929 users online (119 members and 810 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Family holding out hope for missing 20-year-old woman
    The family of a missing Nash County woman continues to hold out hope that she will be found safe.

Wilson police say Isabel Calvo Palacios was reporting missing Tuesday, but was last seen by friends at a home on Ward Boulevard Friday afternoon.

The man who lives at that address, Greg Parks, is a convicted felon who says he is cooperating with police.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/P...vice=phone&c=y
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

following
    Liars, even when they speak the truth, are not believed. Aristotle 384-322 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Maybe there was a party and one of the other partygoers left with/took her keys. So when she woke up her car was there and her keys were gone... GP said sure, leave your car here. I mean he "allowed" her to leave her car there. And then... ? Maybe she left on foot and someone who just happened to know she didn't have her keys followed her.
    But the problem with that theory, IMO, is that she didn't call any of her friends. [ apparently.] My daughter would have been blowing up her phone calling around for a ride from her friends if she lost her car keys and had to walk somewhere. I think most 20 yr olds would have called friends for a ride in that situation. JMO
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Investigation for missing woman moves to Gregory Parks home; police obtain search warrant
    Detectives obtained a search warrant for the home, he said. Detectives and forensic personnel began searching the residence shortly after 9 p.m. on Tuesday.

Personnel are still actively searching the home and will remain there for an extended period of time, Kearney said.

Police are searching beyond the Ward Boulevard location as well. N.C. K-9 Emergency Response Team assisted in the search Tuesday night at the request of the police department.
    A Wilson County jury convicted Parks, 55, on two counts of participating in prostitution of a minor in February 2013.
    Parks has previous convictions ranging from manslaughter to attempted first- and second-degree rape.
    He sounds like quite a gem.
    http://www.wilsontimes.com/News/Feat...ng-20-year-old

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    But the problem with that theory, IMO, is that she didn't call any of her friends. [ apparently.] My daughter would have been blowing up her phone calling around for a ride from her friends if she lost her car keys and had to walk somewhere. I think most 20 yr olds would have called friends for a ride in that situation. JMO
    I would think so too but I'm not so familiar with this particular type of party.

Did she have her phone? Maybe she was offered a ride/abducted (possibly by someone who took her keys) before she had a chance to make any calls.

I would think so too but I'm not so familiar with this particular type of party.

Did she have her phone? Maybe she was offered a ride/abducted (possibly by someone who took her keys) before she had a chance to make any calls.
    What makes you think she left or had a chance to call?

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    What makes you think she left or had a chance to call?
    I'm not saying anything did or didn't happen, just looking at possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I did read somewhere that Parks said after she couldn't find her keys, she called some friends, they picked her up, BUT, he didn't know where they were headed. Yea, RIGHT. I don't believe a word he says. He knows EXACTLY where she is!!
    I will try to look for the article later, I know I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by simlyme View Post
    I did read somewhere that Parks said after she couldn't find her keys, she called some friends, they picked her up, BUT, he didn't know where they were headed. Yea, RIGHT. I don't believe a word he says. He knows EXACTLY where she is!!
    I will try to look for the article later, I know I read that.
    I believe he's the reason she couldn't find her keys.

If there's any truth to that part....

Heres the link to where Parks says she called someone to pick her up & MORE. LIAR!!!!

http://www.wral.com/police-searching...lson/14813161/

Parks said he and Palacios were partying the night before she went missing.

“We were friends,” he said. “We were having a little fun.”

Parks said Palacios left his house Friday afternoon around 2:30 p.m. Palacios allegedly told Parks she was planning to meet someone, but she didn’t specify who she was meeting.

“She left my house. We couldn’t find her keys," Parks said. "She asked me if she could leave her car. I said it would be safe. Nobody is going to bother your stuff there.”

Palacios called someone to pick her up, according to Parks.

"I gave them [police] all the information that I had," Parks said. "I don’t know their habits, as far as where she was going, who she was meeting."

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Family members continue search for missing 20-year-old

Read more at http://www.wral.com/police-searching...iYG271PUSbD.99
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by simlyme View Post
    Heres the link to where Parks says she called someone to pick her up & MORE. LIAR!!!!

http://www.wral.com/police-searching...lson/14813161/

Parks said he and Palacios were partying the night before she went missing.

“We were friends,” he said. “We were having a little fun.”

Parks said Palacios left his house Friday afternoon around 2:30 p.m. Palacios allegedly told Parks she was planning to meet someone, but she didn’t specify who she was meeting.

“She left my house. We couldn’t find her keys," Parks said. "She asked me if she could leave her car. I said it would be safe. Nobody is going to bother your stuff there.”

Palacios called someone to pick her up, according to Parks.

"I gave them [police] all the information that I had," Parks said. "I don’t know their habits, as far as where she was going, who she was meeting."
    The detectives will quickly know if that was a lie by looking at her phone records.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

anything on this?

Nothing new on this case that I can find in MSM.
    These posts are In My Opinion only!

"I allowed her to leave her car there and I explained that to the police."

Just something about the way he worded that is setting off alarm bells. She spent the night and must have driven her car there, right? So where are the keys now? Did she leave on foot?

I don't know. I don't like this.
    Yeah, right. I am really believing that story!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast