Identified! CA - Los Angeles Co., Remains in shallow grave, Aug'15 - Maria Delrefugio Chavez

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-backyard-dig-human-remains-20150806-story.html

"Authorities told reporters at the scene little about the dig and refused to say who the missing person was because it might compromise a potential homicide investigation.

The person investigators from the L.A. County sheriff's and coroner's departments are looking for is not believed to have been a resident at the home in the 700 block of Elsberry Avenue, officials said."

Video, so far no remains found, however cadaver dogs indicated there is reason to search the yard..imo.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/La-Puente-Death-Investigation-320900061.html

"The information is pretty specific where to look in the yard," Lewandowski said. From a helicopter above, members of the Coroner's Special Operations Response Team (SORT) were seen using hand tools to probe and sift through soil being excavated from holes dug in the yard, in some cases in areas where hardscape had to be moved first.
Members of the family of four living at the house now and since before 2009 were brought outside and later questioned by investigators. Family members have been "cooperating," and investigators do not believe the family is involved in the missing persons case, Lewandowski said."

Video, so far no remains found, however cadaver dogs indicated there is reason to search the yard..imo.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/La-Puente-Death-Investigation-320900061.html

"The information is pretty specific where to look in the yard," Lewandowski said. From a helicopter above, members of the Coroner's Special Operations Response Team (SORT) were seen using hand tools to probe and sift through soil being excavated from holes dug in the yard, in some cases in areas where hardscape had to be moved first.
Members of the family of four living at the house now and since before 2009 were brought outside and later questioned by investigators. Family members have been "cooperating," and investigators do not believe the family is involved in the missing persons case, Lewandowski said."

From your link; I wonder if they hired someone to do landscaping; that person buried the remains there.

"The information is pretty specific where to look in the yard," Lewandowski said. From a helicopter above, members of the Coroner's Special Operations Response Team (SORT) were seen using hand tools to probe and sift through soil being excavated from holes dug in the yard, in some cases in areas where hardscape had to be moved first

From your link; I wonder if they hired someone to do landscaping; that person buried the remains there.

"The information is pretty specific where to look in the yard," Lewandowski said. From a helicopter above, members of the Coroner's Special Operations Response Team (SORT) were seen using hand tools to probe and sift through soil being excavated from holes dug in the yard, in some cases in areas where hardscape had to be moved first

Never thought of that before, but thinking of it now- maybe there are a number of cases where that has happened!

:eek:

Can't believe I didn't copy over the end quote. lol Fixed my post

It wouldn't surprise me if it's happened many times :(

More info:

We have recovered skeletal remains of a body,'' Ed Winter of the coroner's office said. "It has not been identified yet, and it'll be a process that we'll follow through in trying to get the body positively ID'd as soon as possible.''

It was unclear how long it will take to identify the remains.

Sheriff's officials would only say the investigation involves the whereabouts of a person reported missing in 2009. Authorities declined to identify the missing person, described only as an adult.

[SUP]

Also
[/SUP]http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sicairos_jesus.html

I could have sworn I read they were searching for remains of a female yesterday in one of the links in Bob Harrod's thread

I thought they were looking for a female too but couldn't find why I thought that so I figured that was an assumption on my part, lol. Didn't Bob Harrod goes missing in 2009?

I thought they were looking for a female too but couldn't find why I thought that so I figured that was an assumption on my part, lol. Didn't Bob Harrod goes missing in 2009?

I had not seen that, only that yesterday it did seem like the male found in a different case was mixed up with the person in this case and quickly retracted.

But just now, catching up, I clicked on dotr's link here: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/La-Puente-Death-Investigation-320900061.html

And note the intro banner on the 2nd video down says "Excavation Remains of Missing Woman to Resume Friday"
So that's been there a couple days?

On the local news, they interviewed a middle aged woman who lived in this house. She has lived there for more than 20 years and she was in shock that the cops were looking for a buried body there. Then the detective was intervirewed and he said the family that lived in the home had NO CONNECTION or involvement in the crime. I feel awful for them.

I wonder if the body was buried by the landscaping service? What a great place to hide your dead girlfriend---a totally random place where you were hired to plant new bushes?

Debra Jaramillo is another adult from that area, and was LKA in 2009

jaramillo_deborah.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jaramillo_deborah.html

Several videos at link.
Some snippets from this oddly secretive, yet very public dig, imo.
rbbm.
http://ktla.com/2015/08/07/human-sk...connection-with-missing-person-investigation/

“I can confirm we have a human body in the backyard,” sheriff’s Lt. Victor Lewandowski said outside the residence, which is located in the 700 block of Eldsberry Avenue. He added they were found “in the hole out there, in the grave.”

snip>

He told reporters that the discovery was being investigated as a homicide".

snip>

"Investigators have not released the name, gender or age of the missing person, but they do not believe they resided at the home."

snip>

"According to Lewandowski, the focus of the investigation would change if the remains belonged to the missing person.

“There would be some suspicions that were confirmed
. Because of the fact that Homicide Bureau was involved in a missing persons, they’re has to be some sort of foul play before we would get involved in it, so this would certainly change the scope of the investigation,” he said.

Lewandowski emphasized that investigators did not have any suspects or persons of interest in the case".

I had not seen that, only that yesterday it did seem like the male found in a different case was mixed up with the person in this case and quickly retracted.

But just now, catching up, I clicked on dotr's link here: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/La-Puente-Death-Investigation-320900061.html

And note the intro banner on the 2nd video down says "Excavation Remains of Missing Woman to Resume Friday"
So that's been there a couple days?

In the second video in the post, a mother and son whose sister/ daughter,( whose name i cannot quite make out ), are speculating that the remains are of their loved one, although apparently they were told that was not the case.

@ 1:10 video # 2.

The person was buried down beneath a concrete slab. They wanted to make sure that they where not found and it took some work and planning. I'm surprised the neighbors didn't see someone pouring this concrete slab since they seem to know a lot about the neighbors.

I know it's far fetched but what about Susan Powell?

In the second video in the post, a mother and son whose sister/ daughter,( whose name i cannot quite make out ), are speculating that the remains are of their loved one, although apparently they were told that was not the case.

@ 1:10 video # 2.

I read this in one of the news articles. How sad. I would think if LE received a tip and went out there specifically to look for the remains of the missing person that they would have told the family that they had a lead.

I read this in one of the news articles. How sad. I would think if LE received a tip and went out there specifically to look for the remains of the missing person that they would have told the family that they had a lead.

Made an error in the name and edited my above post, very sorry- from the video i could not quite make out the name - but it is not
Nora Amador
, being referred to in the video, she went missing this past year.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?275120-CA-Nora-Amador-38-Los-Angeles-8-March-2015

It seems there have been a few cases from the area in the news lately, there must be many concerned people waiting for dna results, imo.
Maybe a nervous perp too!, imo, speculation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821
Back