Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Please continue here.

I just googled "young girls kidnapped and held as sex slaves" and came up with pages and pages of cases. Try it.

If I have time (or if anyone else does) we should look at multiple places and the percentage of missing persons in that area. I bet you Myrtle Beach would be astounding.

I work as a data analyst, and in my free time, I wrote a script that I use to scrape the NamUs database on a semi-regular basis. Surprisingly, Myrtle Beach does not quite make the top 100. Here is a link if you are interested in viewing the chart:

http://discoviz.github.io

I haven't had a chance to work this part into the map just yet, but when adjusted for population, the top 10 states are:

State (Population / Missing Persons)
Alaska (710,231 / 136)
Arizona (6,392,017 / 755)
Oregon (3,831,074 / 355)
Vermont (625,741 / 51)
Washington (6,724,540 / 538)
Wyoming (563,626 / 42)
District of Columbia (601,723 / 41)
Montana (989,415 / 67)
Nevada (2,700,551 / 180)
Delaware (897,934 / 56)

Sorry if this is off topic but I have been looking for a proper venue to share these charts and Websleuths seemed like the best place.

Peace :peace: and Love :heartbeat:

I work as a data analyst, and in my free time, I wrote a script that I use to scrape the NamUs database on a semi-regular basis. Surprisingly, Myrtle Beach does not quite make the top 100. Here is a link if you are interested in viewing the chart:

I haven't had a chance to work this part into the map just yet, but when adjusted for population, the top 10 states are:

Alaska (710,231 / 136)
Oregon (3,831,074 / 355)
Vermont (625,741 / 51)
Wyoming (563,626 / 42)
Montana (989,415 / 67)
Nevada (2,700,551 / 180)
Delaware (897,934 / 56)

Sorry if this is off topic but I have been looking for a proper venue to share these charts and Websleuths seemed like the best place.

Peace [emoji14]eace: and Love [emoji813]beat:
I meant in other "popular tourist destinations" or party areas...could you look that up? I'm really interested in seeing that.

Alaska (710,231 / 136)
Oregon (3,831,074 / 355)
Vermont (625,741 / 51)
Wyoming (563,626 / 42)
Montana (989,415 / 67)
Nevada (2,700,551 / 180)
Delaware (897,934 / 56)

Peace :peace: and Love :heartbeat:

This is impressive! Great use of D3.js! As a front-end web developer and a websleuth I really appreciate this.

Just saw on local tv station an Iowa couple were sentenced for kidnapping a 20 year old female, brought her to Richmond, VA and forced her to have sex through ads they placed on Craig's list. They also tortured her by burning her with cigarettes and "other things". Judge gave them more prison time than prosecutors were asking for stating what they did was too horrendous for less time.

I saw that too Strawberry Fields. I'm so glad that truck driver took the time to make that call to LE when he saw the young woman at the rest stop.
Even reading here about all the horrible things people do to each other I was shocked to think anyone would do that to someone. I'm glad they got more time than prosecutors were asking for and I hope the young woman will get the help I'm sure she's going to need in order to live a half way normal life after this.

Every time I look at websleuths I pass the Missing but not Forgotten thread and think there's no reason to check on Brittanee because there's never any new info. I can't help it. I still check. I still have hope that one day we'll know what happened and deep down I hope and pray that she'll make it home alive. That Dawn will be able to hug and get a hug from her little girl again.

On my way to MB in a few weeks. I can't help but to think of this case. Of all the cases that are on here, hers and Amy Bradley distrub me the most. I flip-flop from time to time, in regards to wishing that she wasd alive somewhere out there, being held. Or do I want her to be already gone, not living through the relentless torment of whomever is hoilding her. I guess the only good part about her being held is that perhaps, one day she can be free like those Ohio women. Britanee would be about 23 now, she still would have her whole life ahead of her. If found tomorrow, she could still marry, have kids and move on from this nightmare.

Same with Bradley. She's older, but still has a lot of life left in her. I pray these woman can be found one day. Even if not alive, their family can atleast have partial closure. The not-knowing has to be the most terrible thing in the world.

Thanks for posting Rochestergirl. Have to wonder about if there was any trafficking involved with this attorney.

I guess I misinterpreted the first article. Seems he was probably only involved in one incident. My error in reading more into it. Thanks. Just wishing so much for justice for Brittanee and her family.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_ee13f252-4820-11e5-8fd8-7bc944f9d4ca.html

Oh no. Another missing teen.

A 16-year-old Myrtle Beach area teen still has not been found since she was last seen at an area Chik-fil-A on the first day of school.
Spindler has been entered into the NCIC database as a missing person. She stands 5-8, weighs 100 pounds and was last seen driving a 2002 Ford Escape, four-door SUV that was silver and bore S.C. tags KFI776.

Went to meet a guy named 'Jeremy'. Her car is missing also. Marley's phone found in parking lot of Ocean Reef resort in MB. The phone being found in parking lot is scary.

55d756021d381.image.jpg

55d755d2ec528.image.jpg

SC human trafficking may be more prevalent than thought
WBTW News StaffPublished: August 24, 2015, 12:23 pm

CLEMSON, SC — Human trafficking in South Carolina may be more prevalent than previously thought, according to a study released by researchers at Clemson University.

Nearly 20 percent of past kidnapping and prostitution case files analyzed from police incident reports in Greenville County over a three year period (2010-2012) had markers indicating the presence of human trafficking, said the study’s leader, Mark Small, a professor in Clemson’s youth, family and community studies department and associate director of Clemson’s Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life.

Historically, human trafficking was viewed as a problem of smuggling and illegal migration, but it more recently has been seen as a problem of commercial sexual exploitation, especially of minors, and of forced labor, especially through the use of coercion or fraud, Small said.

[...]

SC human trafficking may be more prevalent than thought
WBTW News StaffPublished: August 24, 2015, 12:23 pm

CLEMSON, SC — Human trafficking in South Carolina may be more prevalent than previously thought, according to a study released by researchers at Clemson University.

Nearly 20 percent of past kidnapping and prostitution case files analyzed from police incident reports in Greenville County over a three year period (2010-2012) had markers indicating the presence of human trafficking, said the study’s leader, Mark Small, a professor in Clemson’s youth, family and community studies department and associate director of Clemson’s Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life.

Historically, human trafficking was viewed as a problem of smuggling and illegal migration, but it more recently has been seen as a problem of commercial sexual exploitation, especially of minors, and of forced labor, especially through the use of coercion or fraud, Small said.

[...]

Aren't the woman who are trafficked usually very vulnerable, though? I would imagine that traffickers usually target women who won't be missed or searched for and are easier to control - runaways, drug addicts, people in extreme poverty and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23