1147 users online (244 members and 903 guests)  

Websleuths News

Hot Dog Preservative Could Be Disease Cure

Could the salt that preserves hot dogs also preserve your health? Scientists at the National Institutes of Health think so. They've begun infusing sodium nitrite into volunteers in hopes that it could prove a cheap but potent treatment for sickle cell anemia, heart attacks, brain aneurysms, even an illness that suffocates babies.

Those ailments have something in common: They hinge on problems with low oxygen, problems the government's research suggests nitrite can ease.

http://www.wfmy.com/watercooler/wate...?storyid=47990
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Oh yeah? What about those of us who are severely allergic to sodium nitrate? I'll bet when it's approved by the FDA our insurance companies won't cover anything else because it's cheap!

I swear like everyday, they tell you it is not good for you, the next day it is and then the next person says that person was wrong and this is right.

Makes one had spin, I am so confused......

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    I swear like everyday, they tell you it is not good for you, the next day it is and then the next person says that person was wrong and this is right.

Makes one had spin, I am so confused......
    Mee too...I'm glad they said alcohol (in moderation) chocolate (dark) and butter were OK though. If they change their minds on those items again, I just don't want to know about it...mpi

Especially dark chocolate........Cocoa too.........

I will put my hands over my ears and IGNORE what ever they say........