NJ - Policewoman lets mom in hot car incident know how she feels

zwiebel

Reaction score
Police officers are meant to keep their cool and maintain politeness. But when shoppers at a Costco in Hackensack, New Jersey saw a small girl wailing inside a broiling car and called police, a female officer was among police arriving at the scene.

They smashed the window and the female officer just snatched the little girl into her arms, soothing and stroking her, and saying to the other officers in a shellshocked voice, 'She's soaking wet!' The little one clung to her like a limpet and the officer didn't hand her over either, when mom turned up -with another child she'd taken inside the store - in tow and said 'Sorry'.

'No sorry! She could have died!' The officer yells.

I think this officer spoke for many, many people who are sick of children (and animals) being left to cook to death in hot cars. Mom Lim Kim was arrested on a child endangerment charge and their father now has custody of their other children.

Video at link:
http://globalnews.ca/news/2141985/p...icle&utm_medium=MostPopular&utm_campaign=2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-01-23-14-53-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-01-23-14-53-1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 60
Thank goodness for this little baby. Bless her heart. Does this woman not ever watch the news? Does she have no idea how hot the car gets?

Did you see the video, katydid? That little girl makes no move to reach for her mom when she arrives. She just clings to that officer.

Just from reading here, I have been purposely looking into cars on my way into and out of places to make sure there are no children or animals in them.

I think I'm also going to buy that tool you can smash a window with and keep it in the trunk of my car just in case. I have no problem dealing with any fallout if I have to use it.

This just makes me so freaking angry. Kids should never be left in the car. Even if the weather isn't hot...it isn't safe.

I once stopped an officer when I was out for a walk and saw a baby and toddler asleep in a parked car. The parents were in the restaurant. They came out when they saw us and the cop looking at their car. Took them quite a few minutes. The cop did NOTHING. It makes me angry thinking about it still and this was almost a decade ago.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back