920 users online (118 members and 802 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Judge wasting his breath.....Higgs will object constantly.

Shooter wearing a jacket?

Here we go.....headstones.....
    IMO

And....judge get's wobbly and excludes pics of headstones. This makes me sick....don't inflame the jury!!
    IMO

ohai everyone
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

I really don't understand! No pics of victims as babies.....no probative value....but, we see the shooter from birth!
    He's not the same now as he was at 2 months!
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    I'm really struggling with this. I don't want to get a bad attitude but I'm being pushed beyond my limits! How dare they try to silence these people!! They have the right to be heard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I've read I agree. Death penalty is accountability for the horrors he caused. The true victims he silenced.

Brady STILL not giving up!!!! After judge ruled on all their objections from yesterday- they're still going to add more objections today!!!!!!

Judge doesn't want a snap judgement....I believe he feels the jury already has made snap judgements....good grief!!
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    Victim impact statements. Nothing too emotional though. The judge won't allow it. He said he will be keeping an eye on the jury and if they look like they are getting upset he will stop the testimony.

Boy this phase is going to be tough for all involved especially the judge...going to be tons of defense objections and what happens if some of the jurors are just criers? (spelling? prone to crying easily is what I mean). That could honestly cut off the testimony severely. Some of this may not be so prejudicial but rather just the emotional makeup of the jury. I think this phase is going to be a long one!!

It's really a paradox, victims are allowed to testify about their loved ones who died; BUT what they said cannot invoke intense emotion from the jury!!!?? They died in a mass murder with a surprise attack!
    Anyone who lost someone in a horrific crime, is going to evoke emotion!

And what does the judge mean when he keeps saying, 'he's going to stop it'? Meaning he will stop the entire prosecution's case? If too much emotion, they will not be able to present anymore testimony?

What do you folks think?

If I'm a juror....and I sense these victims are being cut short and scripted.....then I'm furious! The constant threats from the judge about cutting testimony short is insulting...
    IMO

I think this sucks---how can the victims not show emotion--many who survived have devastating injuries... How can they ever forget?? They probably have PTSD. And what about those whose family members were massacred ?? What a crock of C---.
    JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by MissHaley View Post
    Brady said she still objects to grandparents testifying!!!!!!!!!!! Said it didn't list grandparents in one law. Judge said another part states 'immediate family' which grandparents are!
    they are just too much!
    they really want to cover the horror of their client!
    Get the he!! over it, Brady. Sit down and zip it.

We're live -- best I can tell!!

Here's Court Chatter link:

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!james-...-stream-1/cmus

Hi, Gang!!

Thanks for the yummy breakfast, Coldpizza. We love your zero-calorie spreads. Yummm.

Justice for the victims and their loved ones.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    If I'm a juror....and I sense these victims are being cut short and scripted.....then I'm furious! The constant threats from the judge about cutting testimony short is insulting...
    YES! Remember during the guilt phase, how defense kept objecting throughout the entire testimony from all those in the theater who got injured?
    Juries do get offended when there are so many excessive objections in general anyway & this defense objecting, not wanting the jury to here what they went thru during the shooting-I'm sure really offended them! IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MissHaley View Post
    It's really a paradox, victims are allowed to testify about their loved ones who died; BUT what they said cannot invoke intense emotion from the jury!!!?? They died in a mass murder with a surprise attack!
    Anyone who lost someone in a horrific crime, is going to evoke emotion!

And what does the judge mean when he keeps saying, 'he's going to stop it'? Meaning he will stop the entire prosecution's case? If too much emotion, they will not be able to present anymore testimony?

What do you folks think?
    I took it to mean the judge will cut that witness short. Not the whole prosecution case.

Given how quickly they have returned the verdicts so far, I will not be surprised if they impose the DP.

Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast