Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr Kunz Jr.
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Missing two year old in Lemhi County
Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

Family members say Deorr Kunz Jr. was camping yesterday afternoon at the Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir when he was reported missing.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

There is no official word from yet from The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office or Salmon Search & Rescue of organized searches for the weekend. We'll update search information as it's released.
http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid
KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

[...]
"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said. "And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5

For those who still are unclear about TOS, here is yet another reminder to review Rules: Etiquette & Information

Pay particular attention to these sections:

Victim Friendly
Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE.

Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Baiting/Trolling/Inciting Conflict:

“Trolling” or making posts with the intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines.

Attacking WS Moderators & Administrators:

Posting in a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not allowed. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function or email to contact staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

Deleting Posts and Closing Threads:

WS Administration has the right to close any thread, and to delete any post, which we deem inappropriate. The decision to close a thread, or to delete or edit a post is solely ours. We adhere to a strict policy of striving to maintain interesting and productive discussions for the benefit of the WS community...

In addition, moderators will exercise their discretion to delete individual posts which are inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise violate TOS (including the rules and etiquette outlined above).

Be aware that if you quote a post which warrants removal, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
Bear in mind, that the circumstances of each case differ. Hence, there are gray areas within the rules, and administrators and moderators have the duty, and the right, to set the guidelines for each case as they deem suitable.

Raising reasonable questions based on the known facts is a natural part of an open discussion. It's not only allowed, it's encouraged. Posing unsubstantiated allegations, however, and skewing the facts to fit a preconceived notion of guilt is not allowed, and won't be tolerated. So if you don't like having your posts removed, then keep an open mind, post responsibly, and think twice before you hit "submit".

Finally, as one member wisely observed, "person of interest" is not a legal term, and can have varying connotations. In this case, LE has described the parents and IR as "persons of interest", but added that they are not "suspects". So once again, unless and until they are elevated to the level of "suspect", the "victim friendly" rule applies.

Another past case, but I'm still trying to recall the little boy who disappeared in the large campground, name hasn't come to me yet: https://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2013/05/

This one was found in the river however 3 days later: 03/27/13
Update – The body of Daisy Jo Holland, the Minnesota toddler who disappeared from Wapiti Park Campground in Sherburne County on Friday night was pulled from the Elk River on Sunday May 26, 2013, according to Elk River police chief Brad Rolfe

They said that in around 3 wks a body would surface if it was in the water, if the body is caught on something or if something has been placed on the body then it would never surface?

So many questions,

Another past case, but I'm still trying to recall the little boy who disappeared in the large campground, name hasn't come to me yet: https://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2013/05/

This one was found in the river however 3 days later: 03/27/13

This little girl, Laura Ann Bradbury was kidnapped from Joshua Tree National Park, CA back in 1984. She was never found. :(

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/18/local/la-me-0919-bradbury-20100918

ETA: changed link to MSM

There is a very interesting and well researched youtube video here under the article from this author who has studied missing children and adults and posts the statistics on the thread from various campgrounds all over the country. He concentrates on the National Parks such as Yosemite, etc. The article and video gives one pause and a lot to think about considering the sheer numbers of the missing from campgrounds and trails.

http://dcxposed.com/2014/04/27/secret-vanishings-americas-national-parks/

They said that in around 3 wks a body would surface if it was in the water, if the body is caught on something or if something has been placed on the body then it would never surface?

So many questions,

Certainly an article of clothing might get loose. I'm just worried that it's been so long that IF he's caught somewhere or on something, he might not be found now or any time soon. I can't even imagine. The not knowing must be devastating for his family.

So many questions,

I was just reading of a girl drowning in Lake Michigan over the weekend. The newspaper said she was spotted in the lake by a helicoptor that was searching. I guess waves brought her to the surface.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2015/...tream-swimmer-found-in-lake-michigan/ahs1fmh/

CAROL STREAM – Officials have positively identified a body recovered from Lake Michigan near Indiana Dunes State Park shortly before noon Aug. 2 as that of Chase Froese of Carol Stream, who had been missing since July 31, according to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.

The body was found by the Porter Fire Dive Rescue with the help of a Lake County Sheriff's Department helicopter....

So. Six threads in and we still know nothing more than Deorr is missing.

<modsnip>

Have we got anything to go on, at all...... has anything really changed since thread #1 post #1?

Do you think the FBI will let the public know how things are going or will they just wait until there is proof of what happened? this is so sad

I have a question about finding somebody in the water...How do you know for sure, the person stumbled in and drowned and it was not the cause of another person putting them in there? It's all so sad to even contemplate.

Do you think the FBI will let the public know how things are going or will they just wait until there is proof of what happened? this is so sad

I don't think there will be anything said unless an arrest is made. That seems to be the way these things go.

I kept hoping NG would revisit this but so far..no go there.

I sometimes wonder how they chose to do the NG shows. I also wonder if sometimes local LE and FBI ask her to not do a show if they are in an active investigation.

Just my own wonderings and questions.

I don't think there will be anything said unless an arrest is made. That seems to be the way these things go.

I kept hoping NG would revisit this but so far..no go there.

I sometimes wonder how they chose to do the NG shows. I also wonder if sometimes local LE and FBI ask her to not do a show if they are in an active investigation.

Just my own wonderings and questions.

Did they agree to do the show or did the Idaho reporter agree to share his interview? Would that require JM's and DK's permission/agreement?

I have a question about finding somebody in the water...How do you know for sure, the person stumbled in and drowned and it was not the cause of another person putting them in there? It's all so sad to even contemplate.

Well if the person died before being placed in water the lungs and eyes would give the game away among other things I think?

Well if the person died before being placed in water the lungs and eyes would give the game away among other things I think?

My knowledge is based entirely on TV shows, but I thought people who drowned had water in their lungs. If they're already dead, their lungs don't fill with water as they do if you die by drowning.

My knowledge is based entirely on TV shows, but I thought people who drowned had water in their lungs. If they're already dead, their lungs don't fill with water as they do if you die by drowning.

That is my understanding too. I'm sure there are some experts here that will explain in more detail though.

I believe MickShawn was asking how you would know it's an accidental drowning.
If a child who can't swim is found in the water... how do you know he fell in and wasn't thrown in?
Sort of like how do you know someone accidentally left their child in a hot car? That it wasn't intentional?

If I'm incorrect I apologize but that is the way I understood the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy