GUILTY FL - Voncile Smith, 77, & two sons brutally murdered, Pensacola, 28 July 2015 *Arrest*

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Witchcraft Suspected in Savage Murder of Family in Pensacola (WKRG)

Escambia County Deputies suspect witchcraft was a motivating factor in the savage murders of a mother and her two sons in Pensacola last week.

77-year-old Voncile Smith and her two sons, 49-year-old Richard Thomas Smith and 47-year-old John William Smith, were found dead on Friday morning.
---
According to authorities, all three bodies were found beaten with claw hammers. All three had their throats slit, and Richard Smith was found with a gunshot wound to the head.

Authorities have evidence that led them to believe witchcraft was somehow involved in their deaths, saying it was a “ritualistic” act. Investigators noted that their murders occurred on the night of a blue moon, which is heavily referenced in witchcraft lore.
---
more at links, with video

Sheriff: Triple murder may be tied to blue moon (PNJ)

investigators have spoken with a poi, who is a white male

Sheriff Cotton Mather said "It’s witchcraft, I’ll say that right now."

Sheriff Cotton Mather said "It’s witchcraft, I’ll say that right now."
Deputy Jonathan Edwards agreed with that assessment; and of course old Judge Hathorne is ready to try that case as soon as yesterday, and bring justice to the colonies in firmly deciding the guiltiness of the mather, er, matter.

Deputy Jonathan Edwards agreed with that assessment; and of course old Judge Hathorne is ready to try that case as soon as yesterday, and bring justice to the colonies in firmly deciding the guiltiness of the matter.

Thanks, you guys. :)

Authorities haven't released the identity of the so-called person of interest or detailed why they believe that person, who practices witchcraft, is tied to the case.
"There are different factions of (witchcraft). While it doesn't bother me to release that particular thing, I most assuredly do not want to defame or demean any particular practice," Morgan said.

cnn;us/2015/08/05/florida-slayings-ritualistic-presser-bts.wear]http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/us/florida-slayings-ritualistic-witchcraft/index.html

I'm curious about the different factions of witchcraft he mentioned. I know Wiccans who don't participate in ritualistic killings, and even cartoon witches don't kill people with hammers. Does he mean Santeria? Which I don't know a whole lot about but I don't believe it involves killing people with hammers and slitting their throats.

I've "gotten hammered" with a couple Wiccans I know. Aside from a hangover the next day, though -- well, that's not illegal, even in Florida. Maybe especially in Florida.

"Authorities also say they believe the killings were meant to coincide with the Blue Moon, despite the fact that the lunar eventoccurred on Friday and the three were murdered Tuesday."

Oops.
According to the Associated Press, “The sheriff did not explain the discrepancy and his office did not return a telephone call seeking clarification.”

And Gawker's further take on the matter:

Cops Say "Ritualistic" Triple Murder May Be Tied to Blue Moon, Witches

[FONT=brandon-grotesque, sans-serif]An elderly woman and her two sons were brutally murdered in their Pensacola, Florida, home last week in what police are calling a "Wiccan ritual killing." [/FONT]

http://www.people.com/article/florida-triple-murder-believed-ritualistic-killing-tied-blue-moon

[FONT=brandon-grotesque, sans-serif]:sigh: ritualistic killings and the presence of a blue moon on the date bodies were found is apparently enough to draw the inference to Wicca. Some sicko decides to play satanist and now the Wiccan religion will get, once again, bad press because of it. MOO This will have absolutely nothing to do with Wicca and will either be someone seriously mentally ill or someone messing around with satanism.

[/FONT]

I have often heard LE 'predict' a killing was involved with Satanism or Witchcraft---but it usually ends up being FALSE, imo.

The “ritualistic” element isn’t totally clear. Morgan told reporters that there was no evidence that a robbery had taken place, and when asked what led police to believe the killings were ritualistic, he said “The method of the murder — blunt force trauma, slit throats, positioning of bodies — and our person of interest has some ties to a faith or religion that is indicative of that.

http://gawker.com/cops-say-ritualistic-triple-murder-may-be-tied-to-blu-1722211117

I am truly puzzling over the positioning of the bodies and how that factors into deciding these killings were part of a Wiccan ritual.

Blunt force trauma and slit throats is a horribly violent method to kill someone but not a Wiccan thing?

PNJ ECSO press release Q & A:

Sheriff: Triple murders center around 'witchcraft'

Excerpt:

I have family members who are Pentecostal. They don’t strychnine and handle poisonous snakes, but there are sects in the Pentecostal faith that do. You can’t say all Pentecostals do this or all Pentecostals don’t do that. At this juncture until such time as we garner more evidence and this case progresses, then we’ll be fully preparing at that time to release that information.

So that clears that up *cough.

Deputy Jonathan Edwards agreed with that assessment; and of course old Judge Hathorne is ready to try that case as soon as yesterday, and bring justice to the colonies in firmly deciding the guiltiness of the mather, er, matter.
This is why I adore you, wfgodot. Not just a voice of reason, but a voice of wit and humor. It's not the first time I've caught you well-read-handed.

In all seriousness I just saw a clip about this case on Nancy Grace, and I don't know the last time I have seen such phenomenally irresponsible reporting. Is it the 90s? Are we going to (West) Memphis? wtf.

The persistent myth that Wiccans practice ritual murder is something that should have been consigned to the dustbin of history by now, along with the old myth that Jews kidnap Christian children to kill them and use their blood for the Passover feast.

Pfffft, nah, that's Vikings. Who knows? Maybe some longships landed on Pensacola Beach recently. And we all know what that means: roving bands of white males.

*Snort*

Druids sacrificed with the threefold death - poison, strangulation, and drowning. From bog bodies discovered so far, it is assumed to be sons of nobles who *volunteered* for the honor. Unless you were a Roman, of course. Romans were strung up to oak trees, disemboweled, and burned alive.

Vikings, well, they seemed to be pretty fond of the Blood Eagle (google at your own risk) or your common or garden variety strangulation of the serving maids, followed by a fiery send off to Valhalla on your ship - if you were a big-wig, of course.

Casting my mind over various assassins in history, I can't immediately bring to mind any that have to rely on hammers, cut throats, and a bullet.

*** I know I'm being lighthearted here, and please believe I'm not in any way disrespecting the victims of this horrible crime. But. But. WTF is this Sheriff thinking? This is, as someone said, like Memphis all over again.

IDC if the POI is a guy who wears all black, listens to Marilyn Manson 24-7, and thinks he's a non-sparkly vampire! He may well be, and he may well be mad as a hatter, but to come out and blame a perfectly respectable belief system??? Would he have said Christianity was to blame? Islam? Sikhs? Yeah, I think not.

TBH if he was my Sheriff I'd be voting him out of office as soon as I could.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back