FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Mystery as doctor is killed in her Florida home while her husband and children were out of town
June 30, 2015

2A1EBF8900000578-3145106-image-m-95_1435697380274.jpg

2A1EBF8500000578-3145106-image-a-96_1435697393790.jpg

Teresa Sievers, 46, was found dead in her Bonita Springs home on Monday after staff at her Estero office became concerned that she didn't show up to work, despite having scheduled appointments.
Sievers had been in Connecticut with her husband, Mark Sievers, their children and sister Anna Lisa prior to her death, but flew home alone on Sunday.

Rules, Etiquette & Information

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3

In video still of LE examining the garage ped door, it looks to be damaged by the lock/latch/knob by prying, I think.

I've been torn between he (or she) brought the hammer, used it to break into the garage pedestrian door from the yard (was the gate to the yard locked?) and from the garage, broke into the house. (was that access door locked?) Killer surprised TS, used what was already in his hand.

or

Broke into the garage pedestrian door using another tool (prybar?), saw the hammer handy in the garage, continued into the home.

Did s/he rummage through garage looking for hammer, or was it in plain sight.

Did h/she get in another way and then damage that side door on the way out to make it appear as a break-in.

Gang activity in the area?

In one of the news video there is what looks like gang graffiti (IIRC) on the back of the street sign I'm attaching here. Does anyone know what this is written on the front of the sign? Looks like ^ 7. Is it a LE or private security thing? Why the need to write on this sign unless it's a code of some sort. Is it for reporters? Technically, it's vandalism, but this doesn't look like traditional gang graffiti. I'm in another area of the country, so maybe FL gangs write like this? I'm trying to find and capture the back of the sign, this pic is from googlemaps January 2015.

jsut had an afterthought: neighbor heard something from Sievers house that morning and said it sounded like at the back door. What if TS was in the kitchen starting her day (she was found there, I read here) and heard a commotion at that garage door, came to garage just as the person broke though? She ran into the house but he chased her before she could close the door.

View attachment 79071

And this one:

View attachment 79119

View attachment 79122

-Nin

Attachments

• sievers grafitti.jpg
    sievers grafitti.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 59
  • sievers grafitti entire signage.jpg
    sievers grafitti entire signage.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 60
Since there isnt going to be any more updates, I guess the only thing left now is to wait and hope that an arrest will take place soon. jmo

I looked it up and I was wrong, but I still think she could of been going out to walk her dogs since no one else was at home.

I agree. So many people walk their dogs first thing in the morning and I could see TS doing this given her busy schedule and long office hours. It's a beautiful way to start your day; your dogs are happy, you are happy to be together, the exercise is good for both, time to collect your thoughts and just "be". Don't forget, the dogs need to catch up on the latest neighborhood news by stopping at the local bulletin boards to see what messages have been left. :wink:

Our neighborhood streets don't have sidewalks so it's not exactly ped friendly, but there are days I wonder if something is going on because I see so many people walking with their dogs. Makes me happy to see. :D

Its Vatos Locos. A mainly hispanic or Chicano gang. Originating from east coast of Florida.

Thank you. Vatos locos. Crazy guys. There was also graffiti on the back of the sign, but I got frustrating trying to screenshoot the video and stepped back.

The house directly behind the Sievers has no fence on the same side as the Sievers have no light or camera - specifically that same door that was broken into or made to look so. Someone could have come through Allan and hopped the fence.

Thanks for the new thread, its so hard keeping up these days on these crimes :(
I can't keep up either lol. I just pop in every few hours for a quick read and check for updates [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

YES, those street signs! Thanks, Wow & Nin. I saw those on day 1 or 2 where news media had pictures of the taped off crime scene. You couldn't make out what was written so used my iPad then could enlarge easily---I didn't know what it meant other than the 2 word, "locos". Figured it was gang related then again anyone could have put that on there. Either way, not a good feeling seeing that regardless.

