TN - Man injured in hatchet attack in Antioch movie theater, 5 Aug 2015

I don't understand these things at all, terrible :prayer:

NewsChannel 5 (@NC5): https://twitter.com/NC5?s=09

Don Aaron w/ MNPD speaking to the media now. Says officer response was swift.

MNPD: Gunman is deceased and they believe the threat is over.

MNPD: The gunman had 2 backpacks. Those backpacks are being investigated by officials for any additional threat.

UPDATE:

According to CNN Gunman is dead. He had two pack-backs that police are checking out along with a hatchet

CNN : person may have suffered a hatchet wound. The movie "Mad Max" was playing

WSMV-TV, Nashville (@WSMV): https://twitter.com/WSMV?s=09

UPDATE: Metro Police spokesman says suspect entered theater around 1:15 p.m. with gun and hatchet, one person may have suffered wounds.

Gunman opened fire on South Precinct officer, who returned fire. SWAT Team later engaged gunman.

The gunman is deceased, but police say he had 2 backpacks. Police working to make sure nothing was left inside theater.

What is wrong with these people?
I'm glad they got this person.

I wonder what LE will find in his car ( if he had one ) or his home.

Crazy messed up people. Why Why Why

Subject used pepper spray on 3 people per Fire Department speaker.

No one is going to the hospital for pepper spray incident.

Per RN @ Vanderbilt Outpatient Hematology/Oncology Pediatric Unit: Gunman was killed by police, after he fired on police.

He did not shoot at anyone except one polliceman. He did release possibly pepper spray in the theater. He hung out near the backdoor behind the Sprint store for a number of hours prior to the incident at the theater. Shep Smith talked with the people at Sprint who saw the guy early on.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-31...gun-hatchet-opens-fire-screening-Mad-Max.html

One person was said to have been wounded by the hatchet in the attack

It comes just two weeks after John Russell Houser open fired in a Lafayette, Louisiana, theater - killing two people and injuring nine

Police spokesman Don Aaron said the actions of the officer who shot the man likely saved many lives.

Hoping the injured will be o.k.!!
NOT going to mourn the death of this twisted monster.

Starting to think going to see a movie is maybe not worth it ; it's very rare that this happens, but for the lunatic mind out there--- it's like a prime target, with people there in great numbers and unarmed.
No one expects to be attacked in this type of situation. :(

Sorry, but with the Holmes sentencing happening now..... this is just too much. I'm thankful there will be no trial for this perp.

:moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back