1415 users online (279 members and 1136 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_Y View Post
    File passed to CPS for consideration in Claudia Lawrence case. Four men to possibly face charges. More at http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...al-face-murder
    Oh

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    BREAKING CLAUDIA LAWRENCE: Police to give CPS evidence file on four men arrested on suspicion of murder

DETECTIVES leading the investigation into the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence are submitting a file of evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service.

The evidence relates to four men, all from the York area and aged in their fifties, who were arrested in March and April on suspicion of the missing chef's murder. All four men have today been released from police bail while the CPS considers the case.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Good news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All posts are MOO!

Oooooooooh..... but what does this mean?!?!?! They go to court on suspicion of murder or something?

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Oooooooooh..... but what does this mean?!?!?! They go to court on suspicion of murder or something?
    I think.. It's now put before the CP to decide if there is enough evidence to lay charges. As it is the 4 men have been released from bail uncharged.

Charge them all with murder I say, one of them will spill the beans when faced with a life sentence.

(I know this is not how we do things, but if I were chief of police....)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennibee View Post
    Good news.

Somehow good news, yes, but why released from police bail ...??? Elapsed time limit only?

Oh please let the police get the answers that Claudia's family desperately need.
    I want to be optimistic and hope that there will be a resolution to this case but sadly, I think that these men, IF they do know anything, are also confident that no trace of evidence can be linked back to them and I fear they will not offer any explanations.

UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

I read they were all connected to the building trade.

Make of that what you will.

MOO

All posts are MOO!

It seems extremely unlikely that Claudia's disappearance involves the conspiracy of 4 men.

I am a little suspicious that these men were believed to have had a relationship with Claudia and are not being forthcoming with information and the Police Bail is just a means of adding a little pressure.

As a yank, I am not familiar with how Police Bail works. I understand the need to restrict the movements of someone who is under suspicion but yet not charged but are there "checks" on the use of it? If a police inspector can just put anyone he wants on Bail, it could very easily be abused. I can see it used to intimidate witnesses.

Can anyone explain how Police Bail works. What are the requirements and restriction. Must a judge "sign off" on it? Is their any appeal rights if you are placed on Bail?

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/...tors-1-7467268

A police spokesman said: “The process of preparing the file will take some time, as will the assessment by the CPS of the case.

“For legal reasons, we cannot comment further about the case at this time.

“While this process is undertaken, the investigation remains active and Detective Superintendent Dai Malyn, head of North Yorkshire Police’s Major Crime Unit and the senior investigating officer in the Claudia Lawrence inquiry, is again urging the media and the public not to identify the men who are subject of the investigation.”

Det Supt Malyn added: “This is to ensure the investigation and legal process are not compromised or potentially damaged in any way. This includes naming or publishing images of the men, their home addresses, places of work, their vehicles and properties on traditional media platforms or social networking sites.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...on-cps-6462863

Claudia's mum described the latest sad twist in the police investigation as “devastating”.

She said: "All we can do is hope that the investigation can give us some answers as to what has happened to my beautiful and precious daughter.

“Waiting for the CPS verdict will be very hard. It’s too hard to even contemplate why anyone would want to hurt Claudia. I really can’t bear to think about it.

“As a mum, you try your hardest to keep your children safe, no matter how old they are. Today’s news is just devastating and it hasn’t really sunk in yet. I’m in a state of shock and feel very upset.

“I have no idea what the future holds. As ever I am thinking about my daughter.”

Quote Originally Posted by FromGermany View Post
    Somehow good news, yes, but why released from police bail ...??? Elapsed time limit only?
    Bail or not??? Maybe I have translated in the wrong way. I thought of: no bail anymore. Wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by FromGermany View Post
    Bail or not??? Maybe I have translated in the wrong way. I thought of: no bail anymore. Wrong?
    No, you're not wrong FG.

Prosecutors will consider charging four men suspected of murdering Claudia Lawrence, who has been missing for six years.
    Lawyers for the Crown Prosecution Service will be given a cache of evidence by officers from North Yorkshire Police.
    They will use it use to decide whether the men, all in their 50s, should face a trial. All four were also released from police bail.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3mKoX97JK
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast