1161 users online (235 members and 926 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Portugal - Jon Edwards, 31, Lagos, 15 Sept 2014

Jon Anderson Edwards

Woman may have spotted her missing son in the background of a Facebook photo
    A heartbroken mother, Lesley Edwards, swears she saw her son, who has been missing for 11 months, in the background of a photograph at a Blues' pre-season game against Fiorentina on Wednesday. She is now pleading for help from Chelsea fans and Facebook users to help her locate her son.

Edwards, 54, has been searching for Jon Anderson Edwards non-stop for the past 11 months. He disappeared while working in Lagos, Portugal in September 2014. Lesley even traveled to Lagos to try to find her son. Jon is a chef and is originally from Scotland. The 31-year-old suffered head injuries in a fall one day and then failed to show up at work.

http://m.aol.com/article/2015/08/07/...a-fa/21219849/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

His mother responds on the FB page that it was not her son at the game.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    His mother responds on the FB page that it was not her son at the game.
    I read the same earlier, though haven't seen anything official to confirm this was the case.

I think they look vaguely similar but would never say it was the same man. Plus (IMO), if you successfully disappeared for 11 months then turned up at a Chelsea friendly, those head injuries were probably worse than you thought.....

Mother of missing man confirms that mystery Chelsea fan is not her son

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/08/mother...r-son-5333121/

However, after making a heartfelt plea to Chelsea fans, Lesley was contacted by the sister of the man in question, who confirmed that it was not her son.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

So How did he hurt his head?

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Per the above linked article :

"The 31-year-old suffered head injuries in a fall one day and then failed to show up at work."

Not too specific as far as details.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    ‘He went out on a Friday night and had a fall and said he’d been falling sick and dizzy afterwards. He went missing without his phone, clothes and passport.’
    Anyone with information on Jon’s disappearance should contact Police Scotland on 101.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/08/mother...#ixzz3iRA0xdHF
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Quote Originally Posted by Damarna View Post
    Per the above linked article :

"The 31-year-old suffered head injuries in a fall one day and then failed to show up at work."

Not too specific as far as details.

Really! Id like to know who he was with.
    If they were out one evening and who did he tell he was feeling sick and dizzy>

obviously he made it home if all those things were left right?

Such a handsome man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

From September:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/loc...rance-1.900007

A Tayside family is still searching for answers a year after an Arbroath man disappeared without a trace in Portugal...

Jon left behind his mobile phone, clothes, passport and other personal possessions in his flat and Lesley intends to travel back to Lagos at the start of next month to collect his belongings from the police. She said: “The police have stopped their investigation over there so I want to collect his stuff from them.

“I’d rather have them over here and I keep thinking there’s a small chance that Kenna and I might see something on his phone which the police might not have considered significant.”
    From last month:

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...issing-expats/

Scot Jon Edwards disappeared from his home in Lagos, Portugal in September 2014. Police believe the 31-year-old may have skipped the border into southern Spain. Two days before his disappearance, Jon knocked himself unconscious after getting drunk at a party and falling down a hill.