1143 users online (250 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

LA - Louise Lamona Romero, 52, Starks, 14 January 1992

This post is for the very gorgeous Londonrraine. I hope this helps.

Louise "Dottie" Lamona Romero

Missing, but NEVER forgotten - Missing since 1992

Louise "Dottie" Lamona Romero was last seen in Starks, Louisiana in the area of the 4000 block of Smith Cut Off Road in Starks, Louisiana on January 14, 1992.

Few are details available in this missing person's case

Missing since:1992-01-12
    Date of Birth:1939-12-24
    Eye color:hazel
    Hair color:brown
    Height:66 inches
    Weight:185 pounds
    Dental Records:Unavailable
    DNA Records:Available
    FACES Case #:346
    Agency Case #:92-002416
    Alt. Case #:M539436480
    Agency:Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office
    Agency Phone:337-491-3600
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Cold Case: 1992 disappearance of Louise Romero

Since 1992, the daughters of Louise "Dottie" Romero have searched for answers, and come to their own conclusions about the case. The family sat down with KPLC to share their mother's story in hopes of learning new information about her disappearance.

"The house was staged I could tell," said Brindley, "It was nothing like my mom would ever do."

Brindley and LaFleur say a Bible was laid open on the coffee table with mugs sitting out. Romero's daughters say family pictures were in unusual places in the living room as if someone else had redecorated.
    One of the few people interviewed in the original investigation was a witness who claims to have seen Romero.

"Last seen a couple of days before, running down the road, in the middle of the night, during a rainstorm, and hadn't been seen since," said Vezinot.

That sighting sparks even more questions for Romero's daughters, and has led them to create their own theories as to what may have happened.

"Somewhere up in them woods is my mother's body," said Connie LaFleur without a doubt in her mind.

Puerto Rico
    Investigators knew Romero had gone missing for brief periods in the past, and believed this was another short-term disappearance. Looking back on the case, 24 years later, knowing what detectives know now, the case would have been handled differently.
    Early Alzheimer's?

Reports of family and financial issues have surfaced, causing tension among those Romero left behind. Brindley and LaFleur are even willing to say who they believe may have been involved.
    Inheritance disputes maybe? with a brother or any other family member who thought could benefit from something?