Sean Penn is such a tool

Dark Knight

Reaction score
from [url="http://www.drudgereport.com/"]http://www.drudgereport.com/[/url]

Sean Penn's rescue bid sinks
From correspondents in New Orleans
05sep05

EFFORTS by Hollywood actor Sean Penn to aid New Orleans victims stranded by Hurricane Katrina foundered badly overnight, when the boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak.

Penn had planned to rescue children waylaid by Katrina's flood waters, but apparently forgot to plug a hole in the bottom of the vessel, which began taking water within seconds of its launch.

The actor, known for his political activism, was seen wearing what appeared to be a white flak jacket and frantically bailing water out of the sinking vessel with a red plastic cup.

When the boat's motor failed to start, those aboard were forced to use paddles to propel themselves down the flooded New Orleans street.

Asked what he had hoped to achieve in the waterlogged city, the actor replied: "Whatever I can do to help."

With the boat loaded with members of Penn's entourage, including a personal photographer, one bystander taunted the actor: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"

And this man makes how much money????? What was it a 12' boat??? Geez!

Dark Knight said:
from [url="http://www.drudgereport.com/"]http://www.drudgereport.com/[/url]

Sean Penn's rescue bid sinks
From correspondents in New Orleans
05sep05

EFFORTS by Hollywood actor Sean Penn to aid New Orleans victims stranded by Hurricane Katrina foundered badly overnight, when the boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak.

Penn had planned to rescue children waylaid by Katrina's flood waters, but apparently forgot to plug a hole in the bottom of the vessel, which began taking water within seconds of its launch.

The actor, known for his political activism, was seen wearing what appeared to be a white flak jacket and frantically bailing water out of the sinking vessel with a red plastic cup.

When the boat's motor failed to start, those aboard were forced to use paddles to propel themselves down the flooded New Orleans street.

Asked what he had hoped to achieve in the waterlogged city, the actor replied: "Whatever I can do to help."

With the boat loaded with members of Penn's entourage, including a personal photographer, one bystander taunted the actor: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"
Total idiot. He should of just privately donated some of his millions. But oh wait then it wouldnt of been a photo-op! Never mind that wouldnt of worked he needs the publicity my bad!!! :doh:

Mygirlsadie said:
Total idiot. He should of just privately donated some of his millions. But oh wait then it wouldnt of been a photo-op! Never mind that wouldnt of worked he needs the publicity my bad!!! :doh:
Why criticize someone who is trying to help? This view is cynical. IMO

dakini said:
Why criticize someone who is trying to help? This view is cynical. IMO

I agree. He was obviously unprepared but atleast he was trying to help. Why bash him for that?

NewMom2003 said:
I agree. He was obviously unprepared but atleast he was trying to help. Why bash him for that?
Why start a whole thread for it too?

NewMom2003 said:
He wasnt trying to help. You don't bring your very own personal photographer when all you want to do is help. He was unprepared to help but he was prepared enough to have his photographer to make sure the world saw what a great caring helping guy he is. Not buying it. He was there for personal gain.

Mygirlsadie said:
He wasnt trying to help. You don't bring your very own personal photographer when all you want to do is help. He was unprepared to help but he was prepared enough to have his photographer to make sure the world saw what a great caring helping guy he is. Not buying it. He was there for personal gain.
:clap: :clap: He's such a :loser:

Mygirlsadie said:
Everyone is entitled to their view. Even if it seems cynical to me.

The guy is in movies. Movie stars and directors always have cameras with them. It is possible he is sincere. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt?

He does give lots of money. He is an artist, a director, a film producer, if he takes his own boat and camera, perhaps he has the intention of offering something in addition to the rescue effort through his art that will benefit others later on.

Unless you are omniscient, (and few of us are) it is impossible to know what is in someone else's heart, especially if you do not know them personally or hang out with them over time.

Mygirlsadie said:

I totally agree. Especially since the bystander mocked how full the boat was with Penn's entourage. This was publicity. A photo op gone bad.

dakini said:
Everyone is entitled to their view. Even if it seems cynical to me.

The guy is in movies. Movie stars and directors always have cameras with them. It is possible he is sincere. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt?

He does give lots of money. He is an artist, a director, a film producer, if he takes his own boat and camera, perhaps he has the intention of offering something in addition to the rescue effort through his art that will benefit others later on.

Unless you are omniscient, (and few of us are) it is impossible to know what is in someone else's heart, especially if you do not know them personally or hang out with them over time.

Steve Harvey went there, as did Harry Connick Jr.....no photog guy following them around.

People who try to help and are unprepared, then need to be rescued themselves.

I vote for good intentions, but not from the heart, you don't bring photographer with you if your intentions are really what you say they are.

The guy is not that bright, he could have done a bit more by comforting victims, instead of almost becoming one himself.

Well said, CyberLaw. That's the first time I've ever agreed with you, LOL.

May you all be delighted and satisfied by whatever brings you happiness.

I'm usually not one to criticize any efforts - but this was pure publicity seeking, not help. Going there on an empty boat, or one loaded with supplies is helping (even with a single photographer). Going there on a full boat is just an obnoxious publicity stunt, since they can't really rescue much of anyone at all - no room on the boat (even if it did stop leaking). That's really pretty low, using a situation like this for your own benefit, without helping anyone.

I love that instead of getting his desired photo-op, he gets laughed at for being so incompetent he can't even manage the photo-op.

kgeaux said:
I totally agree. Especially since the bystander mocked how full the boat was with Penn's entourage. This was publicity. A photo op gone bad.
Exactly! It was the full boat that sealed it for me, lol! You cannot rescue people in a boat full of your people, duh! It was PR, and probably another chance to attack Bush (for his lack of response) only to barely be able to save himself. And the personal photog, of course. I thought maybe he wanted pics of the scene, but he could have taken his own camera for that.

Mygirlsadie said:

I dont really give a rats *ss what his motivation was, IF he would have been successful and taken just ONE child out of that h*ll hole, I would be very gratefull. Do you think the people in need of rescue really give a crap who is doing the rescuing and what their motivation is?

Don't be such fangirls, lol. Drudge might have been wrong, of course, anyways. With someone as polarizing as Penn, there will be bias on both sides, as we've seen here.

lostfaith said:
I dont really give a rats *ss what his motivation was, IF he would have been successful and taken just ONE child out of that h*ll hole, I would be very gratefull. Do you think the people in need of rescue really give a crap who is doing the rescuing and what their motivation is?

If he had saved a child, that would have been great. I have the same question about all this glorifying of the reporters who cried beside dying people. I just can't imagine a grown man with a van or boat or motorcoach or satellite truck crying over a dying baby and NOT picking it up and putting it into whatever means of transportation he had and getting out of there to somewhere he could find a doctor to help it. People were outraged that a national guardsman was dragging a dog by a leash - nobody was outraged that Geraldo or whoever else reported on but didn't take a dying person into their own able and capable transportation and try to get them somewhere where there was a doctor. I'm hoping someone can explain that to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back