1004 users online (227 members and 777 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToBendPages View Post
    I have used Oil of Olay since I was twenty five years old. I don't know if it's that , but people say I don't look my age and think I'm in my fifties.
    I'm allergic to Oil of Olay. Used it one time and got redness under my eyes.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    I love cucumber and onion too . Earlier this week I cut up the cucumber cut up the onions and reached into my pantry to get the vinegar. (1:1 here too usually with teeny bit of sugar ).
    ...no vinegar

So I used instead a marinade of Raspberry walnut vinegarette salad dressing .

It was yummmmmy !
    When I was growing up we never added sugar to ours, but now I add a little Swerve (sugar substitute) because my DH won't eat them the other way. He actually likes them now.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Keeping it clean- a pair of pears??
    OH I thought it was Kim Kardasians fat butt.

I've come across potatoes that look like that, and I make Anna be my partner in crime to tease my dh. One time I was peeling potatoes and had a bag of strange shapes and sizes and one was shaped like the yellow submarine, and I found one that was all lumpy and twisted, so I asked dh play a game called guess that shape and showed him the odd one and he'd guess and each time I told him no until he gave up, and I pulled out the other one and Anna yells the yellow submarine. As Anna always says - poor daddy.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    When I was growing up we never added sugar to ours, but now I add a little Swerve (sugar substitute) because my DH won't eat them the other way. He actually likes them now.
    Did your mother ever made a green-bean salad with chopped onions and tomatoes and Italian salad dressing?

My dh eats pickled beets with mayonnaise which just grosses me out.

When I was little our Sunday dinner after we got home from church (I'm really not that church going it was what my parents went through when we were young) was fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cream gravy, green beans and corn. I loved, and still do, have a slice of bread and gravy on my plate. I haven't made real cream gravy in a long time. I haven't fried a chicken in years. When we were growing up you learned how to cut up a chicken, they didn't come already done. Which works out good for my Showtime Rotisserie. but you need those bits and pieces from the chicken when you fry it.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

Jury verdict is "no unanimous decision" on all counts in James Holmes' trial sentencing phase three. A hearing for the formal sentencing will be later this month and is expected to last three days.

I know all states are different, but they seem especially thorough in Colorado. I mean, the judge read the jury's decision on each charge and stated each time that the jury "understands that he will be sentenced to LWOP." What more can be said or done?

Did your mother ever made a green-bean salad with chopped onions and tomatoes and Italian salad dressing?

My dh eats pickled beets with mayonnaise which just grosses me out.

When I was little our Sunday dinner after we got home from church (I'm really not that church going it was what my parents went through when we were young) was fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cream gravy, green beans and corn. I loved, and still do, have a slice of bread and gravy on my plate. I haven't made real cream gravy in a long time. I haven't fried a chicken in years. When we were growing up you learned how to cut up a chicken, they didn't come already done. Which works out good for my Showtime Rotisserie. but you need those bits and pieces from the chicken when you fry it.
    I have had green bean salad like that, it was pretty good but my mother didn't make it. She was big on jello salads, made red jello with fruit cocktail or sliced bananas and maybe pecans, or orange jello with grated up carrots in it. I loved those, they were big back in the day. And all I can say to the pickled beets and mayo, is no way, lol. Another thing I remember, we always had deserts, always baking cakes or pies. I started cooking young, sounds like you did too. Sad how most of the young people today don't know the first thing about cooking, I think it's a dying art.
    Yeah, I learned to cut up a chicken too, don't know if I would remember how today, and avoid it at all costs, lol. I remember eating the chicken gizzard and the heart . Do they even sell those parts anymore, even in the whole chickens? Well, they probably do, not that I would eat them now anyway. I can honestly say I don't miss cutting up and frying chicken, lol.

The thing that stands out in my memory for our after church Sunday dinners, chicken and rice... it had rice mixture and the chicken pieces were placed on top IIRC then baked in the oven, or roast beef with carrots and potatoes. Ah the memories. And I'm not much of a church goer now either, but growing up we went twice on Sundays and usually on Wednesday nights. Those aren't really positive memories for me because it was a really weird church. So when I left, I really left.

Cool

Hey everyone!

Just stopped by to say "That Guy" (Aurora theatre shooting) got LWOP...

Oh - onions with the cucumbers - I'll have to try that!

Also, another one I like is diced tomatoes, cut up pickles and chopped onions!! Now that we have our tomatoes ripening - that's what I'll be eating for lunch for a while! Yum!!

Love pickled beets - my mom made the best - but some of the store bought ones aren't that bad! Also fresh sauerkraut, but will only buy it in Latvia right from the vats! To die for! (If you like sauerkraut -not cooked, of course!)

Okay - off to update the McStay Timeline after today's hearing!

Cheers! Take care everyone!

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Wink

This is funny! Saw it on my Facebook page and had to share with you all!

Home Remedies to try!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    This is funny! Saw it on my Facebook page and had to share with you all!

Home Remedies to try!
    Oh, how I needed that. Next time I get bugged by someone, I will tell them to "watch out or I will make you into a slinky".
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Hey everyone!

Just stopped by to say "That Guy" (Aurora theatre shooting) got LWOP...

Oh - onions with the cucumbers - I'll have to try that!

Also, another one I like is diced tomatoes, cut up pickles and chopped onions!! Now that we have our tomatoes ripening - that's what I'll be eating for lunch for a while! Yum!!

Love pickled beets - my mom made the best - but some of the store bought ones aren't that bad! Also fresh sauerkraut, but will only buy it in Latvia right from the vats! To die for! (If you like sauerkraut -not cooked, of course!)

Okay - off to update the McStay Timeline after today's hearing!

Cheers! Take care everyone!

There is another thread here that everyone says where they are from. can you list your address please so I can come and steal some tomatoes in the middle of the night. I.WANTS.HOMEGROWN. :screwy:

OH I thought it was Kim Kardasians fat butt.

I've come across potatoes that look like that, and I make Anna be my partner in crime to tease my dh. One time I was peeling potatoes and had a bag of strange shapes and sizes and one was shaped like the yellow submarine, and I found one that was all lumpy and twisted, so I asked dh play a game called guess that shape and showed him the odd one and he'd guess and each time I told him no until he gave up, and I pulled out the other one and Anna yells the yellow submarine. As Anna always says - poor daddy.

The bolded admittedly, that is one pathetic woman IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    There is another thread here that everyone says where they are from. can you list your address please so I can come and steal some tomatoes in the middle of the night. I.WANTS.HOMEGROWN. :screwy:
    Over here on the east coast, I'm still waiting for my tomatoes to ripen, but made some delicious fried green tomatoes from the ones that fell off the vine too early. I just love summertime and all the good food options. So cheap, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    Oh, how I needed that. Next time I get bugged by someone, I will tell them to "watch out or I will make you into a slinky".
    Me too!!! Bad people, a slinky. Yeah! Thanks for that one, Niner!

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    I have had green bean salad like that, it was pretty good but my mother didn't make it. She was big on jello salads, made red jello with fruit cocktail or sliced bananas and maybe pecans, or orange jello with grated up carrots in it. I loved those, they were big back in the day. And all I can say to the pickled beets and mayo, is no way, lol. Another thing I remember, we always had deserts, always baking cakes or pies. I started cooking young, sounds like you did too. Sad how most of the young people today don't know the first thing about cooking, I think it's a dying art.
    Yeah, I learned to cut up a chicken too, don't know if I would remember how today, and avoid it at all costs, lol. I remember eating the chicken gizzard and the heart . Do they even sell those parts anymore, even in the whole chickens? Well, they probably do, not that I would eat them now anyway. I can honestly say I don't miss cutting up and frying chicken, lol.

The thing that stands out in my memory for our after church Sunday dinners, chicken and rice... it had rice mixture and the chicken pieces were placed on top IIRC then baked in the oven, or roast beef with carrots and potatoes. Ah the memories. And I'm not much of a church goer now either, but growing up we went twice on Sundays and usually on Wednesday nights. Those aren't really positive memories for me because it was a really weird church. So when I left, I really left.
    Yum, roast, potatoes and carrots and fresh peas. Another of my favorite dinners. Do you use flour or cornstarch to make your brown gravy? Oh meatloaf and broccoli rice casserole, pork chops and scalloped potatoes, salmon croquettes and mac and cheese. I think I just gained weight thinking of all my favorites.

Did your mother use the Tupperware jello molds? I still have all my Tupperware and Pyrex mixing bowls and casserole dishes.

Yep church twice on Sundays and the Wednesday night Bible study where we had dinner as a group. I went to church to not be home with my father so my religion started early.

1963 - Jacqueline Kennedy, wife of President John F. Kennedy, gave birth to a son today named Patrick Bouvier Kennedy.

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast