788 users online (163 members and 625 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thumbs up US Police Officer Praised After Photo of Simple Good Deed Goes Viral

Police Officer Michael Castillo has been praised for stopping to help a group of young boys fix a broken bicycle.

Police Officer Michael Castillo, 27, was working in Connecticut on Monday when he was called to a local Target store after reports of a fight.
    When he arrived he saw a group of young boys he recognised from the neighbourhood with bikes out the front of the store.
    Noticing a chain on one of the boys’ bikes was twisted, Mr Castillo stopped, turned the bike over and began to fix it.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/0...eed-goes-viral

What a lovely guy. It's nice to see good cops recognized for being decent human beings, these young boys will remember his kindness.

Elisaa444 is offline "Respect is for those who deserve it, not for those that demand it."
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post

Police Officer Michael Castillo has been praised for stopping to help a group of young boys fix a broken bicycle.

Police Officer Michael Castillo, 27, was working in Connecticut on Monday when he was called to a local Target store after reports of a fight.
    When he arrived he saw a group of young boys he recognised from the neighbourhood with bikes out the front of the store.
    Noticing a chain on one of the boys’ bikes was twisted, Mr Castillo stopped, turned the bike over and began to fix it.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/0...eed-goes-viral

What a lovely guy. It's nice to see good cops recognized for being decent human beings, these young boys will remember his kindness.
    Thanks for posting this PrimeSupsect! It is refreshing to see this type of interaction between a police officer and kids. I'm sure it happens all the time I just don't see it because, of course, positive feel good stuff like this isn't a priority when it comes to reporting. (moo)

IMO, it is kind acts such as this from a police officer that can help to improve the views/attitudes towards LEO's as a whole, of not just kids but adults alike. Seeing a police officer doing a simple kind act or even better, experiencing such an interaction like these kids did, can really help to show that contrary to what we see/hear (on a regular basis) regarding the conduct of LEO's today, there are far more good LEO's out there than not.
    (sorry for the mega run on sentence..
    need coffee already)

We could use a lot more reporting on the good LEO's like Mr. Castillo. I predict that Mr. Castillo is going to have a very successful career in law enforcement and I wish him the best.

* Everything above is my opinion only, yours may vary though I respect all view points just the same. *
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    This is the kind of news inching LE I love to see! Thanks for the share!!