1377 users online (217 members and 1160 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Isabel has been added to NamUs.
    Case Information
    Status Missing
    First name Isabel
    Middle name Calvo
    Last name Palacios
    Nickname/Alias Chaveli
    Date last seen July 31, 2015 00:00
    Date entered 09/01/2015
    Age last seen 20 to years old
    Age now 20 years old
    Race White
    Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
    Sex Female
    Height (inches) 62.0
    Weight (pounds) 100.0 to 110.0
    Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
    DNA Status: Initial inquiry underway
    Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/30039

he is seeking bail. she still has not been fond, but LE found "evidence" so im assuming maybe a large amount of blood somewhere within the house or car. they have not said. knives are his weapon of choice in the past.

http://www.wilsontimes.com/News/Feat...elease-on-bond

Bond was raised to $1 million Monday.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/bond-raised-for-...7J8Xx1I8jFi.99

Parks was convicted by a Wilson County jury in 2013 on two counts of participating in the prostitution of a minor. He was released from prison after the North Carolina Court of Appeals overturned the convictions, citing lack of evidence.

He has several other previous convictions, including manslaughter and attempted first-degree and second-degree rape.

Court Date for Parks, body still not recovered/found
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was thinking about her the other day. what can he have done w her? I really wish they could find her. her family needs closure.

Quote Originally Posted by infamous.rider View Post

Court Date for Parks, body still not recovered/found

There's a new court date listed: June 5, 2017. I couldn't find any other info on Isabel's case or Parks' previous court date.

I was just about to post/paste what you posted for us above. Thanks for posting it! We've been looking all over for something, anything about this for weeks.

Although it is "Superior Court" -- the arena of trials in NC Courts, it does not always mean a trial will occur on that date. Sometimes it is just an on-the-record session for discussing motions, evidence, scheduling for a trial, etc., etc. We'll see. The timing is about right for a trial, however -- it usually takes about 2 years between arrest & actual trial. Let's hope this is the real thing.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...os_isabel.html

bump this up. I always wonder where he put her. anything on courts? there is NOTHING in the media.

Pretrial motions heard in Gregory Park murder case: http://www.wilsontimes.com/stories/p...n-wilson,98888

Gregory Parks’ attorney argued Thursday [Oct. 5] that multiple statements his client gave to police prior to his 2015 arrest in the killing of 20-year-old Isabel Calvo Palacios shouldn’t be admissible in court because his client’s constitutional rights were violated.

But prosecutors say Parks wasn’t under arrest at the time he voluntarily gave statements to police, so they weren’t required to read him his rights.

Parks, 58, will stand trial in a Pitt County courtroom Oct. 23 for the 2015 first-degree murder and kidnapping in Palacios’ disappearance. He is accused of killing the young mother on July 31, 2015, according to arrest warrants.
    There's more info about the hearing and the charges against Parks in the article.

(I can't figure out how to delete the thumbnail -- I went straight to the court site, not expecting to find any coverage, and was initially just going to mention the upcoming court date, but then I saw the article.)
    Last edited by noctilucent; 10-13-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5