1041 users online (198 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cottonweaver View Post
    Don't forget fight and flight are not the only options - there is also "freeze"
    ....yes ...... and as Aftermath so much likes alternatives there's also the alarm button or simply leaving the building etc etc etc......... just to the infinity..............

Quote Originally Posted by lithgow1 View Post
    Through a closed door, just like OP did?

Re 2nd BIB - so he was thinking then?
    Through a closed door or through an open(ing ) door.

Depends what you mean by thinking I suppose. Ability to think clearly is compromised during the fight-flight response.

Quote Originally Posted by aftermath View Post

Depends what you mean by thinking I suppose. Ability to think clearly is compromised during the fight-flight response.
    .....nothing opening about a locked door .......and if you say he didn't know that.........

Quote Originally Posted by Colin de France View Post
    ....in a place that he knew by heart .........with or without the lights.....
    He knew the door by heart? That doesn't make sense. shooting at a sound and then again at a moving sound is quite some skill. Did Nel ask the firing instructor about training people to shoot blind at only a noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin de France View Post
    .....nothing opening about a locked door .......and if you say he didn't know that.........
    How did he know it was locked at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by cottonweaver View Post
    Don't forget fight and flight are not the only options - there is also "freeze"
    Agreed. There is also freeze. I'll refer to it as the Fff response from now on to save on typing.

Through a closed door. The same closed door that he shot through. The same closed door that never opened.

He was thinking clearly enough to not fire a warning shot.

How did he know it was locked at the time?
    .........you tell me....maybe because he had been trying to get in to recover his telephone from Reeva.....

Quote Originally Posted by soozieqtips View Post
    And you are not giving him enough. He wasn't some child playing with a gun. He was an experienced shooter, and he was firing into a very small space.
    Experienced at shooting with precision at a moving target using only sound as a guide? This certainly wasn't explored in court...

Re the Mandy Weiner article you posted yesterday aftermath where it said that Reeva`s mother had forgiven him I pointed out that Weiner neglected to mention her view that 10 months wasn`t enough. This is apparently what she said:

June Steenkamp, the mother of law graduate and model Reeva, has remained dignified throughout the difficult trial and post-trial purpose, only making this comment on Oscar’s early release:

‘I don’t think it’s a good idea to let him back into society so quickly… he shot my daughter through the door where she had no space to move of defend herself’

‘One of the bullets blew her brains out, it is disgusting what he did to her - 10 months is just not enough.’

‘Justice must be done, otherwise there will be chaos.’

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/2015/0...d-two-years-on
    I didn't disagree with you that the article failed to mention their disappointment at the 10 months served.?

Experienced at shooting with precision at a moving target using only sound as a guide? This certainly wasn't explored in court...
    .....you're forgetting the bouncing bullets .....seriously though you should of realised by now that his version flew in from fantasy land ......somewhere in between Mickey Mouse and the Wizard of Oz..........

Quote Originally Posted by soozieqtips View Post
    Posted this before many threads ago, but will post again as it's relevant to your point.

Martin Hood (Sky News) - South African legal expert

The evidence has been that Oscar was shooting one handedly from a position where the gun was at his waist level, and in my experience, and I own more than one firearm, in order to shoot a group like that, you have to have a very firm grip on the firearm, and normally that group is with two hands. And the fact that the group is relatively small, shows that Oscar knew how to hold the fiream properly, and in all probability in my view, and if I were called to be an expert,

I would say this - he held it with two hands, and he held it very deliberately to get that grouping at that level.

When you're holding a firearm with one hand, and you're in that very excited state of mind that Pistorius said he was in, you're going to have a lot of shake, and you're not going to get such a small group as that. It's going to be all over the place. The fact that it isn't, in my view suggests that he had far more control than he actually is prepared to admit.
    Perhaps in the flurry of comments you missed this post aftermath but since we seem to have moved onto how he actually fired perhaps you would like to find some grounds to reject this opinion.

I didn't disagree with you that the article failed to mention their disappointment at the 10 months served.?
    I didn`t say you did. I was just posting what she actually did say. Remember, you posted that article as part of your point about the unfair treatment OP has received from the media and ironically it was just as biased in it`s choosing of what to report as any anti OP piece.

I didn`t say you did. I was just posting what she actually did say. Remember, you posted that article as part of your point about the unfair treatment OP has received from the media and ironically it was just as biased in it`s choosing of what to report as any anti OP piece.
    Perhaps not quite as biased....

Reeva was heard screaming for her life. In a very small toilet, I doubt her screams were difficult to track for an experienced shooter like the killer.

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast