Problem staying logged in

StarrChance

Reaction score
I have a different problem, any advice appreciated- For a number of days now I can't stay logged on, I hit the remember me button each time, I only stay logged on for 10 minutes max making the site difficult to participate ( took me 2 times to write this arggh)

Session time out is probably 10 minutes or less. Type long composure in a word app first. Then copy and paste.

If your browser sits idle the server will also bump you to keep server request totals down.

Thats to protect you too. So your 6 year old doesn't upload your *advertiser censored*.

I have a different problem, any advice appreciated- For a number of days now I can't stay logged on, I hit the remember me button each time, I only stay logged on for 10 minutes max making the site difficult to participate ( took me 2 times to write this arggh)

Try downloading the free version of CCleaner, installing and performing two different scans and remove what it finds. Second click on registry and scan and repair the registry.

One small note, you may remove all usernames and passwords of places you sign into for being a member. So make sure you know your usernames and passwords before running.

CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC.
It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure

Fewer Errors & Crashes

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

First things first, try downloading and installing a copy of malwarebytes. One version is free, another is free premium for 14 days. Download and install the non-premium version first. Once installed, scan your computer and remove anything it finds. Depending on the malware this maybe only be the beginning. You may need to update the database on malwarebytes.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

Thanks peliman. I was going to suggest this. I love Malware Bytes, and I haven't had those problems mentioned above.

Try downloading the free version of CCleaner, installing and performing two different scans and remove what it finds. Second click on registry and scan and repair the registry.

One small note, you may remove all usernames and passwords of places you sign into for being a member. So make sure you know your usernames and passwords before running.

CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC.
It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure

Fewer Errors & Crashes

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I downloaded this and am ready to run it. It says it will delete files from my pc and am I sure I want to continue. Do I hit continue?

I downloaded this and am ready to run it. It says it will delete files from my pc and am I sure I want to continue. Do I hit continue?

Should be ok, remember usernames and passwords. :)

These steps usually resolve your issue:

1. Clear your cookies and cache, then close browser.

2. Open browser, log in, check "remember me".

Thank you everyone for trying to help me, I tried the cookies, then cc cleaner and malware bytes however I use iPad and the last two wont let me download due to Safari, what do I do now?

Thank you everyone for trying to help me, I tried the cookies, then cc cleaner and malware bytes however I use iPad and the last two wont let me download due to Safari, what do I do now?

Have exactly the same problem, since I too use an iPad. I'm constantly being knocked out & then having to log in. Thought it was just be I'm a Luddite.

StarrChance, I'll remind Dave to check the thread again tomorrow. I *think* Safari might be the problem. Have you tried another browser? Chrome? Firefox?

StarrChance, I'll remind Dave to check the thread again tomorrow. I *think* Safari might be the problem. Have you tried another browser? Chrome? Firefox?

Yesterday, and again this AM, about 5AM, I kept getting timed out. I stay logged in, just timed out. I'm on a laptop running Firefox. It took me about ten minutes to outsmart/fox something enough to finally get back on.

I experienced it, too. The lag this morning I think was a routine update to the server. Those usually occur early on Sunday mornings. Not sure what happened yesterday afternoon, but it seemed to clear up pretty quickly.

These steps usually resolve your issue:

1. Clear your cookies and cache, then close browser.

2. Open browser, log in, check "remember me".

As bessie said please try this if you are having trouble.

I have this problem on my iPad. After about 15 minutes it logs me out. I too have tried everything which makes me think this is an iPad issue. At least with me anyway because I don't have this problem with my PC

About the slow running forum the good news is we have purchased a new mega server. The Godzilla of servers. It will take several weeks to get things up and running but when we do you will see a huge difference.

We were running slow yesterday due to a technical issue that was not our fault. Dave fixed it as quick as possible for us so thank you Dave for jumping in and handling the issue.

Tricia

It does appear it is an Ipad problem as far as staying logged in.

We have found (meaning bessie found the solution) it's iPad issues and if you download Chrome, Firefox or anything else but Safari it should solve the problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back