GA - Woman kidnapped during ATM robbery in Atlanta - Found Safe

This article describes some of the women being pulled out of the car:

After robbing the woman, the gunmen pulled the driver of the white Toyota Camry that the women were in into the back seat and forced the third woman out of the car, then drove away, holding the vehicle’s driver at gunpoint in the back seat.

But.

This reporter's been told the women didn't even know the name of the kidnapped female driver whose car they were in:

Audrey Washington (@AudreyWSBTV) tweeted at 5 Aug 15:

Update: Police tell me, 2 women in the car with kidnapping victim did not know her full name. They've been questioned and released. @wsbtv (https://twitter.com/AudreyWSBTV/status/628899784309518336?s=17)

I'm thinking this was could be a set-up and the woman driver just possibly isn't a kidnap victim at all?

A few things don't add up to me.

Why would anybody be in a car with a woman whose full name they don't know, going to deposit cash that early in the morning?

Why did the kidnappers just kidnap the driver and not the other women? They put her in the backseat so they didn't need her to drive.

Why would robbers kidnap a victim anyway? If it was a sexual motive, why leave the other women behind?

Why would anybody be in a car with a woman whose full name they don't know, going to deposit cash that early in the morning?

Why did the kidnappers just kidnap the driver and not the other women? They put her in the backseat so they didn't need her to drive.

Why would robbers kidnap a victim anyway? If it was a sexual motive, why leave the other women behind?

BBM: Bar/restaurant workers, office cleaners, strippers, there are a lot of job-related reasons.

Edit: if the woman driver was the one making the deposit, the kidnappers could have followed her from her place of work and assumed she might have access to more cash. Or, who knows, maybe one woman is easier to control than three.

That car should be pretty easy to find, you would think

rsbm

So they have leverage via a "hostage" should LE descend upon them, jmo.

I hope they let her go. :(

search continuing but there's not an awful lot of news out there, considering a woman's been kidnapped at gunpoint.

WSB-TV (@wsbtv) tweeted at 5 Aug 15:

Search continues for woman kidnapped by armed men at Forest Park ATM. Latest on investigation on Channel 2 at Noon. pic.twitter.com/fUSbBrFjJE (https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/628956059814789120?s=17)

Maybe they do?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back