Chris Hyndman of Steven and Chris has died

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/christo...f-cbc-s-steven-and-chris-dead-at-49-1.3178833
Toronto police told CBC News on Tuesday that Hyndman, 49, was found without vital signs in an alleyway near the intersection of Queen Street and Broadview Avenue in Toronto shortly after 11 p.m. ET Monday.
christopher-hyndman-and-steven-sabados.jpg
Chris Hyndman, right, and Steven Sabados, at Harrismith Beach in Barbados. (CBC/Instagram)

Det. Terry Wray said police are not appealing for witnesses, though it remains a "completely open investigation." He added that police would not comment further until completing interviews.
Hyndman started the design company The Sabados Group with Steven Sabados, his off-screen partner and television co-host, in 1992. The pair went on to notable success with several programs, including the HGTV shows Chic with Steven and Chris, Design Rivals and Designer Guys.

Oh, how sad. He was found not far from where I live. I wonder what happened?

RIP Chris. :(

Chris will be missed by so many. My heart goes out to Steven, the Hyndman family, and all who knew and loved this wonderful person.

Rest in Peace dear Chris ... you were such a ray of sunshine in so many lives.
:rose: :rose: :rose:

Just found out this shocking and saddening news, it does not make any sense.
Condolences to Chris's family, friends, co-workers and fans.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/04/steven-and-chris-star-chris-hyndman-dead

"News of Hyndman's sudden passing drew condolences from several famous colleagues, including fellow design couple Colin McAllister and Justin Ryan who took to social media to express their sorrow.

"We are so saddened to hear of the passing of Chris Hyndman," the Scottish decorators posted on Facebook.

"Our deepest sympathies to Steven at this heart breaking time. And our condolences to Chris and Steven's families and friends."

CBC colleagues including "Murdoch Mysteries" star Yannick Bisson and comic Rick Mercer of "Rick Mercer Report" also weighed in online.

"So very sad to hear of the passing of Chris Hyndman. He was always laughing, always smiling. A great Newfoundland character," Mercer tweeted"

"The couple had just returned home to Toronto from Barbados Monday, according to a post on Instagram"

If it was suicide, then the tarp doesn't seem to make sense.... Is Heavy.com a reliable news source? (not trying to be snooty, I honestly don't know).

If it was suicide, then the tarp doesn't seem to make sense.... Is Heavy.com a reliable news source? (not trying to be snooty, I honestly don't know).

From this video, tarp is covering the ( at the time, unidentified body. )

http://www.680news.com/2015/08/04/body-found-in-riverdale-alley/

"An investigation is underway after a person was found dead in an alley in the city’s downtown core.

The body was found near Queen Street East and Broadview Avenue just after midnight on Tuesday morning"

When I saw the video with the cop looking up as well as the position of the body with the tarp, my immediate thought was that he jumped, fell or was pushed from a balcony above. When the cops said they weren't seeking witness', it makes me think this was a suicide.

When I saw the video with the cop looking up as well as the position of the body with the tarp, my immediate thought was that he jumped, fell or was pushed from a balcony above. When the cops said they weren't seeking witness', it makes me think this was a suicide.

My thoughts exactly.

Toronto police Const. Caroline de Kloet said Tuesday afternoon that "out of privacy the Toronto police will not discuss any matter unless there's a criminal element pertaining to a specific person."

Det. Terry Wray said earlier the investigation remains "completely open." He added that police would not comment further until completing interviews.

BBM. I wonder if that specific person is Steven? Kind of makes sense as he was probably the only person in that apartment. If his story checks out, its likely a suicide and the cops won't comment further. If his story doesn't check out, then we've got a mystery. The couple had just returned yesterday from Barbados.

It makes more sense if it was a suicide than if it was a murder. A murder would require them to collect evidence around the body and therefore they could not cover it. A suicide would not require the same care.

An alley seems like an unusual place to kill oneself. I'm thinking a cardiac arrest or an overdose.

An alley seems like an unusual place to kill oneself. I'm thinking a cardiac arrest or an overdose.

I haven't seen photos of the location, but perhaps he jumped/fell from a building and landed in the alley.

??

RIP.

The area he was found is shady/lot of crackheads and low income housing in the general vicinity of Queen/Broadview, although there are small pockets of well kept and renovated older buildings and new condos mixed with the run down, shabby homes and seedy apartment buildings. It's a weird neighborhood where you can be in a seedy area one minute and then see a nice new condo building literally a block later, although the seedyness still prevails above all, especially a few blocks west at Queen/Sherbourne. I am thinking maybe he went to score drugs and didn't want to get high in his apartment (maybe he was doing drugs on the downlow) and accidentally OD'd or had a heart attack... JMHO, obviously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back