1227 users online (261 members and 966 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

AL - Jettie Adams, 3, beaten to death, mom & BF charged, Trafford, 3 Aug 2015

http://m.myfoxal.com/myfoxal/db_3689...tguid=R2E6cOsZ

She died from blunt force trauma, causing severe internal injuries including to her intestines. Jerry Talley, 39, & Misty Wright, 23, have been arrested and charged in this case.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

She is a beautiful little girl, one praise is that she's safe in the arms of God now and can't be hurt anymore. Hope these people (not calling them parents) never see the light of day again.

jettie-adams-collage-f6e564a7fb0d429f.jpg

The injuries, said Chief Deputy Randy Christian, are consistent with repeated blows to the chest, abdomen and head. Wright and Talley were initially booked in on charges of aggravated child abuse with severe injuries, but those charges are expected to be upgraded to capital murder for one, if not both, Christian said.

SNIP

"She was hit was such force her intestines were damaged,'' Christian said. And she didn't die instantly. Likely, he said, she was feeling ill and went out on to the porch to lie down on the mattress and stayed there all night, without any adult checking on her. "It's the saddest case I can recall,'' he said.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...from_repe.html

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

This is the one of the saddest things I have ever heard. This baby died alone, in pain, laying on a mattress on the front porch, in the wee hours of the night in a pool of her own vomit. Hell is not hot enough.

It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have.~~James A. Baldwin

Poor baby. I agree, hell is not hot enough for these two. Fly high with the other angels, Jettie. No more pain, little one.
    Justice for Trayvon

What a sweet little face. I don't usually cry, just get disgusted, but when I saw her I had tears. She looks like she was loved, so how did she end up like this. I hope this mother realizes what she has done.

I don't understand. I've read the article five times now and I don't understand.

How is this possible? What gets into a person? What gets into TWO people?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I don't understand. I've read the article five times now and I don't understand.

How is this possible? What gets into a person? What gets into TWO people?
    I think the Devil gets into them. And that man...his eyes look evil and he looks like a drugged-up

Capital murder charges have now been filed in the brutal beating death of a Trafford toddler found unconscious on a mattress in her own vomit Monday morning.
    Talley is being held in protective custody at the county jail. Wright is in the general population. She won't be let out for her daughter's funeral without a judge's order. Court records show Jettie's 35-year-old biological father is being held on a probation violation charge in the Shelby County Jail. It's not clear whether he will be released for the services either.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...rged_with.html

Jettie’s mother’s cousin Candace Noriega said the family was blindsided by her death, and even more blindsided by how it happened.

“Misty’s estranged from the family, she’s been for a little while, and there was no indication that these horrifying events were going on or we would have stopped them,” Noriega said.
    Noriega said Misty Wright only had two biological children, Jettie and her sister. The other children taken from the home were Johnathan Talley’s biological children.

http://wiat.com/2015/08/07/jettie-ra...family-speaks/

Poor little baby girl. RIP Jettie.

Sounds so much like Juliette....
    At least Jettie has an arrest already and real hope of justice.

Sad. The only silver lining here (and there always is a small silver lining in a tragedy) is that the other children are now free of these adults, and have a chance to live in a safe environment.

My guess is the man beat this child to death while her mother cowered somewhere, doing nothing to help. Fairly formula.

September 2015 hearing:

4-year-old girl, who also lived in the trailer, told investigators that Talley would discipline Jettie by choking her. One time Talley picked Jettie up by the throat, the girl reported.

A 15-year-old boy reported he frequently visited the trailer and almost every time Talley would discipline Jettie for wetting or soiling herself, House said. Talley also called Jettie names including "*****," the teen told investigators. Talley also picked the girl up by the neck and threw her onto a couch, the teen reported.

The teen also told them about one time Jettie had gone to her mother in another room and complained about being disciplined and she came out crying, House said. The teen said one of the girls in the house told him later that Jettie's mother had kicked her in the ribs and told her not to bother her, the detective said...

A rape kit was conducted but testing on it has not been completed, House said.
    http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...irls_fata.html

Wright and Talley were arrested and originally charged with aggravated child abuse. The charges were later upgraded to capital murder. If convicted, the two could receive the death penalty.
    http://m.wvtm13.com/news/trafford-co...court/35078710

Trial dates have been set for this fall for a Trafford woman and her boyfriend in the 2015 brutal beating death of 3-year-old Jettie Ray Adams.

Misty Lynn Wright and her boyfriend Johnathan Talley pleaded not guilty during an arraignment Monday before Jefferson County Circuit Judge Tommy Nail. Both are charged with capital murder (death of a person under the age of 14) in indictments issued in April by a grand jury.

(...)

Nail set Talley's trial to begin Oct. 31 followed by Wright's trial on Nov. 14
    http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...other_boy.html