value...I don't care that Jimmy trick or treated or was a good sport.
    Oh! Ok...lol...thought I missed a new trick at WS!
    IMO

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast