Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Police release video in Lonzie case, claim Ruben Ebron murdered little boy
Police cancel Amber Alert, work case as murder
Aug 03 2015

Lorenzo-Barton--tall--jpg.jpg

Police announced late Monday the Amber Alert for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton is canceled and they are 100 percent sure the toddler who disappeared 10 days ago disappeared at the hands of the mother's boyfriend.

"I'm cancelling the Amber Alert and not working this as an abduction anymore," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney said. "We are working this as a murder case. You need to know that. Ruben Ebron needs to know that."

This comes after the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office obtained surveillance video that it said shows Ebron abandoning the car he claimed was stolen with Lonzie Barton inside and running away minutes before he called 911 to report it stolen and the toddler taken.

JSO: Story 'crumbling' for Lonzie Barton murder suspect
August 4, 2015

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Twenty-one-month-old Lonzie Barton was murdered and not abducted like originally reported by 32-year-old Ruben Ebron, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Large-scale search efforts by authorities to find Lonzie wound down after Sunday, Aug. 2, ten days after he was originally reported missing by Ebron. On Monday, the toddler was added to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's list of unsolved Amber Alerts alongside 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

JSO Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney, in a media briefing on Aug. 3, implored the family and friends of Ebron to get him to tell the police what he knows. Hackney even asked Ebron himself to come forward with the location of Lonzie's body.

Order of Arrest and Commitment

*Media, Maps & Timeline* *No Discussion*

Rules Etiquette & Information

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3

The police statement is "He's got the shirt he had on when he called the police in his left hand".

He obviously knew he was going to sweat on that fast run back to the apt so he probably just took his shirt off so it wouldn't be covered in sweat when he called LE. It was probably the same shirt he had on when the roommate saw him before he left to ditch the car. I wonder if it was also the same shirt/outfit he had on when he dropped LL off at work and whether he had to wash it at 12:30pm for some reason.

He thinks he's smart. He turned off his phone and washed the clothes he was wearing during the time period that Lonzie went missing, possibly even Lonzie's outfit. Probably washed the car and anything else he could think of. So he turns up at the end of the night in the same clothes, same car and no evidence. Conveniently he claims that Lonzie is wearing only a diaper. No clothing to turn up if he's in water, which I think he is :(

MOO

Oh, ok. Thanks.

I wonder if he even knew about the injunction, because he wasn't suppose to be living with, or have any contact with Lonna. I can't see how LE could contact him to give him any paperwork if he had no address on record.

I wonder if he even knew about the injunction, because he wasn't suppose to be living with, or have any contact with Lonna. I can't see how LE could contact him to give him any paperwork if he had no address on record.

Good point.

I see what you're saying, but I would love to see her talk, and read her body language and statements.

I think the detectives already have. And it's probably best, based on some other circus type cases that never got solved, that it stays that way. It's the public's curiosity and the media's need to fulfill it that has screwed up a lot of high profile cases IMO. I think this is exactly the way the media and public should be used in a case. Chief Hackney and the JSO should be used as a model in future cases with a lot of public interest IMO.

MOO

Good point.

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-ne...nzie-barton-missing-charged-neglect-was-using

On July 6, she filed a court document that said she was afraid of him. On July 10, her sister requested an injunction against him.
Her request said Ebron’s ex-girlfriend sought shelter with a family member to escape him. He stalked them, the report alleged. He cracked the ribs of one his ex-girlfriend’s sisters, the injunction said, and he threatened the life of his ex-girlfriend’s 12-year-old niece.
He also raped his ex-girlfriend, the injunction alleged, when she went to his home to pick up her children July 1.
_______
So as of July 1st he was still seeing his kids, and if she went to his home, then they knew his address.

Regarding this:
It sounds like it is just the media trying to make a thing out of what Hackney said in the press conference.

THis is what Hackney said:
Q: Has Lonna lied to you at all? Or any other officers throughout this entire investigation from when she left Wacko's to when she got to the scene?
A: She's been receptive to our questions. Without going into great detail, she's been there when we needed her. She gotta had a lot to go on and a lot to deal with, but I said this yesterday, if there is somebody and that includes Lonna, that's associated with this and we can prove had something to do with this, they will go to jail.

I get it, but what about BEFORE she went to work. I still find it so odd that she last saw Lonzie at 8PM but didn't mention anything about him when she was being dropped off at work at 8:30PM. I don't believe ANYTHING Ebron has to say about anything.

That was filed by the ex girlfriend's sister, the media was confused at first between the ex and Lonna, as most everyone was then. http://jacksonville.com/breaking-ne...ion-protection-against-stalking-filed-against

Yes, I have never seen it reported that LB filed a charged against WRE; it was his ex-girlfriend. The article that Karinna posted is erroneous, IMO. It also says the press briefing was held July 3, when Lonzie wasn't even missing on that day. This is so frustrating because the 'facts' are confusing enough; shoddy journalism like this FCN article and the stupid tweet discussed up-thread are not helping.

Please note that I am not blaming anyone here, just the media.

The police statement is "He's got the shirt he had on when he called the police in his left hand".

My point was that I did not recall a shirt being mentioned as the article of clothing being different.

New to the case. Praying we recover Lonzie, even if to put him to rest. As for Ebron.... he is lucky I am not in his cell. Just saying.

My point was that I did not recall a shirt being mentioned as the article of clothing being different.

He didn't state what was different about his clothing.

Thanks for bringing the map over CP :tyou:

Thread 4, and still no Lonzie :( Please let this be the day WRE grows a bit of a conscience and tells LE where he is!! (Wishful thinking I know)

Yes, I have never seen it reported that LB filed a charged against WRE; it was his ex-girlfriend. The article that Karinna posted is erroneous, IMO. It also says the press briefing was held July 3, when Lonzie wasn't even missing on that day. This is so frustrating because the 'facts' are confusing enough; shoddy journalism like this FCN article and the stupid tweet discussed up-thread are not helping.

Please note that I am not blaming anyone here, just the media.

I guess FCN is not a reliable scource of info. then.

https://youtu.be/72dzV0OCZQQ

Press update 7/25
@1:00 mark Chief Hackney says "charged with 2 counts of Felony Child Neglect as it related to another child, not our missing child in this case."

I just wonder why RE had to run like that from the vehicle? Lonzie sure wasn't in it, so what was his hurry? And whether he was walking or running he would of been seen if that's what he was worried about. He wasn't far from home anyway, and it's not as if he was going to pick up his g/friend with his bogus 911 call.

I guess FCN is not a reliable scource of info. then.

I don't know. I'm not a local so I don't know which outlets are better. I just wanted to point out that they are reporting it differently than the other media outlets and I noticed another error. I apologize for singling out your post. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita