815 users online (125 members and 690 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NC - Isabel Calvo Palacios, 20, Wilson, 31 July 2015 *G. Parks guilty*

Isabel Calvo Palacios

POLICE: MISSING WOMAN LAST SEEN AT HOME OF FELON
    Wilson police detectives are searching for a missing 20-year-old woman who they say was last seen at the home of a convicted felon.

More than 24 hours after Isabel Calvo Palacios was reported missing to the Wilson Police Dept., officers were still on the scene at 4710 Ward Blvd.

Parks spoke with ABC11 by phone Wednesday. He said he had nothing to do with Palacios's disappearance. He said she spent the night at his home and couldn't find her car keys the next morning, so he allowed her to leave her vehicle at his house.

Greg Parks
    http://abc11.com/news/police-missing...-felon/904929/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

http://www.wilsontimes.com/News/Feat...ng-20-year-old

"Palacios was last seen by friends at 4710 Ward Blvd. on Friday afternoon, said Wilson Police Sgt. Eric Kearney.

Detectives obtained a search warrant for the home, he said. Detectives and forensic personnel began searching the residence shortly after 9 p.m. on Tuesday.

Personnel are still actively searching the home and will remain there for an extended period of time, Kearney said.

Police are searching beyond the Ward Boulevard location as well. N.C. K-9 Emergency Response Team assisted in the search Tuesday night at the request of the police department."

And...

"A Wilson County jury convicted Parks, 55, on two counts of participating in prostitution of a minor in February 2013. Superior Court

Judge Quentin Sumner sentenced Parks to 127 months to 165 months in prison for each count.

If he had served his full sentence, Parks’ release was projected to be April 2, 2034. The Court of Appeals overturned the convictions, citing insufficient evidence. He was released in July of 2014.

Parks has previous convictions ranging from manslaughter to attempted first- and second-degree rape."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This definitely does not sound good. In this article it says she was last seen on Friday by friends, now five days later & nothing.
    These posts are In My Opinion only!

4710 Ward Blvd

http://goo.gl/maps/vK6ZY

A map where they are searching & she was last seen.

Why in the world was she sleeping at a 56 year old man's house-especially considering Park's claim that they "we're not close friends, just associates" (per the abc news link in first post).

https://m.facebook.com/1269153606771...815247/?type=1

Wilson, North Carolina Police Department Facebook page

"I allowed her to leave her car there and I explained that to the police."

Just something about the way he worded that is setting off alarm bells. She spent the night and must have driven her car there, right? So where are the keys now? Did she leave on foot?

I don't know. I don't like this.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    May I have a mod change the missing date to presumably last Friday, please? I really do appreciate ALL of the mods great.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This is very worrisome. So this beautiful 20 yr old sleeps at this 56 yr old felons home, wakes up, supposedly, and cannot find her keys? So she leaves her car there? How did she leave then? Didn't she call friends or family for a ride or a spare key? Hinky Meter on high alert!
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I guess it's none of our business what she was doing there, but it seems clear that she was in fact there on Friday afternoon since her friends saw her.

This whole thing is baffling. Although this prostitution thing seemed to lack enough evidence, he's also been convicted of a lot of felonies. What is this guy doing out on the streets, living in a neighborhood?

I don't believe - for a moment - that she woke up, couldn't find her keys and took off on foot.

this girl puts herself out there like she is hanging around the wrong ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingazer View Post

sounds to me like A. his house is the party spot and/or B. he is still pimping.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    This is very worrisome. So this beautiful 20 yr old sleeps at this 56 yr old felons home, wakes up, supposedly, and cannot find her keys? So she leaves her car there? How did she leave then? Didn't she call friends or family for a ride or a spare key? Hinky Meter on high alert!

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    sounds to me like A. his house is the party spot and/or B. he is still pimping.
    Maybe there was a party and one of the other partygoers left with/took her keys. So when she woke up her car was there and her keys were gone... GP said sure, leave your car here. I mean he "allowed" her to leave her car there. And then... ? Maybe she left on foot and someone who just happened to know she didn't have her keys followed her.

this may be true as well! i just find it suspect a 50 something guy w a history of pimping is placing himself around young ppl. this is not specualtion about the victim, i think this guy is trying to play "cool guy" and grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Maybe there was a party and one of the other partygoers left with/took her keys. So when she woke up her car was there and her keys were gone... GP said sure, leave your car here. I mean he "allowed" her to leave her car there. And then... ? Maybe she left on foot and someone who just happened to know she didn't have her keys followed her.

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    this may be true as well! i just find it suspect a 50 something guy w a history of pimping is placing himself around young ppl. this is not specualtion about the victim, i think this guy is trying to play "cool guy" and grooming.
    Whatever the reason it's creepy and sounds potentially dangerous.

And, yeah, with this guy's past maybe it was exactly like you said - a grooming/recruiting thing.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast