NC NC - Isabel Calvo Palacios, 20, Wilson, 31 July 2015 *G. Parks guilty*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Isabel Calvo Palacios
chavelidfdf.jpg

POLICE: MISSING WOMAN LAST SEEN AT HOME OF FELON
Wilson police detectives are searching for a missing 20-year-old woman who they say was last seen at the home of a convicted felon.

More than 24 hours after Isabel Calvo Palacios was reported missing to the Wilson Police Dept., officers were still on the scene at 4710 Ward Blvd.

Parks spoke with ABC11 by phone Wednesday. He said he had nothing to do with Palacios's disappearance. He said she spent the night at his home and couldn't find her car keys the next morning, so he allowed her to leave her vehicle at his house.
904874_630x354.jpg

Greg Parks
http://abc11.com/news/police-missing-woman-last-seen-at-home-of-felon/904929/

http://www.wilsontimes.com/News/Feature/Story/37873837---Search-continues-missing-20-year-old

"Palacios was last seen by friends at 4710 Ward Blvd. on Friday afternoon, said Wilson Police Sgt. Eric Kearney.

Detectives obtained a search warrant for the home, he said. Detectives and forensic personnel began searching the residence shortly after 9 p.m. on Tuesday.

Personnel are still actively searching the home and will remain there for an extended period of time, Kearney said.

Police are searching beyond the Ward Boulevard location as well. N.C. K-9 Emergency Response Team assisted in the search Tuesday night at the request of the police department."

And...

"A Wilson County jury convicted Parks, 55, on two counts of participating in prostitution of a minor in February 2013. Superior Court

Judge Quentin Sumner sentenced Parks to 127 months to 165 months in prison for each count.

If he had served his full sentence, Parks’ release was projected to be April 2, 2034. The Court of Appeals overturned the convictions, citing insufficient evidence. He was released in July of 2014.

Parks has previous convictions ranging from manslaughter to attempted first- and second-degree rape."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This definitely does not sound good. In this article it says she was last seen on Friday by friends, now five days later & nothing.

Why in the world was she sleeping at a 56 year old man's house-especially considering Park's claim that they "we're not close friends, just associates" (per the abc news link in first post).

"I allowed her to leave her car there and I explained that to the police."

Just something about the way he worded that is setting off alarm bells. She spent the night and must have driven her car there, right? So where are the keys now? Did she leave on foot?

I don't know. I don't like this. :(

May I have a mod change the missing date to presumably last Friday, please? I really do appreciate ALL of the mods great.

This is very worrisome. So this beautiful 20 yr old sleeps at this 56 yr old felons home, wakes up, supposedly, and cannot find her keys? So she leaves her car there? How did she leave then? Didn't she call friends or family for a ride or a spare key? Hinky Meter on high alert!

I guess it's none of our business what she was doing there, but it seems clear that she was in fact there on Friday afternoon since her friends saw her.

This whole thing is baffling. Although this prostitution thing seemed to lack enough evidence, he's also been convicted of a lot of felonies. What is this guy doing out on the streets, living in a neighborhood?

I don't believe - for a moment - that she woke up, couldn't find her keys and took off on foot.

sounds to me like A. his house is the party spot and/or B. he is still pimping.

This is very worrisome. So this beautiful 20 yr old sleeps at this 56 yr old felons home, wakes up, supposedly, and cannot find her keys? So she leaves her car there? How did she leave then? Didn't she call friends or family for a ride or a spare key? Hinky Meter on high alert!

sounds to me like A. his house is the party spot and/or B. he is still pimping.

Maybe there was a party and one of the other partygoers left with/took her keys. So when she woke up her car was there and her keys were gone... GP said sure, leave your car here. I mean he "allowed" her to leave her car there. And then... ? Maybe she left on foot and someone who just happened to know she didn't have her keys followed her.

this may be true as well! i just find it suspect a 50 something guy w a history of pimping is placing himself around young ppl. this is not specualtion about the victim, i think this guy is trying to play "cool guy" and grooming.

Maybe there was a party and one of the other partygoers left with/took her keys. So when she woke up her car was there and her keys were gone... GP said sure, leave your car here. I mean he "allowed" her to leave her car there. And then... ? Maybe she left on foot and someone who just happened to know she didn't have her keys followed her.

this may be true as well! i just find it suspect a 50 something guy w a history of pimping is placing himself around young ppl. this is not specualtion about the victim, i think this guy is trying to play "cool guy" and grooming.

Whatever the reason it's creepy and sounds potentially dangerous.

And, yeah, with this guy's past maybe it was exactly like you said - a grooming/recruiting thing.

Family holding out hope for missing 20-year-old woman
The family of a missing Nash County woman continues to hold out hope that she will be found safe.

Wilson police say Isabel Calvo Palacios was reporting missing Tuesday, but was last seen by friends at a home on Ward Boulevard Friday afternoon.

The man who lives at that address, Greg Parks, is a convicted felon who says he is cooperating with police.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/...g-20-year-old-320773941.html?device=phone&c=y

But the problem with that theory, IMO, is that she didn't call any of her friends. [ apparently.] My daughter would have been blowing up her phone calling around for a ride from her friends if she lost her car keys and had to walk somewhere. I think most 20 yr olds would have called friends for a ride in that situation. JMO

Investigation for missing woman moves to Gregory Parks home; police obtain search warrant
Detectives obtained a search warrant for the home, he said. Detectives and forensic personnel began searching the residence shortly after 9 p.m. on Tuesday.

Personnel are still actively searching the home and will remain there for an extended period of time, Kearney said.

Police are searching beyond the Ward Boulevard location as well. N.C. K-9 Emergency Response Team assisted in the search Tuesday night at the request of the police department.
A Wilson County jury convicted Parks, 55, on two counts of participating in prostitution of a minor in February 2013.
Parks has previous convictions ranging from manslaughter to attempted first- and second-degree rape.
He sounds like quite a gem.
http://www.wilsontimes.com/News/Feature/Story/37873837---Search-continues-missing-20-year-old

But the problem with that theory, IMO, is that she didn't call any of her friends. [ apparently.] My daughter would have been blowing up her phone calling around for a ride from her friends if she lost her car keys and had to walk somewhere. I think most 20 yr olds would have called friends for a ride in that situation. JMO

I would think so too but I'm not so familiar with this particular type of party.

Did she have her phone? Maybe she was offered a ride/abducted (possibly by someone who took her keys) before she had a chance to make any calls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back