Walking dogs.... we use to use our garage pedestrian door (rear of house) when out for a dog walk OR our front door. Leaving thru the front I always locked both deadbolt & knob BUT thru our garage at times would only lock the knob---I know that's not smart but our garage, in the rear, faced a court with 3 home fronts facing our garage (we were on the corner lot). I still question TS walking her dogs while still dark in early morning hours. JMO

Picture of broken in ped door..... I've never seen a deadbolt that looked locked or unlocked from the exterior---or door knob either, IF that's what the poster up-thread meant. Only the key entry part is visable on the outside. The exterior part of a deadbolt does protrude, just how they're made.

im new so i apologise if nothing comes out right and sounds wrong it always sounds better in my head lol ....... ive been reading through all 4 threads and this whole case is baffling , what neighbours have said police have told them combined the actual facts we have learned of what extremely little police have allowed to be released to the public and on-top the bizarre things that have been said directly by the sheriff and reportedly by media he said off record , its making alot of us scratch are heads and go round and round in circles working out what could of happened , who did it, why? what was the motive and how , how did they get in and out seemingly undetected by neighbours and possibly cameras at the home , soo many question keep piling up including questions about the dogs more so since neighbours have said they saw LCSO outside Dr Sievers's home after all this time has gone buy doing what appeared to be examining dog and a cat for evidence although there's nothing factual been said about it like everything else which leaves us needing more answers to more questions i will admit im in the uk but when crimes occur my heart goes out to those left behind dealing with the devastation weather it be murder and a big part of me as a passion when it comes to well crime solving and never ben able to work in that area so this website and watching and reading what i can is all i have and if doing so may lead to one helping a case that would be amazing , , missing person or any other crime , my heart goes out to Dr Sievers family and close friends i hope this does get resolved soon .

anyhoo back to where i was , oh yeah well ive thought about all the scenarios like you all have but for some reason i keep thinking what if someone she came into contact with at a seminar , charity function , while working in one the places she raises money for to help them had spoke to her more than once ran into her more than once so had a slight connection , maybe even visited her home once maybe twice and they became some obsessed with her watching her every move and possibly even o a point maybe even broke into the home to take belongings and things as momentums if you and its possible maybe the Dr and those close to her never knew and possibly thought it was an attempt of a break in or harassment made reports to police possibly (this is all JMO ) and where never aware of it or maybe they were and that could be a possibly to consider of what the reports could be and maybe there wasn't enough to fully keep this person away if they knew who it was , or maybe reporting stirred anger and could explain it if it does come out its been some sort of crime of passion , it is possible it could of been a patient or former patient who had the obsession or a friend or someone she crossed paths with in the work placement either way theres lots of connectivity involved somewhere each way , ive thought about this alot and have a few other scenario thoughts if anyone wants read them let me know I'll post and i apologise if ive offended /upset anyone or wrote something that breaks the rules as i said kinda new and still settling in and its all just thoughts ive had with everything ive read her on all threads about Dr Sievers.

The other thread had closed before I had a chance to respond to NIN's post about the jimmied door and lock.

I've been thinking about the reports from neighbors about the weapon, possibly a hammer, so I decided to conduct an experiment. I have a patio door as well as a garage to laundry room door that are similar to the Seivers' door. I used an average sized hammer and I could not get the claw of the hammer between the frame and door as the claw is too curved. It would require a flatter object, more like a tire iron to get in there to pry the door open. Has anyone else tried this? I don't recommend that you try it on anyone else's door though - just your own! :)

Welcome to the forum, Littlemo 2015. Boy you've done a lot of reading! Good post, by the way.

Thanks msboo i appreciate it sitting reading things and working things out when its things like this , it's what keeps my busy

Will somebody please tell me whether the Hubby-Manager followed through on his firm promise 2 weeks ago: He told everyone that he would have a good doctor hired by the end of Friday (2 wks. ago) - what happened with that?

Also, I can't keep up with everything: Will somebody please fill me in - Have police arrested anyone? Named a 'person of interest'? Named a 'suspect'? Are the police said to be doing 24-7 tailing of anyone around there??? Police making more public 'not to worry' statements???

Makayla.... I'm not so sure that the deadbolt latch is in the wrong position with the bolt retrieved---brand to brand they may be positioned a little more or less turned to start with, all depends. It's been a while since I was around our building sites, lots has changed. I don't ever remember our supplier asking if a 'right or left' position lock of any kind was needed AND never saw any myself either.

Lock mechanisms---push-in knobs and/or levers with turn/twist centers AND deadbolt locking latches are always installed on the interior part of a door UNLESS installed WRONG---that doesn't look to be the case here.

No damage to deadbolt area---could be that the deadbolt was off. Also depending on how tight the door, along with the locks, were mounted/installed... merely pushing on any door from int or ext, their can be movement enough to tell if both locks are engaged but not always. If only the deadbolt was engaged there would be less door movement but one could turn the door knob below if left unlocked. Then one could also use a credit card slipped in between the door & frame to quickly determine if the deadbolt is engaged or not--no flashlight needed. THEN there's the theory that this broken-in door may have been staged, who knows.

Will somebody please tell me whether the Hubby-Manager followed through on his firm promise 2 weeks ago: He told everyone that he would have a good doctor hired by the end of Friday (2 wks. ago) - what happened with that?

Also, I can't keep up with everything: Will somebody please fill me in - Have police arrested anyone? Named a 'person of interest'? Named a 'suspect'? Are the police said to be doing 24-7 tailing of anyone around there??? Police making more public 'not to worry' statements???

so far as far as im aware police have released no info on anything no person of interest , nothing about any leads time of death or anything else we are all still waiting for answers and i dont think anything else has been said about the husband hiring new doctor or anything either its just total radio silence apart from us all chatting and sharing thoughts , ideas and scenarios

MinnesotaMary.... so far no arrest(s), no POI---zip, nada, nothin. Sorry, we're all still waiting.

LittleMo.... I noticed at the bottom your "LilMo" with a cup of coffee -- you must like your coffee? I know I LOVE mine.

Makayla.... I'm not so sure that the deadbolt latch is in the wrong position with the bolt retrieved---brand to brand they may be positioned a little more or less turned to start with, all depends. It's been a while since I was around our building sites, lots has changed. I don't ever remember our supplier asking if a 'right or left' position lock of any kind was needed AND never saw any myself either.

Lock mechanisms---push-in knobs and/or levers with turn/twist centers AND deadbolt locking latches are always installed on the interior part of a door UNLESS installed WRONG---that doesn't look to be the case here.

No damage to deadbolt area---could be that the deadbolt was off. Also depending on how tight the door, along with the locks, were mounted/installed... merely pushing on any door from int or ext, their can be movement enough to tell if both locks are engaged but not always. If only the deadbolt was engaged there would be less door movement but one could turn the door knob below if left unlocked. Then one could also use a credit card slipped in between the door & frame to quickly determine if the deadbolt is engaged or not--no flashlight needed. THEN there's the theory that this broken-in door may have been staged, who knows.

That was NIN that was posting about the deadbolt, I just copied her post and included it in my post - I was just commenting about my experiment with the hammer based on the photo NIN had shared with us of the jimmied door. I just realized when I copied and pasted her post from the previous thread that the photo didn't come over with it / the photo is back in the previous thread which was closed a few hours ago.

ETA ... Just so it's not confusing, I have edited my earlier post which originally contained a copy of NIN's post about the door lock, deadbolt etc. I was just commenting on her photograph of the door (which is back on the previous thread) and decided to do my experiment with the hammer.

makayla- i just wanna say good thinking with testing the hammer for for the rumoured weapon theory i never thought of testing out things i could actually try myself at home i will keep that in mind for later.

Makayla..... no problem, I prob should have paid closer attention. Hope we hear something soon.

Ya know..... LE has not returned the van right? No one has posted such plus I would think the news media would be all over that if they had. ALSO someone mentioned the family car a while back BUT that was never in any pics/vids I saw anyway. Anyone know anything about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni