China - Typhoon forces evacuation of over 1 million...

Texas 1

Reaction score
Website
www.
I need to do more research on this but the Threadline which is the topic for this thread makes me wonder HOW China could evactuate one million people?

Snippets.....More than 1 million people fled their homes along China's southeast coast as Typhoon Haitang slammed into the mainland yesterday after hammering Taiwan, killing four people.

At 5:10 pm, the typhoon hit the coastal Chinese town of Huangqi in Fujian Province, with winds of 126-kilometres-per-hour reported in Lianjiang in Fujian.

More than 1 million people were evacuated from their homes in Fujian and Zhejiang provinces, China Central Television reported.

http://www2.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-07/20/content_461568.htm

When people were presented a bus, they got on it?

There was a real evacuation shelter at the other end of the evacuation?

Would-be looters knew they would be shot on sight?

The truth is, we don't know much about China and how they operate because they have been a very closed-off society for many years.

The last I heard of New Orleans, the metro area was 1.4 million. So if 1 million of them were evacuated, it's close.

Of course, we went out to dinner and I had some beer tonight, so I may be talking out my yin-yang. If so, please ignore me:)

Well planned
Well organised by people who know what they are doing
Well lead
Well equipt

but most important they help one another, theyre considerate/understanding of one another, in other words they go through it together
UNITY is strength and strength is survival

Us Aussies call it mateship you dont let your mates down in times of trouble or adversity. You unite and you survive.

Im not sure what the chinese call it :) But just remember the tsunami even though there was no warning so they could plan anything to help lesson the devestation. After it hit they went into action quickly and they worked together, worked for each other and worked for all those tourists.

Those people bonded strongly and helped and were considerate of others. sheeeeeeesh even the rebels stopped fighting and helped distribute medical supplies, food etc.

My sister was there 14 hours after it happened (gov- emergency task force, medical )and she was very impressed. She was also at Bali and had to direct all burns casualties from Bali into Aussie hospitals.
Thats why i could state (in a post a couple of days ago)about American Bali victims being transported by us to aussieland.

Its just an mentality, in times of trouble you unite to survive.
Once you have that mentality its very easy to deal with major probs such as evacuating 1 mill lol (plus all of the above.)

When you know you are united/bonded/supported in such situations it calms people by just knowing they are the same or in the same situation as others.

People panic or feel desperate when they feel alone or isolated or unsupported and then that leads to havoc.

Its amazing what can happen with good planning and unity

~aussieblue

Details said:
When people were presented a bus, they got on it?

There was a real evacuation shelter at the other end of the evacuation?

Would-be looters knew they would be shot on sight?

LOL details BUT oh so true about knowing looters will be shot on sight.

The chinese, well actualy asian cultures in general are so very strick with there social rules. So they know all to well the consequences of their actions and no amount of spin will get them out of trouble.

~aussieblue

aussieblue said:
LOL details BUT oh so true about knowing looters will be shot on sight.

The chinese, well actualy asian cultures in general are so very strick with there social rules. So they know all to well the consequences of their actions and no amount of spin will get them out of trouble.

~aussieblue
Yep. I won't always agree with it - but for looters, it really helps. They're a double problem - they cause others to stay behind to protect their property, and they are violent and a problem after the disaster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back