OH - Samuel Dubose, 43, killed by Cincinnati LE during traffic stop, 19 July 2015

KateB

Reaction score
635737868446032286-072915samdubose-mug.jpg

Samuel DuBose, 43, of Cincinnati died July 19 during a University of Cincinnati police traffic stop. (Photo: Hamilton County (Ohio) Sheriff's Office)

University cop indicted for murder in shooting of motorist Samuel DuBose
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/us/ohio-sam-dubose-tensing-indictment/
(CNN)University of Cincinnati Police Officer Ray Tensing was indicted Wednesday on a murder charge in the shooting death of Samuel DuBose.

If convicted, Tensing could go to prison for life, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said in a news conference. Deters played body camera footage of the traffic stop shooting that appeared to contradict Tensing's version of what happened.

"I've been doing this for over 30 years. This is the most asinine act I've ever seen a police officer make -- totally unwarranted," said Deters. "It's an absolute tragedy in the year 2015 that anyone would behave in this manner. It was senseless."

Body cam video: Fatal shooting of Sam DuBose - VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED
http://www.wlwt.com/news/body-cam-v...sam-dubose-viewer-discretion-advised/34422368

The Shooting of Samuel Dubose
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/30/opinion/charles-blow-the-shooting-of-samuel-dubose.html

'Absolutely unwarranted,' lawyer says of cop's indictment
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-motorist-killed-university-officer/30830297/

Sad. :(

Sad, also, that I am no longer shocked.

Arraignment/bond at 10am. I think Fox19Now will have live stream. NOT SURE!!! JMO

JMO It is refreshing to see that a case CAN be handled expeditiously. So far, I applaud the process and cooperation. It will be interesting to see how the defense will go forward. My guess is that there will be a plea deal JMO

smh

I wish I could say, "Unbelievable!" that a LEO would do something like this. But sadly I can totally believe it. I'm not shocked by this and haven't been for quite some time.

I can't express the anger I feel when this happens. IMO, it is happening far too frequently.

My heart hurts for this man's family. I cannot imagine what they must be feeling. It just isn't right. It doesn't make sense. I do take a little comfort that this LEO is being charged with murder ..as he should.

To read that this unarmed man was pulled over because his front license plate was missing and a LEO shot him in the head and killed him it's ...hard for me to wrap my head around it..

MOO, JMO, IMHO, the above is only my opinion, yours may vary, but I respect all view points the same.

Don't y'all find it very, very creepy that the police officer wrote a report saying that this man 'dragged him with his car' for about a block, super duper sick? And I read that ON TOP OF IT, the two other officers who were present ALSO wrote that lie in their reports !! Why are those 2 not charged (goes without saying, FIRED AS POLICE OFFICERS RIGHT EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY !).

No wonder the sorrowful county attorney/prosecutor said of the killer (shot the man IN THE HEAD ! omg !!), "This man never should have become a police officer."

In the video I saw of the 'bodycam'', one part that did NOT seem clear to me, tho', was this: Did the now-dead man make any sort of move that made the cop feel like either the man was reaching for a gun, or otherwise had a gun and was about to use it, or did the man 'pull' at the cop so that the cop felt like the man was trying to reach for the cop's gun?

I also noted that in the bodycam video, the cop sure did seem to have 'an attitude': The cop was all, 'Don't you try to think you can deceive me', 'I'm so much smarter than you', 'Don't you insult my ('brilliant', 'vast') intelligence':thinking: , 'I wasn't born yesterday (old man)', 'I've heard it all':thinking: ,'Quit trying to play me (you p.o.trash - imo) , 'I AM The Law:thinking: .... blah, blah, blah - - IMO this was BLM F.E.S. (Big-Little-Man Fat Ego Syndrome).

Poor cop, tho', kinda I feel - too bad he couldn't have been a mall security guard instead, trained & mentored by Paul Blart (you know... Mall Cop, I and II -- luv that guy.......)

Very sad. I don't understand why campus police are doing off-campus traffic patrolling. However, I read that University of Cincinnati just changed its policy today and will only be conducting on-campus traffic stops. Apparently Tensing was quite some distance from the university. (Sorry can't find the link)

This case reminds me of Cameron Redus who was shot at his off-campus apartment by a campus cop.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ge-student-shot-dead-by-campus-police-officer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-called-pathetic-accused-sexual-assault.html

I wondered the same thing. From the UC website:

University of Cincinnati Police

The UC Police Department (UCPD) is a fully empowered law enforcement agency that operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. All police officers are certified by the state of Ohio and have full police authority. The department currently employs 72 police officers and 26 security officers.

