1111 users online (223 members and 888 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FL - Voncile Smith, 77, & two sons brutally murdered, Pensacola, 28 July 2015

Witchcraft Suspected in Savage Murder of Family in Pensacola (WKRG)

Escambia County Deputies suspect witchcraft was a motivating factor in the savage murders of a mother and her two sons in Pensacola last week.

77-year-old Voncile Smith and her two sons, 49-year-old Richard Thomas Smith and 47-year-old John William Smith, were found dead on Friday morning.
    ---
    According to authorities, all three bodies were found beaten with claw hammers. All three had their throats slit, and Richard Smith was found with a gunshot wound to the head.

Authorities have evidence that led them to believe witchcraft was somehow involved in their deaths, saying it was a “ritualistic” act. Investigators noted that their murders occurred on the night of a blue moon, which is heavily referenced in witchcraft lore.
    ---
    more at links, with video

Sheriff: Triple murder may be tied to blue moon (PNJ)

investigators have spoken with a poi, who is a white male

Sheriff Cotton Mather said "It’s witchcraft, I’ll say that right now."

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Sheriff Cotton Mather said "It’s witchcraft, I’ll say that right now."
    Deputy Jonathan Edwards agreed with that assessment; and of course old Judge Hathorne is ready to try that case as soon as yesterday, and bring justice to the colonies in firmly deciding the guiltiness of the mather, er, matter.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Deputy Jonathan Edwards agreed with that assessment; and of course old Judge Hathorne is ready to try that case as soon as yesterday, and bring justice to the colonies in firmly deciding the guiltiness of the matter.
    Thanks, you guys.

Daily Mail, with video, three further links, and picture of "blue moon" at, of course, Pensacola Stonehenge:

Florida family murdered with a hammer in 'ritualistic killing
    involving witchcraft planned to coincide with the Blue Moon'

Authorities also say they believe the killings were meant to coincide with the Blue Moon, despite the fact that the lunar event occurred on Friday and the three were murdered Tuesday.
    Oops.

Authorities haven't released the identity of the so-called person of interest or detailed why they believe that person, who practices witchcraft, is tied to the case.
    "There are different factions of (witchcraft). While it doesn't bother me to release that particular thing, I most assuredly do not want to defame or demean any particular practice," Morgan said.

cnn;us/2015/08/05/florida-slayings-ritualistic-presser-bts.wear]http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/us/florida-slayings-ritualistic-witchcraft/index.html
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I'm curious about the different factions of witchcraft he mentioned. I know Wiccans who don't participate in ritualistic killings, and even cartoon witches don't kill people with hammers. Does he mean Santeria? Which I don't know a whole lot about but I don't believe it involves killing people with hammers and slitting their throats.

Daily Mail, with video, three further links, and picture of "blue moon" at, of course, Pensacola Stonehenge:

Florida family murdered with a hammer in 'ritualistic killing
    involving witchcraft planned to coincide with the Blue Moon'

Oops.
    Did Druids kill people with hammers? Hadn't thought of that.

I've "gotten hammered" with a couple Wiccans I know. Aside from a hangover the next day, though -- well, that's not illegal, even in Florida. Maybe especially in Florida.

FL - 'Witchcraft' caused savage triple murder, cops say

"Authorities also say they believe the killings were meant to coincide with the Blue Moon, despite the fact that the lunar eventoccurred on Friday and the three were murdered Tuesday."

Oops.
    According to the Associated Press, “The sheriff did not explain the discrepancy and his office did not return a telephone call seeking clarification.”
    And Gawker's further take on the matter:

Cops Say "Ritualistic" Triple Murder May Be Tied to Blue Moon, Witches

An elderly woman and her two sons were brutally murdered in their Pensacola, Florida, home last week in what police are calling a "Wiccan ritual killing."

http://www.people.com/article/florid...tied-blue-moon

ritualistic killings and the presence of a blue moon on the date bodies were found is apparently enough to draw the inference to Wicca. Some sicko decides to play satanist and now the Wiccan religion will get, once again, bad press because of it. MOO This will have absolutely nothing to do with Wicca and will either be someone seriously mentally ill or someone messing around with satanism.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

I have often heard LE 'predict' a killing was involved with Satanism or Witchcraft---but it usually ends up being FALSE, imo.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

The “ritualistic” element isn’t totally clear. Morgan told reporters that there was no evidence that a robbery had taken place, and when asked what led police to believe the killings were ritualistic, he said “The method of the murder — blunt force trauma, slit throats, positioning of bodies — and our person of interest has some ties to a faith or religion that is indicative of that.

http://gawker.com/cops-say-ritualist...blu-1722211117

I am truly puzzling over the positioning of the bodies and how that factors into deciding these killings were part of a Wiccan ritual.

Blunt force trauma and slit throats is a horribly violent method to kill someone but not a Wiccan thing?

Police described the crime scene as "very complex" and said the bodies had been positioned.
    Ready to know more.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33792568

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast