GUILTY OH - Chelsea Martinez, 24, Columbus, 30 July 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Chelsea Martinez
chelsea-martinez-missing-ohio-woman.jpg

Sheriff: Missing Ohio Woman’s Car Found In Rice County
The Rice County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help to find a missing Ohio woman.

A deputy found an abandoned car Monday night in a parking lot at Shagger Park on Cannon Lake. When they ran the plates, they discovered the car belonged to 24-year-old Chelsea Martinez from Columbus, Ohio.

Martinez was reported missing in Ohio on July 30, so troopers and volunteers searched the area Monday night and Tuesday morning to no avail.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/08/04/sheriff-missing-ohio-womans-car-found-in-rice-co/

Reactions: d4j
Oh wow. She looks so young for 24. I hope she is found and that she didn't harm herself in any way like that article suggested.

Confusing. She was reported missing on July 30, but made statements on August 1 that she wanted to harm herself. So somehow, she was still communicating after being reported missing, or is that just an error in the story?

I can't find any reference on the internet to "Shagger Park" except in articles that relate to her car being found there. I wonder if that's an error also? Noodling around on social media, it seems she was in a troubled marriage.

It is actually Shager Park in Fairbault, MN, which is south of the Twin Cities:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...42,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x99feba4b71f441cd

It appears she was reported missing on the 30th by someone back in Ohio. It would take a good day of driving to get from Ohio to where her car was located. She could have still been in contact with someone via her phone to indicate her intention was suicide on Aug 1.

So why Fairbault? Her SM doesn't have much sign of depression and I am not able to find anyone connected to her from MN (yet). That is a very large body of water - PD have their work cut out for them.

The park is close to Interstate 35 (runs from Duluth, MN to San Antonio, TX) but on the other side of Faribault (a smaller city way south of the Twin Cities). There are homes on the lake but it is in farm country.

The link I posted above was updated since the press conference. It seems the man arrested earlier is connected as he led police to her body.

"He was cooperative and led us to the body," said Dunn, who noted the suspect was arrested just after noon on Friday.
Dunn said the body was found in Warsaw Township in a wooded area south of Hwy. 60 across from Shager Park. The body has been taken to Hennepin County Medical Examiner for positive identification.
http://www.southernminn.com/faribault_daily_news/article_7fee8552-1257-525f-abd5-c0b70e83e312.html

RIP Chelsea :rose:

Oh my! I wonder if this was random? She looks too pretty and so well put together to have had any type of connection to this guy.

Oh, wow, my husband's family is from Faribault, it's a little farming town.

This is really out if my league - Experience Project...Vampires. She has discussed suicide to others. Maybe she asked for help.

This is really out if my league - Experience Project...Vampires. She has discussed suicide to others. Maybe she asked for help.

EP has been around for quite a while, around the same time as Myspace and Facebook. It's a social networking site but different in the sense that you network with others who share the same life experiences as you. For instance, I have an account there and belong to a few groups dealing with panic disorder and anxiety. There are literally tons of groups for various life experiences, such as rape, bullying, divorce, losing a loved one, suicide, depression. Then you also have the things like I'm obsessed with vampires, kinky sex, and other really bizarre things. You can blog, share stories, or just respond to stories and group posts. You can make friends (they call them "fans") I have found it therapeutic when I was really active there. BUT... there are a LOT of creepy people on there. I've been on there maybe 5 years or so and have seen more than my fair share of them. I never give my real name or location, although many do. And just like any other social networking site, while I'd never consider meeting someone in person, there are many that actually do.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3875095.shtml?cat=127
Bail has been set at $1 million for the 39-year-old man accused of killing an Ohio woman who was reported missing earlier this month.

The body of 26-year-old Chelsea Martinez of Columbus, Ohio, was found Friday in a wooded area near Shager Park, south of Highway 60 in Rice County, near where her vehicle was discovered earlier in the week.

Criminal complaint: http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/Scanned1.pdf

RIP Chelsea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni