Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

zwiebel

Reaction score
Five-year-old Jerold Joseph Williams has been missing from a campsite near Flagstaff, Arizona since 5.30pm Thursday. It's about 12 miles from Jacob Lake.

He was with around 20 family members and friends when he wandered off, chasing grasshoppers. An overnight helicopter search has turned up nothing.

Jacob's 3'6" with brown eyes and very short brown hair. Wearing a gray/tan shirt and blue jeans.

ETA: Mom and the rest of the group searched for four hours before notifying the Coconino County Sheriff's Office.

Attachments

• KNXV Jerold Williams_1438951656015_22427832_ver1.0_640_480-1.jpg
    KNXV Jerold Williams_1438951656015_22427832_ver1.0_640_480-1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,365
Oh no. Not another 'campground' case. :mad:

Oh no. Not another 'campground' case. :mad:

I was just thinking I should have put campsite in the link as you made that post. I've done it now. So sad, he was just chasing grasshoppers...

.CCSO said the mother lost sight of Jerold and members of the camping site began searching for the boy.

After four hours of searching, the decision was made to call officials.

Officials from multiple agencies, including two Air Force helicopters searched overnight for the boy.

Jerold is 3’6”, 35 pounds, with brown eyes and very short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a grey/tan shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

If you have any information regarding this incident call CCSO.

Jacob Lake is three hours north of Flagstaff, Arizona.

Video at link

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...als-searching-for-missing-boy-near-jacob-lake

Oh no! Not another one!

The campground is an unimproved camp site, about 12 miles south of Jacob Lake on Route 67, on Service Road 241. That puts it at about these map coordinates: 36.552448, -112.175600. I am trying to post maps and images of the area, but my internet is acting up. (It's raining here and I'm on satellite). So if we have any map makers, please post maps.

Is there water anywhere nearby? Anything that a child could fall into (old mines, septic tanks, etc)?

Is there water anywhere nearby? Anything that a child could fall into (old mines, septic tanks, etc)?

I was going to ask the same thing. I saw reviews that prople posted and they said there's no lake at the campground but said you can hear the traffic on the Highway.

We have had lots of rain and thunderstorms over night and the rain is still going .
Pray this little guy is found asap.

Jacob Lake is at an elevation of 7,920 feet. The Kaibab Plateau is an area uplifted by geologic processes, making it higher in elevation than the surrounding deserts (the closest town of Fredonia, Arizona is 28 miles away and nearly 4,700 feet).

Many species of wildlife call the Kaibab home, including the tassel-eared Kaibab squirrel, found nowhere else in the world, and numerous species of birds. The nearby lake only fills up with water occasionally, but marsh areas along the edges of the lake are great bird habitats.
Recreation

Grand Canyon National Park is a popular destination for campers staying at Jacob Lake Recreation Area. But from the campground itself, visitors can walk a pleasant one-mile loop trail, or take a 10 minute drive to the Kaibab Plateau Trail a section of the Arizona Trail, which runs north-to-south across the entire length of the state. The national forest also has a variety of mountain biking trails ranging from beginner to advanced levels. There is no fishing at Jacob Lake.

Reservations for horseback riding and chuck wagon rides, as well as bike rentals, are available at Jacob Lake Inn across the street.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campi...oundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=75417

4 HOURS?!
I am not one to criticize how long it takes to call police...
However, the 2 times I had a child "missing" I was calling by 30 minutes.
One time was in a "forest" area... and since I had no clue where to start looking I was ready to call after 10 minutes!

With that many people available to send someone to call if cell service was bad...
I see NO reason to wait 4 hours. That is an eternity when your child is missing!
In many of these cases LE has responded and FOUND the child within 4 hours. :twocents:

4 HOURS?!
I am not one to criticize how long it takes to call police...
However, the 2 times I had a child "missing" I was calling by 30 minutes.
One time was in a "forest" area... and since I had no clue where to start looking I was ready to call after 10 minutes!

With that many people available to send someone to call if cell service was bad...
I see NO reason to wait 4 hours. That is an eternity when your child is missing!
In many of these cases LE has responded and FOUND the child within 4 hours. :twocents:

I agree 100%. I would call right away, especially in a wooded area like that.

I was going to ask the same thing. I saw reviews that prople posted and they said there's no lake at the campground but said you can hear the traffic on the Highway.

What campground? Do you have a name for the campground? The news is reporting that it is 12 miles south of Lake Jacob.

The 4 hour wait to call 911 seems mind blowing. My niece went missing for 5 minutes when we were camping and it was terrifying, we were moments away from calling 911.

We have had lots of rain and thunderstorms over night and the rain is still going .
Pray this little guy is found asap.

If he's not, I'm afraid we're going to start seeing allegations, criticisms and suspicions against the poor family. How soon do you think we'll get the question as to whether he was ever really there?

May he be found soon and the family be protected in this horrible time. I cannot imagine the anguish they are feeling.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back