918 users online (239 members and 679 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    491

    Exclamation Problem staying logged in

    I have a different problem, any advice appreciated- For a number of days now I can't stay logged on, I hit the remember me button each time, I only stay logged on for 10 minutes max making the site difficult to participate ( took me 2 times to write this arggh)
    Trust Your Instincts

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,063
    Session time out is probably 10 minutes or less. Type long composure in a word app first. Then copy and paste.

    If your browser sits idle the server will also bump you to keep server request totals down.

    Thats to protect you too. So your 6 year old doesn't upload your porn.

    Quote Originally Posted by StarrChance View Post
    I have a different problem, any advice appreciated- For a number of days now I can't stay logged on, I hit the remember me button each time, I only stay logged on for 10 minutes max making the site difficult to participate ( took me 2 times to write this arggh)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,766
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrChance View Post
    I have a different problem, any advice appreciated- For a number of days now I can't stay logged on, I hit the remember me button each time, I only stay logged on for 10 minutes max making the site difficult to participate ( took me 2 times to write this arggh)
    Try downloading the free version of CCleaner, installing and performing two different scans and remove what it finds. Second click on registry and scan and repair the registry.

    One small note, you may remove all usernames and passwords of places you sign into for being a member. So make sure you know your usernames and passwords before running.

    CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC.
    It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure

    Fewer Errors & Crashes

    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Peliman View Post
    First things first, try downloading and installing a copy of malwarebytes. One version is free, another is free premium for 14 days. Download and install the non-premium version first. Once installed, scan your computer and remove anything it finds. Depending on the malware this maybe only be the beginning. You may need to update the database on malwarebytes.

    https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/
    Thanks peliman. I was going to suggest this. I love Malware Bytes, and I haven't had those problems mentioned above.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Peliman View Post
    Try downloading the free version of CCleaner, installing and performing two different scans and remove what it finds. Second click on registry and scan and repair the registry.

    One small note, you may remove all usernames and passwords of places you sign into for being a member. So make sure you know your usernames and passwords before running.

    CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC.
    It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure

    Fewer Errors & Crashes

    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    I downloaded this and am ready to run it. It says it will delete files from my pc and am I sure I want to continue. Do I hit continue?
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    I downloaded this and am ready to run it. It says it will delete files from my pc and am I sure I want to continue. Do I hit continue?
    Should be ok, remember usernames and passwords.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    31,231
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrChance View Post
    I have a different problem, any advice appreciated- For a number of days now I can't stay logged on, I hit the remember me button each time, I only stay logged on for 10 minutes max making the site difficult to participate ( took me 2 times to write this arggh)
    These steps usually resolve your issue:

    1. Clear your cookies and cache, then close browser.

    2. Open browser, log in, check "remember me".
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    491
    Thank you everyone for trying to help me, I tried the cookies, then cc cleaner and malware bytes however I use iPad and the last two wont let me download due to Safari, what do I do now?
    Trust Your Instincts

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Yeats' Innisfree
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrChance View Post
    Thank you everyone for trying to help me, I tried the cookies, then cc cleaner and malware bytes however I use iPad and the last two wont let me download due to Safari, what do I do now?
    Have exactly the same problem, since I too use an iPad. I'm constantly being knocked out & then having to log in. Thought it was just be I'm a Luddite.
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony1902 View Post
    Have exactly the same problem, since I too use an iPad. I'm constantly being knocked out & then having to log in. Thought it was just be I'm a Luddite.
    Well I hope not completely a Luddite but always love the meaning of sayings https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite
    Trust Your Instincts


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    31,231
    StarrChance, I'll remind Dave to check the thread again tomorrow. I *think* Safari might be the problem. Have you tried another browser? Chrome? Firefox?
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,872
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    StarrChance, I'll remind Dave to check the thread again tomorrow. I *think* Safari might be the problem. Have you tried another browser? Chrome? Firefox?
    Yesterday, and again this AM, about 5AM, I kept getting timed out. I stay logged in, just timed out. I'm on a laptop running Firefox. It took me about ten minutes to outsmart/fox something enough to finally get back on.
    "In a time of universal deceit -- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    31,231
    I experienced it, too. The lag this morning I think was a routine update to the server. Those usually occur early on Sunday mornings. Not sure what happened yesterday afternoon, but it seemed to clear up pretty quickly.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,083
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    These steps usually resolve your issue:

    1. Clear your cookies and cache, then close browser.

    2. Open browser, log in, check "remember me".
    As bessie said please try this if you are having trouble.

    I have this problem on my iPad. After about 15 minutes it logs me out. I too have tried everything which makes me think this is an iPad issue. At least with me anyway because I don't have this problem with my PC

    About the slow running forum the good news is we have purchased a new mega server. The Godzilla of servers. It will take several weeks to get things up and running but when we do you will see a huge difference.

    We were running slow yesterday due to a technical issue that was not our fault. Dave fixed it as quick as possible for us so thank you Dave for jumping in and handling the issue.

    Tricia
    Last edited by Tricia; 08-09-2015 at 02:33 PM.
    Join us at CrimeCon.com
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

    Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT
    84098






  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,083
    It does appear it is an Ipad problem as far as staying logged in.

    We have found (meaning bessie found the solution) it's iPad issues and if you download Chrome, Firefox or anything else but Safari it should solve the problem.
    Join us at CrimeCon.com
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

    Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT
    84098






Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Getting logged out?
    By ClaireNC in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2015, 11:30 PM
  2. How do I keep from getting logged off so quickly?
    By Boodles in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 05:32 AM
  3. Question on getting logged out
    By morf13 in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 02:25 PM
  4. Why do I get logged off?
    By Stan in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 01:05 AM