UCPD works closely with the Cincinnati Police Department (CPD) to prevent crime within and around the campus community. Together, UCPD and CPD have partnered with UC's Institute of Crime Science to utilize real-time data to proactively develop strategies to keep our campus and community safe.

UC Police is organized into four main sections:

Patrol
Investigations
Community Engagement
911 communications (dispatch).

Patrol beats are separated into three areas on UC's main campus - Uptown, East and West. Additional patrols work with Cincinnati Police to cover neighborhoods surrounding UC's main campus. UCPD also serves UC's Blue Ash and Clermont campuses.

https://www.uc.edu/publicsafety/about/police.html

I started reading about this case today, after finding out about it through a post in the Sandra Bland thread.

I am not shocked that this is happened, I am shocked at the seconds it took for this to happen. "Trigger happy" is a used up expression, but it fits quite well.

Everyone should stand up against this cruel behaviour that seems to affect in large part, only the AA part of the population.

Anybody know why this cop didn't have a dash cam? The body cam footage was obviously crucial in this situation, but it's hard to tell what's going on at some points because it's so close up. I feel like a dash cam/body cam combination is necessary to get the whole picture.

Either way, this guy should never have been a cop with an attitude like that and shooting that man was not even remotely necessary. Thoughts and prayers to the victim's family.

Very sad. I don't understand why campus police are doing off-campus traffic patrolling. However, I read that University of Cincinnati just changed its policy today and will only be conducting on-campus traffic stops. Apparently Tensing was quite some distance from the university. (Sorry can't find the link)

This case reminds me of Cameron Redus who was shot at his off-campus apartment by a campus cop.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ge-student-shot-dead-by-campus-police-officer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-called-pathetic-accused-sexual-assault.html

I am not sure why they were doing off-campus traffic patrolling either.

Anybody know why this cop didn't have a dash cam? The body cam footage was obviously crucial in this situation, but it's hard to tell what's going on at some points because it's so close up. I feel like a dash cam/body cam combination is necessary to get the whole picture.

Either way, this guy should never have been a cop with an attitude like that and shooting that man was not even remotely necessary. Thoughts and prayers to the victim's family.

I also found it hard to figure out what exactly is going on in the video. It does appear to me the car started driving away before SD was shot, although it doesn't look like the cop was dragged by it. Rather he was running alongside it.

I started reading about this case today, after finding out about it through a post in the Sandra Bland thread.

I am not shocked that this is happened, I am shocked at the seconds it took for this to happen. "Trigger happy" is a used up expression, but it fits quite well.

Everyone should stand up against this cruel behaviour that seems to affect in large part, only the AA part of the population.

I am as white as it's possible to be & elderly as well. I have encountered quite a few LE over the years. No, I'm not a criminal but I do have a led foot & have earned my share of traffic tickets. My encounters have ranged from the most courteous cops to the most bullying, belligerent, & hateful humans on earth. When you have a cop who is overly impressed with his authority you have a problem. Something tells me that this cop with an attitude would have eventually killed someone no matter their color. Admittedly AA people sometimes are more prone to police violence, but sometimes it just gets more publicity. Regardless of color no cop should shoot & kill an innocent person.

I also found it hard to figure out what exactly is going on in the video. It does appear to me the car started driving away before SD was shot, although it doesn't look like the cop was dragged by it. Rather he was running alongside it.

I watched one clip this morning where theyhad filtered out the sounds. Can't find it now, but the conclusion was that the motor started after the bullet(s). After the bullet(s) he fell forward making his foot hit the gas and car to roll.

It all happens so quick, I didn't see that myself - but with the filtering it seems like that is the order in which things happened.

I'm a bit fuzzy about the timing too. The car had to be in drive to accelerate, and at least neutral to roll. Did anyone see him turn on the ignition, or was the car idling during the interaction? Initially I thought that the car started moving AFTER he was shot and dead. Now I'm not sure. But what I think I see and hear, is RT telling him to undo his seatbelt, and as he reaches to do so, he is shot. ????? JMO.........and....I am thinking that the car moved of it's own volition, as the driver was dead. ? JMO

Sorry to be cynical, but this is what happens when bullying by police (a very small minority) is defended by the general public, some of them (the tiny minority)think they can literally get away with murder, and I re-iterate, I am supportive of the police in general.

I haven't been able to watch the video and I don't think I can.

This has just been on our news (UK). Absolutely horrible. I'm not totally clear what a 'campus/university cop' is - are they part of the police? Or are they security for a university only? Seems like this nasty individual had an overinflated sense of his own importance. [emoji17]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back